***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,246 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
OK, got it. My hypothesis is asanine. Said it might be out there...
Ag_07
AG
I sure wish we could see Sassy Lance pitch to Yadier Molina this weekend.

I'M RIGHT HERE MFer!!!!!
Mr President Elect
AG
Beat40 said:

Safe at Home said:

Problem is, you gotta win the division first and then set yourself up for post season position. Which outfielder are you willing to DH or give the day off knowing you have to get Diaz in there too at some point at the risk of costing us a run with bad defense that might lose a game and maybe cost you your goal of post season positioning?

Reddick in the NL parks, he has been in a funk lately. Get him some reps replacing MB and letting MB DH more against the AL. The little bit I have seen him play the field, he didn't seem like a liability to me.
bearkatag15
AG
https://www.mlb.com/news/six-dark-horse-trade-candidates

Richard Justice put together a list of dark horse trade candidates and listed teams that would make the most sense for each. He has the Astros listed on the following:

Noah Syndergaard
Felipe Vazquez
James McCann

I would be over the moon to land these 3. No way that happens though. McCann and Vazquez would be my dream scenario out of these 3.
Ag_07
AG
All 3 of those would be legit

But really 1/2 of those he talks about aren't anywhere close to dark horse candidates.
Marvin
AG
tjholley16 said:

Making my first Astros road trip (besides Arlington) this weekend to St Louis ... very hyped

The wife and I will be there Sunday!
Eeyore Smooth
AG
Marvin said:

tjholley16 said:

Making my first Astros road trip (besides Arlington) this weekend to St Louis ... very hyped

The wife and I will be there Sunday!
I'll be at the game Saturday! First time to St. Louis so looking forward to it.
CFTXAG10
AG
Although the mood is sour on the guy by some, I am excited to get him back tomorrow.

Ag_07
AG
And man I'd love to have this guy on our team.

https://www.mlb.com/news/marcus-stroman-last-home-start-before-trade-deadline

His fiery attitude and bulldog mentality would be so much fun to watch.

A 1-4 of JV, Cole, Stroman, Miley would so filthy. Good F-in luck winning a 7 game series against that rotation.
bearkatag15
AG
#1 on my wish list.
Marvin
AG
I looked back at some of the trades the Astros have made, and very few have hurt them in terms of minor leaguers turning into studs. Maybe I missed a big one, but here's the notable ones I ran across:

Trading Hader/Houser/Santana/Phillips for Fiers/Gomez... may be considered bad given Hader's run, but Fiers carried the team when everyone else was hurt.

Mengden and Nottingham for Kazmir... ok, that one was a dud.

Lowrie for McCurry... not a good trade so far, but that was a major for a minor.

Brandon Bailey for Ramon Laureano... minor for minor, but still incomplete? Bailey is progressing through the ranks and is now at CC with a career 3.04 ERA.

Several trades have been spectacular (Andersen for Bagwell back in the day, Fields for Alvarez also, but those were a major for a minor)

Biggest one recently is obviously Verlander for Rogers, Cameron and Perez. Win all day long, no matter what those guys do in the future.

Lot of moving parts to trades- did trading away guys hurt when the major league club suffered subsequent injuries, were minor leaguers blocked regardless so get what you can, etc. Hard to analyze all of that. On the surface, though, the Astros don't seem to have been burned when they've traded future talent for established players.
Ags #1
AG
Giving up Zorbist to get Aubrey huff
Teddy Perkins
AG

Stroman is going to be a tough get.
Ag_07
AG
I think someone has mentioned it before but TOR will demand we give them Tucker, Whitley, and Alvarez.

We'll end up learning they dealt him to NYY for a couple lotto tickets and a PTBNL.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think someone has mentioned it before but TOR will demand we give them Tucker, Whitley, and Alvarez.

We'll end up learning they dealt him to NYY for a couple lotto tickets and a PTBNL.

This.
rosco511
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Ag_07 said:

This.

Yep, somehow the Yankees manage to keep best prospects and teams negotiating with Astros never relent.
Farmer1906
AG
The Brewers trade ended up being pretty terrible for us. Hader is an elite reliever. That's the only trade I feel like we lost Bigly.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Interest is not equal to a completed transaction. Have to remember that these baseball reporters are throwing out everything they hear, and a week before the deadline, everyone has interest in everybody. The Astros chances are what they are for certain guys. Gotta try and trust in Lunhow.
bearkatag15
AG

Ag_07
AG
So they're giving us a free out in the WS.

I like it
bearkatag15
AG
Trade!!!

bearkatag15
AG
2.45 ERA in AA this year

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=scrubb000and
BCSGrubber
AG
We got A Scrubb for white that is so fitting when you read it
Mr President Elect
AG
I am going to assume this new pitcher is just a scrub
Prosperdick
AG
BCSGrubber said:

We got A Scrubb for white that is so fitting when you read it
A scrub is better than a bag of balls, which is more than what I thought we'd get for him.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
He's actually got some decent numbers this year

Era under 2.5
Whip under 1.25
10so per 9
No word on spinrate etc
Ag_07
AG
So who's gonna tell the Dodgers they're better off letting their pitchers hit than PHing White?
Mr.Ackar07
Any indication if Scrubb is the Alvarez of pitching?
Mr President Elect
AG
I am just going to assume there was miscommunication between the Dodgers and Astros again, like with the Alvarez trade.

Lunhow: will take any scrub for him.
Dodgers: hmmm... that's a lot, but okay, you can have Scrubb
Mathguy64
AG
So The Dodgers gave us Yordan and in return we gift them Chunky?
astros4545
AG
Bonfired
AG
I saw the name on this transaction and thought it was April Fool's Day four months late...White traded for a scrub(b). The jokes just write themselves.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
How much you want to bet this is them bringing in an Astros resource so if we make it to the WS, they can have an asset who is disgruntled with his former team to provide intel?
bearkatag15
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

He's actually got some decent numbers this year

Era under 2.5
Whip under 1.25
10so per 9
No word on spinrate etc
ChAg1799
AG
Farmer1906 said:

The Brewers trade ended up being pretty terrible for us. Hader is an elite reliever. That's the only trade I feel like we lost Bigly.

I never really liked the Giles trade. 6 players for 2 was a lot.
First Page Last Page
Page 675 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.