***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,101 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Brandon Lowe (TB) is the guy to catch...but won't even be close if Yordan keeps it up.
Thought he surpassed rookie status last year. He must have barely kept it thought.
Kept it by 1 AB (130 is cut off, he had 129 last year).

Interesting that Yordan isn't even on the odds board yet. I wonder when he starts picking up steam.
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Mike Leake with a perfect game through 6 innings vs LAA. Only 55 pitches
Through 7 now with 67 pitches
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Angels TV guys doing their best to jinx it lol.
TREX01
Johnny Armstrong
Feel bad for him, but it needed to happen
bearkatag15
AG
Is Leake someone Lunhow would be interested in?
Bregxit
AG
24 up 24 down.
bearkatag15
AG
bearkatag15 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Through 8 now with only 76 pitches.. amazing
irish pete ag06
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Bonfired said:

One single since the HR-gasm...woof.

Classic blowing your load early and now we have an extended refractory period before we can nut again...hopefully we can just get by with some fingers and catch an early bed time

Catching up and hey Zeus Christo this made me LOL
Mathguy64
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Is Leake someone Lunhow would be interested in?
I can't imagine it. His ERA is 4.32, but his FIP and xFIP are 4.80 and 4.51.
titanmaster_race
Turned on the the Mariners broadcast to catch this potential bit of history. Good grief these Mariners announcers are a snoozefest.
irish pete ag06
AG
I'm holding out what will probably be false hope that urkeeding is going to put together some nice starts.
Mathguy64
AG
I'm holding out for Stroman or Thor. If only one of us is disappointed in 2 weeks it will be a good 2 weeks.
bearkatag15
AG
Base hit... perfect game gone
JABQ04
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I was impressed he was only on pitch, what 78? At the start of the inning. Efficient.
Mathguy64
AG
And he promptly walks the next guy on 4 pitches.
shhopkins
AG
Will Harris tried to give away Game 2.

No trust.
PhatMack19
AG
JABQ04 said:

bearkatag15 said:

I was impressed he was only on pitch, what 78? At the start of the inning. Efficient.
Leake faced the Angels a week ago in his last start. He went 0.2 innings giving up 8 hits and 7 runs. That's the way baseball go
Post removed:
by user
gougler08
AG
So that piss missile that Yordan hit last night...I'm still amazed by how it look like he barely swung. Guy has ridiculous power and the fact that we traded Josh Fields (who helped us win the WS) for him is the steal of the century
EastCoastAgNc
AG

Think Kemp counts?
gougler08
AG
His .230 or so BA says no, but maybe Luhnow could make it work. I still don't really want Boyd though...seems like his first half of the year is the anomaly for his career and not the norm
mazag08
AG
We should be able to do better than a guy who is playing well enough for the first time in his career to be coveted.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

There was some discussion regarding this guy earlier this week.
suburban cowboy
AG
What pitcher wouldn't want to pitch for the Astros? Strom has made one of the best pitchers of all time even better. It's a first class organization with a college atmosphere. The offense is incredible.

The only downside I can think of are the Crawford Boxes.

If I'm an established starter that's made money, I'm telling my agent I want a ticket to Houston.
bearkatag15
AG
Yeah I brought him up as a potential option. Seemed like a cheap guy to bring in. Guess that was right
titanmaster_race
suburban cowboy said:

What pitcher wouldn't want to pitch for the Astros? Strom has made one of the best pitchers of all time even better. It's a first class organization with a college atmosphere. The offense is incredible.

The only downside I can think of are the Crawford Boxes.

If I'm an established starter that's made money, I'm telling my agent I want a ticket to Houston.

The Astros are definitely a desirable option, but so are several other teams too: Dodgers and Yankees to name just two
titanmaster_race
mazag08 said:

We should be able to do better than a guy who is playing well enough for the first time in his career to be coveted.

If his spin rates are above average (I know nothing about his) this is exactly the kind of acquisition the Astros front office looks for. Cheap, controllable player with the skills they can use to mold into a better pitcher.

That said, I would hope they also go after an established pitcher in addition to a young guy with significant team control left.
Farmer1906
AG
Does Jake count? He's an elite defensive fielder and he's only a little below average at the plate.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Does Jake count? He's an elite defensive fielder and he's only a little below average at the plate.
I don't think there's any way Jake gets traded. Too much defensive value late in the game to give him up, still controllable for another year or two, and seems to be coming around offensively. Plus, he's a clubhouse favorite.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

He made a good impression on them last night
CFTXAG10
AG
I actually thought he (Minor) pitched pretty well aside from the 3 jack lapse. Struck out 10 only walked 1.
sts7049
AG
random thought - i wonder if strom could work any wonders with matt harvey?
Prosperdick
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I actually thought he (Minor) pitched pretty well aside from the 3 jack lapse. Struck out 10 only walked 1.

Exactly...it was a Verlanderesqe start for sure.
Deluxe
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't think there's any way Jake gets traded. Too much defensive value late in the game to give him up, still controllable for another year or two, and seems to be coming around offensively. Plus, he's a clubhouse favorite.

Yea. And the rebuilding Tigers don't want a veteran outfielder with one year of controllability. That's not the kind of asset they're looking for in return for Boyd.
First Page Last Page
Page 639 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.