***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

1,782,249 Views | 37318 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Big Al 1992
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Top 30 Prospect: Whitey or Tucker

Solid Pieces: Kemp, Martin, & Uriquidy

Sounds good?

If that's really the cost, I don't see why the deal can't be done today.
I would have thought much more, but that is basically what the tweet laid out.
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thank you. On mobile, didn't see the arbitration years.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Top 30 Prospect: Whitey or Tucker

Solid Pieces: Kemp, Martin, & Uriquidy

Sounds good?

If that's really the cost, I don't see why the deal can't be done today.
I would have thought much more, but that is basically what the tweet laid out.
Tucker, Kemp, Martin, and You're Kidding...seriously, do it now!!!
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer1906 said:

Top 30 Prospect: Whitey or Tucker

Solid Pieces: Kemp, Martin, & Uriquidy

Sounds good?

Would rather give up Whitley than Martin.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Farmer1906 said:

Top 30 Prospect: Whitey or Tucker

Solid Pieces: Kemp, Martin, & Uriquidy

Sounds good?

Would rather give up Whitley than Martin.
No, but Whitley is still a much better prospect than Martin even before the injury.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


It might come down to Whitley vs Deivi Garcia.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:



It might come down to Whitley vs Deivi Garcia.
Well they are the Mets, so top of rotation for the Mets is like a 4 or 5 for the Astros. So...Urkeeding? Sneed? Valdez?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Noah's Red Flags
  • Never pitched more than 184 innings in a season
  • Highest ERA, WHIP, FIP, and xFIP of his career this season
  • K% has gone down each of the last 4 years
  • Hard Hit % is up about 8 points from last year
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Noah's Red Flags
  • Never pitched more than 184 innings in a season
  • Highest ERA, WHIP, FIP, and xFIP of his career this season
  • K% has gone down each of the last 4 years
  • Hard Hit % is up about 8 points from last year

It would be interesting to compare this to Cole's last year with the Pirates or Verlander's last half season with the Tigers.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Noah's Red Flags
  • Never pitched more than 184 innings in a season
  • Highest ERA, WHIP, FIP, and xFIP of his career this season
  • K% has gone down each of the last 4 years
  • Hard Hit % is up about 8 points from last year

It would be interesting to compare this to Cole's last year with the Pirates or Verlander's last half season with the Tigers.

Syndergaard
4.33 ERA
3.64 FIP
4.03 xFIP

Cole
4.26 ERA
4.08 FIP
3.81 xFIP

Verlander
3.82 ERA
4.07 FIP
4.41 xFIP
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
. . . said:



Bregman dressed like he's going to a boy band audition.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not convinced we should try and get THOR if the price is either Tucker or Whitley.

If they expect that level of prospects for 2 years of THOR then I think that's a huge over-pay. Hope Lunhow sticks to his guns.
ChAg1799
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agproducer said:

EastCoastAgNc said:





Wow! Tough loss for them.
Ehhh... we destroyed him in the first game this year... hopefully he'll be back for the payoffs if we get stuck playing against Tampa...
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

Noah's Red Flags
  • Never pitched more than 184 innings in a season
  • Highest ERA, WHIP, FIP, and xFIP of his career this season
  • K% has gone down each of the last 4 years
  • Hard Hit % is up about 8 points from last year

It would be interesting to compare this to Cole's last year with the Pirates or Verlander's last half season with the Tigers.

Syndergaard
4.33 ERA
3.64 FIP
4.03 xFIP

Cole
4.26 ERA
4.08 FIP
3.81 xFIP

Verlander
3.82 ERA
4.07 FIP
4.41 xFIP
Add this in there...
K/9


BB/9


That is eery right there.

I'm in. I want Thor.

Edit: fixed the graphs
ChAg1799
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
n_touch said:

Did he bang some wives on here or something?
Not that i know of, but he did keep on beating me to the puddin' at the buffet and all the pies at the Int'l house of pies... ***** is fast then...
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not so sure I'm willing to give Ur kidding, Whitley and Martin. Seems too high for me.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
no more Kempin'

it seems like the Cincinnati series sealed his fate. He had 2 critical late-inning AB's in that series that would have tied the game or given the Astros the lead. And he could not deliver or come close
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the Astros indeed have talent.

in the last 2 weeks the team has DFA'd 2 guys that combined for 439 plate appearances on a 1st place team.

don't see that everyday
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ChAg1799 said:

agproducer said:

EastCoastAgNc said:





Wow! Tough loss for them.
Ehhh... we destroyed him in the first game this year... hopefully he'll be back for the payoffs if we get stuck playing against Tampa...


Bad take. Snell is a stud.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think for Stroman or Thor you're looking at giving up something like Whitley/Tucker, JBB/Beer, Kemp/UrKidding, and a lotto ticket. With the / meaning or

Just my take based on the market.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

I think for Stroman or Thor you're looking at giving up Whitley/Tucker, JBB/Beer, Kemp/UrKidding, and a lotto ticket.

Just my take based on the market.


Huge overpay

Would not budge
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah it's a lot but man those guys are legit arms, controllable, and cheap.

And I call BS on TOR keeping and extending Stroman. They've had every chance to do that and haven't.
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

Yeah it's a lot but man those guys are legit arms, controllable, and cheap.

And I call BS on TOR keeping and extending Stroman. They've had every chance to do that and haven't.


I know it would be nice but Stroman only has 1 extra year of control, THOR has only 2.

That haul is way too big for pieces that will be cheap and controllable for many years to come
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag_07 said:

Yeah it's a lot but man those guys are legit arms, controllable, and cheap.

And I call BS on TOR keeping and extending Stroman. They've had every chance to do that and haven't.


I know it would be nice but Stroman only has 1 extra year of control, THOR has only 2.

That haul is way too big for pieces that will be cheap and controllable for many years to come
Thor gives you 2 more years of a legit #3 (really a #2 for most and might have to be if Cole goes elsewhere) and gives us a really good chance this year at a ring.

Tucker or Whitley might never figure it out...way too many examples of guys that just couldn't get over the hump at a big league level. We've got a '27 Yankee level lineup with Correa healthy and with 3 big arms and Miley as your 4th that gives you every possible chance for another title.

Our farm is stocked, especially to replace Tucker and with Alvarez's emergence makes him much more expendable. I wouldn't like giving up Whitley but he's not a sure thing either.
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag_07 said:

Yeah it's a lot but man those guys are legit arms, controllable, and cheap.

And I call BS on TOR keeping and extending Stroman. They've had every chance to do that and haven't.


I know it would be nice but Stroman only has 1 extra year of control, THOR has only 2.

That haul is way too big for pieces that will be cheap and controllable for many years to come


"Only" two years of control? That's a long time for a guy on the cheap in a trade who is a top SP in the game
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thor isn't a sure thing either. He hasn't had a good season.

When Reddick is gone we need a talented hitter in our outfield for cheap, so I wouldn't trade Tucker.

Further, of that list I expect at least 1 of our pitching prospects to turn out to be reliable.

In the playoffs having 3 great starters is probably enough. Again, it would be nice to have a other arm but getting rid of 3 highly valued prospects would be way too much.
cpsencik04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think we should be including more than a single arm that is capable of being in the rotation next season. So if we need to include a top prospect then I could see Kemp, Whitley and one or two other youngsters
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All valid points but you also have to think about next year.

We've hashed it out over and over in regards to paying of letting Cole walk, but for a stud who has 2 years of control it may be worth it.
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://instagr.am/p/B0W9p40B_T-
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you think you can resign Cole get a quality #2 and don't break the farm. If you think you can't then spend more now for another #1. You can resign Miley and you get LMJ back next year too.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's for the best...... But im taking this Kemp news like a bad breakup........ No more hugs for homers.


I'm going to get a gallon of chocolate ice cream and watch chick flicks
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
Page 678 of 1067
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.