***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,457 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good Devo showed up tonight. Filthy.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
mathguy86 said:

Rat Face looked like a guy earning a bunch of money to do nothing and producing exactly that.

And he sure took his time walking to the dugout after yet another K
Harry Dunne
mathguy86 said:

If you had Urkeeding going 7IP, 2 H, 1R please go to window 3 to collect your winnings.
Better also page that guy that had Straw starting at SS and hitting near .300 going into August.
Ag_07
AG
So this Correa bobblehead...You get it on Monday before the game but you have to put it on the shelf and can't use it for 60 days.
Harry Dunne
Look something like this?

Silent For Too Long
W
W
AG
Astros improve to 35-14 at MMP.

32 home games left.

I think 55 is the club record for home wins
titanmaster_race
That's the golden boot for 2019, yes?
Bregxit
AG
titanmaster_race said:

That's the golden boot for 2019, yes?

Silver Boot
6-4-3
AG
Ag_07 said:

So this Correa bobblehead...You get it on Monday before the game but you have to put it on the shelf and can't use it for 60 days.

Absolutely.
bearkatag15
AG

I believe he's been in a funk at the plate. Good to see this
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Does anyone expect him to get called up this year?
Farmer1906
AG
Worse case Sept.
shano0603
AG
AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

Does anyone expect him to get called up this year?
I'd like to see him get 50 or so at bats in the majors to see what we have. The chance he plays like Yordan in the majors is worth it.
Farmer1906
AG
But if that is the bar then he's going to fall short of it. Yordan is doing something very very few have ever done.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm of the opinion that Tucker should not come up unless he can get every day playing time. And I dont see how he gets that once Diaz and Correa come back even in September with expanded rosters. The only way he would get PT would be a rash of OF injuries or if Alvarez gets injured.
Prosperdick
AG
Prosperdick said:

Gap said:

I really pulling for a good start from Urquidy tonight. We need an additional starting arm to step up and give us something positive to talk about and consider.
Blum made a good point last night and I'm worried we'll see it tonight...he said these travel days usually aren't felt until the second game, so a blow out by the rangerettes wouldn't surprise me, especially with who is on the bump.

This comment didn't age well and I'm very happy it didn't. Got the boot and now need to bring out the brooms tomorrow.
Mathguy64
AG
Oakland keeps on winning and the Twins are coming back to Earth fast.

100 game pole, 62 games left and we are 63-37. I'm saying we end at 103-59.
agsquirrel97
AG
mathguy86 said:

Good Devo showed up tonight. Filthy.

I feel like the Rangers were saying, "we make a scrub look like a Cy Young winner every time!"

Devo is a 2 pitch guy that somehow fooled a "major league" team tonight.

They are who we thought they were!!!!
AggiEE
mathguy86 said:

I'm of the opinion that Tucker should not come up unless he can get every day playing time. And I dont see how he gets that once Diaz and Correa come back even in September with expanded rosters. The only way he would get PT would be a rash of OF injuries or if Alvarez gets injured.

Is there any advantage (more years of club control) to leaving him in AAA the entire year?

I just don't see where he fits on the roster, not until Reddick is out.
W
AG
checking in with the A's-Twins series...

Minnesota (59-38) won the Thursday opener, but Oakland (57-42) has come back and won Friday and Saturday. The A's are 7-1 since the break. Twins are 3-5 in the second half.

should be a good series starting on Monday
W
AG
and going back to White's DFA...

there should be a lesson(s) learned somewhere for the front office. To have a guy get DFA'd after 253 plate appearances...with a .650 OPS and -0.8 WAR...at first base no less...something went very wrong in multiple areas. Not just the injuries to the infield.

White had just as many AB's in April & May as he did in June & July (when the injury woes hit)
AggiEE
W said:

and going back to White's DFA...

there should be a lesson(s) learned somewhere for the front office. To have a guy get DFA'd after 253 plate appearances...with a .650 OPS and -0.8 WAR...at first base no less...something went very wrong in multiple areas. Not just the injuries to the infield.

White had just as many AB's in April & May as he did in June & July (when the injury woes hit)

White should have shown up in shape, Astros can't control that

White was our DH before Yordan was called up and the injuries occurred

He had a ton of at bats and couldn't get it going. MLB pitching figured him out.

Hopefully it's not a reflection of poor hitting coaches.
W
AG
it's scary to think...if Correa & Diaz had not gotten hurt...

would Yordan and Straw have received a chance to play with the big league club?

in another words...Luhnow might have contently stayed with a White / Kemp / Diaz / Stassi / Jake bench, even though some were struggling...because they were all out of options (and the front office "believed" in them)

iBrad
AG
More than likely, yes, because Altuve and Springer also went on the IL.
W
AG
Fisher was called up for Springer.

Straw was called up for Correa.

(and Mayfield was in the mix there too)
Deluxe
AG
IMO we planned to call up Alvarez in early June regardless of any injuries. He proved too much at spring training and the first couple months at AAA. We just would have had to make a tough roster decision sooner than we wanted if there weren't injuries.

You may be right about Straw though. If we had remained perfectly healthy up to this point, he may not have gotten his shot.
tjack16
AG
People on ESPN and the Astros radio broadcast have been talking about the "surprising team Oakland Athletics"

Not really sure how it's a surprise that they are competitive. They won a wild card spot last year by winning 95 games and have been a player in the AL West for the better part of this decade
Farmer1906
AG
tjholley16 said:

People on ESPN and the Astros radio broadcast have been talking about the "surprising team Oakland Athletics"

Not really sure how it's a surprise that they are competitive. They won a wild card spot last year by winning 95 games and have been a player in the AL West for the better part of this decade

They overachieved last year and Vegas set their win total at 83.5. They lost a significant part of their team between Lowry, Lucroy, Cahill, Graveman, Familia, and a few others. I'd say it's surprising they're on pace to win 93-94.
Aggie8587
AG
Little off topic here, but regarding the thread on the Premium board about CBS/ATT U-Verse:

Do any of you guys use YouTube TV, and if so, how do you watch the Stros? Stream it from the MLB app using someone's login information from DirecTV or U-Verse? With CBS pulling their channel off ATT, I'm thinking about cutting the cord but don't want to lose the Stros games
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

tjholley16 said:

They overachieved last year and Vegas set their win total at 83.5. They lost a significant part of their team between Lowry, Lucroy, Cahill, Graveman, Familia, and a few others. I'd say it's surprising they're on pace to win 93-94.

They replaced them in the aggregate
rosco511
AG
There are several threads about this on this board and Nerdery, so if you use search function, you should be able to find them. If you live in Texas, you will need either a VPN or smart DNS service to mask your location in order to be able to watch on MLB network. I have Roku stick and use Unlocator for my smart DNS.
tjack16
AG
Springer out of the lineup today. Day off? Or injury precaution?
bearkatag15
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 643 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.