***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,979 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Teddy Perkins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sox up 12-2 on the Yanks in the 4th. Broadcasters saying the Yanks need starting pitching to compete with Cole and Verlander.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
For reference, we traded Musgrove, Moran, Feliz, and Jason Martin for two years of control on Cole. Three had major league experience and one minor leaguer. If we were to trade for Thor, you're probably looking at a similar cost.
AggiEE
EastCoastAgNc said:

For reference, we traded Musgrove, Moran, Feliz, and Jason Martin for two years of control on Cole. Three had major league experience and one minor leaguer. If we were to trade for Thor, you're probably looking at a similar cost.

So no top prospects like Whitley or Tucker
Silent For Too Long
With Brantley and Reddick likely gone after next year I just dont see JL letting go of Tucker.

Pretty much anything else is on the table at least.

My honest bet is we end up going for something cheaper. A 3/4 that doesn't cost much in return. That's just how I see the FO handling this.

Still would be thrilled if they get a big name at the right price.
Ag_07
AG
A) PIT wasn't in full on rebuild mode. They were a borderline playoff team. They needed ML ready talent.

B) It wasn't a deadline deal. You'll pay more now than in January.

If Luhnow can get Bauer, Stroman, or Thor or any type of top end starter without Tucker or Whitley he's the best GM in the history of sports.

And maybe he decides it's not worth it but I think that's what the price is gonna be.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Mathguy64
AG
Stroman for Tucker is iffy. Tucker plus anything but junk is iffier. If you tell me it's Stroman and an extended contract at a reasonable price I like it more.
Mathguy64
AG
The calculus had to include a decision on Springer. Tucker for Stroman or Thor tells me they are resigning George.
Ag_07
AG
Tucker is blocked until Reddick, Brantley, or George are gone.

How long can he sit in AAA before we just have bite the bullet and move him?

Not that I think he's a bust but there's just not a spot for him.
W
AG
similar to having a bench of players out of options...the front office has put itself in a tough spot with all four outfielders hitting free agency after the same season (2020).

really need to hold onto Tucker
Mathguy64
AG
Can we just fast forward to Aug 1 and get all the uncertainty out of the way?
n_touch
Screw Fanatics. Ordered the Apollo hat days ago and just got an email that they are out of stock and they could not fulfill the order.
n_touch
. . . said:

https://instagr.am/p/B0W9p40B_T-

Anyone scroll through Tyler White's instagram? If you did and got to Valentines Day I can see why you guys hate him so much. Tubby is winning
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Marvin
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I know it's for the best...... But im taking this Kemp news like a bad breakup........ No more hugs for homers.

I'm going to get a gallon of chocolate ice cream and watch chick flicks

Mrs. Marvin is taking it equally hard.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Lets check in on the Yankees / RedSox game...

19-3 RedSox after 8 innings
Marvin
AG
n_touch said:

. . . said:

https://instagr.am/p/B0W9p40B_T-

Anyone scroll through Tyler White's instagram? If you did and got to Valentines Day I can see why you guys hate him so much. Tubby is winning

Not on Twitter, but if you're referring to a cute young blondie then I know her through my daughter- they played softball together. Great young lady.

Edit: or Instagram
EastCoastAgNc
AG

If only...
Teddy Perkins
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Lets check in on the Yankees / RedSox game...

19-3 RedSox after 8 innings

bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07
AG
That's great.

If they don't wanna trade him to a team that's better than them they won't have many options.
AustinCountyAg
Yes, Tyler dates a former Brenham Cubette.
redline248
AG
"We don't want him to go to a team and be a lot better and prove to the world we suck at our jobs."
Mathguy64
AG
Everyone already knows the Mets suck at player development and identification and their front office in general. Trading Thor to a team using analytics won't exactly be changing anyone's minds about that fact.
McInnis
AG
About two weeks ago the Yankees had an advantage In runs differential of about 40 over the Astros. That's down to 8 now.
titanmaster_race
Luhnow, do what it takes to get Thor and bring home that second Commissioner's trophy
Ags #1
AG
Cause he makes a lot of money and has a hot gf
SA-AG72
AG
rangers up 10-3 on the A's
bearkatag15
AG
Division lead will be up to 8 games after tonight with the rangers curb stomping the A's
Farmer1906
AG
Don't stress over the As. They're not good enough to catch up.
Farmer1906
AG
https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/latest-on-noah-syndergaard-edwin-diaz.html

I don't want another Zach Britton situation with Thor.
AggiEE
Farmer1906 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/07/latest-on-noah-syndergaard-edwin-diaz.html

I don't want another Zach Britton situation with Thor.

Yeah unless he can be had relatively cheaply, I think we roll the dice with our current starter situation.

We basically have around the best record in baseball with our guys being injured, and not having Alvarez in the lineup for a good portion of it too.
Hulla Baller
AG
We need Peacock to come back and be ready to go!
Ag_07
AG
Quote:

Yeah unless he can be had relatively cheaply, I think we roll the dice with our current starter situation.

Not really an option. We only have 4 starters currently. Luhnow will make a move.

When he says 'We think we can we go with a 4 man rotation until after the trade deadline' that really means 'We're adding an arm so we can wing until the new addition gets here'.

If we we stand still that's a massive failure.

While I'd like to see the addition of a top end starter I think we end up acquiring a middle of the road 4/5 guy that's somewhat cheap.
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Not really an option. We only have 4 starters currently. Luhnow will make a move.

When he says 'We think we can we go with a 4 man rotation until after the trade deadline' that really means 'We're adding an arm so we can wing until the new addition gets here'.

If we we stand still that's a massive failure.

While I'd like to see the addition of a top end starter I think we end up acquiring a middle of the road 4/5 guy that's somewhat cheap.

I felt the same way in 2017.
First Page Last Page
Page 679 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.