***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,535 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gap said:

I think Straw goes to AAA when Correa is activated and Kemp remains in the utility man spot he is in now while Straw plays everyday in AAA. Then we see Straw again with September 1 call ups unless he is needed before then because of injury.

This makes the most sense.

Can always recall Straw. Once Kemp is gone, he's gone
Ag_07
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Gap said:

I think Straw goes to AAA when Correa is activated and Kemp remains in the utility man spot he is in now while Straw plays everyday in AAA. Then we see Straw again with September 1 call ups unless he is needed before then because of injury.

This makes the most sense.

Can always recall Straw. Once Kemp is gone, he's gone

And...He's Tyler White bad and gets damn near 0 playing time anyways.

Straw is proving he's a legit ML players and now that he can play SS he's that got even more value.
ontheedge
Not sure what Kemp you're watching to compare him to White but saying this makes your take suspect in my mind. Kemp been with the team since they broke spring training. They will make room for him. Has he been perfect, no but he has contributed.
I could see him in a trade possibly but past the trade deadline he will be here IMO.

Mathguy64
AG
Here we are worried about how to keep a guy as the 25th guy on the roster who slashes .231/.313/.425 with a wRC+ of 97 and fWAR of 0.6 in limited playing time. And we just watched the Rangerettes trot out a guy every day who slashes .189/.251/.391 with a wRC+ of 57 and who two seasons ago had a wRC+ of 57 in 650 ABs.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have some real third world problems .
Mathguy64
AG
Ag_07 said:

And...He's Tyler White bad and gets damn near 0 playing time anyways.

Kemp is who he is. A utility 25th man on a roster. But he's not even close to Teletubbie bad this year.

Kemp .231/.313/.425, 7 HR, 23 R, 17 RBI, 15.3% K, wRC+ 97, fWAR 0.6 in 183 ABs
Chunky .225/.320/.330, 3 HR, 16 R, 21 RBI, 29.2% K, wRC+ 81, fWAR -0.3 in 253 AB

If White had Kemp's production through 183 ABs he would not have been DFA'ed. I will take Kemp's production from my 25th roster spot all day long. Plus he seems genuinely liked by everyone. I'm not sure you could have said that of White.
astros4545
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Gap said:

I disagree. What role has Kemp played that Straw hasn't as well? And straw is out performing Kemp in just about every way.

Kemp is on pace for 30 homers if he got 600 ABs

Straw on pace for 0 homers
Ag_07
AG
Ok maybe not as bad but it's not good.

Now compare Kemp to Straw.

I just think Straw has better production and way more value to the team.

Kemp is having trouble getting PT as it is. With Diaz and Correa back he's extremely strapped for PT.
Mathguy64
AG
Straw .274/.398/.342, 0 HR, 16 R, 4 RBI, 21.6% K, wRC+ 113, fWAR 0.7 in 88 ABs.

I think his wRC+ is being inflated a bit by his speed, which you see see indirectly through his runs scored. But thats a guess. Kemp has been arguably more productive.
. . .
W
AG
it's possible the front office is a little concerned with Straw's baserunning. He has made 3 big blunders since the Cincinnati series. And Jake can fill the pinch-runner role
Agmaniacmike12
It will be interesting to see how they handle the SS/3B positions moving forward. Have they seen enough from Straw to believe he is a long term fit or will they use him as a trade chip? Josh Rojas is killing it, is he an option at 3B soon? Will they seek to trade him or hold onto him with Correa's pending free agency? Abraham Toro is another top 10-15 organizational prospect that can play multiple positions, but he is best at 3rd, he could be ready in 2 years or so.
[url=https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/2985371/replies/54610548][/url][url=https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/2985371/replies/54610548][/url]

[url=https://texags.com/forums/52/topics/2985371/replies/54610548][/url]

DVC2010
AG
Those Apollo 11 caps are gone. I can't believe they went that fast.
Marvin
AG
DVC2010 said:

Those Apollo 11 caps are gone. I can't believe they went that fast.

I tried all week to get one with no luck.
DVC2010
AG
They didn't go on sale until this morning. I was here almost an hour ago, and they're nowhere to be found except on other peoples' heads.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Phrasing said:

Joshua Rojas - RR Express

What's the story on this guy? Looking at his stats he has an OPS over 1000 right now. Is he just blocked with all the infielders we have?
I think he is a prime candidate to be included in a deal this deadline.

I thought the general consensus is he would be the next 3B when Correa walks and Bregman slides over
mwm
It's time to crush the A's spirits. Step on their throat. This past weekend was just a tune-up.
W
AG
all right, big game tonight...here we go
dshedd41
S
Just got back from Dallas, let's go boys!
Had lunch with a fellow TexAger too
Gig’em Aggies!
W
AG
oh my, filthy stuff from Cole in the 1st
Mathguy64
AG
Cole. Just filthy.
Mr.Bond
AG
All aboard the cole train
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

newsjunkie
Colllllllle Trrrrain!
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
Deluxe
AG
mathguy86 said:

Cole. Just filthy.

He's gonna be so rich in a couple months
DVC2010
AG
Neil and Buzz may have come in peace for all mankind, but Garrit came to make grown men cry.
fullback44
AG

I'm not in Houston and only have Dish where I'm at .. anyone know if Dish has the game on a channel?
Mathguy64
AG
George scaring both poles
Mr.Bond
AG
Nope
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

W
AG
Bailey is well aware of the Crawford Boxes. Everything to rightys is away, away, and away. Won't challenge inside
Kashchei
AG
Sorry if this was addressed earlier, but why is Julia at the desk and Michelle Margaux reporting? I have my own theory, but wondering if the broadcast mentioned anything over the weekend.
Agnzona
You think she has a bun in the oven???
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Not gonna say this series is "important", but it's the MOST important series in a while
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
DVC2010 said:

They didn't go on sale until this morning. I was here almost an hour ago, and they're nowhere to be found except on other peoples' heads.

I'm going Wednesday I hope they restock...
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
What I was thinking
Bregxit
AG
Kashchei said:

Sorry if this was addressed earlier, but why is Julia at the desk and Michelle Margaux reporting? I have my own theory, but wondering if the broadcast mentioned anything over the weekend.

W
AG
Yordan again!

First Page Last Page
Page 650 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.