***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,090 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
SA-AG72
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iBrad said:

Struck out 17 and lost.

And gave up 5 homers.
Aggie8587
AG
Texas A&M said:

Is anybody pitching good for us lately?
Pressly Miley and Collin, that's pretty much it. Hinch only gave Pressly 2 outs and never went to McHugh which cost us the game in the end
AggiEE
iBrad said:

Struck out 17 and lost.

More proof that Ks are a worthless stat

Pitching needs to make adjustments. Inexcusable how many runs scored on 0-2 counts
tjack16
AG
SA-AG72 said:

iBrad said:

Struck out 17 and lost.

And gave up 5 homers.

Hit 4 homeruns and lost
agcat
AG
They better get another starter. Will obviously have to give up something good though.

They aren't going to be able to afford all their star salaries anyway...not in the Houston market...thinking Correa is the most expendable. He can't stay on the field anyway. Trade him and get an arm.
W
AG
even Emperor Nero is wondering what Luhnow is doing
Kashchei
AG
I know I got carried away with Hinch last night, but he has made some real poor decisions lately IMO
Aggie8587
AG
4 home runs with 2 strikes (3 on 0-2 counts) and the game winning hit on an 0-2 count
tamuwx
AG
This lose was on Cole. Can't give up a million homers on 0-2 counts. Just Trash.
suburban cowboy
AG
agcat said:

They better get another starter. Will obviously have to give up something good though.

They aren't going to be able to afford all their star salaries anyway...not in the Houston market...thinking Correa is the most expendable. He can't stay on the field anyway. Trade him and get an arm.

Flagged
AggiEE
I have a bad feeling Joe Smith is going to come back and become Rondon 2.0

He never pitched well last season
TayTrox
AG
**** this ballpark and **** the new "homerun or strikeout" style.
CFTXAG10
AG
I miss LMJ
Harry Dunne
W said:

and it looks like folks are coming around...to the realization that catcher is on Luhnow's trade deadline shopping list
Weren't you the "JT who?" guy like a month ago?
tamuwx
AG
No, out bullpen is ***** just realize that.
KC_Ag14
AG
9 of the 19 hits tonight in the game were HR. Like JV said the other day, I hate knowing that anyone in the lineup has the potential to go deep at anytime (ie. Tim Federowicz). Oh well, lets end the series with a W and springboard into the next one.
Gap
AG
That is garbage. Worst loss in a few years. The bullpen got torched - Harris, Rondon, and Osuna - gave up 5 runs in their combined 2 IP.

If we have a lead heading to the pen with 3 innings to go, give me:

7th - McHugh
8th - Osuna
9th - Pressly
tjack16
AG
Last night ... 0 homeruns

Tonight: 9 homeruns
Ag12thman
AG
Cole gave up too many homruns, too. It was a complete pitching staff FAIL tonight.
suburban cowboy
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I miss LMJ

On paper this sounds good but he has been the Correa of the pitching staff. Sky is the limit but he's made of glass.
Ag12thman
AG
Hate the rangers. Makes this loss even harder to swallow.
AggiEE
Curious who continues to call for the fastball on 0-2???

It's killed JV his last few starts too.

I realize they want to minimize pitch counts but not at the expense of dingers
Ags #1
AG
Osuna is our closer for the rest of the season unless he goes full Giles
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm not worried about dropping two to the Rangers in July with half our stars injured.

I'm worried half our stars are injured and there appears to be no sense of urgency in the front office to deal prospects for MLB talent to fix the couple of flaws this team has.
suburban cowboy
Silent For Too Long
suburban cowboy said:

agcat said:

Flagged

Lol. We are getting rid of Chirinos AND Correa now.

Burn it all down and rebuild. God some of you are insufferable when we lose.
the last of the bohemians
and The center fielder shift cost last out. On a left handed hitter
KC_Ag14
AG
4 run lead in the 7th should be game over with the backend of this bullpen, every time.
n_touch
suburban cowboy said:

there appears to be no sense of urgency in the front office to deal prospects for MLB talent to fix the couple of flaws this team has.
That is the key word. Guarantee they are talking to people behind the scenes. Something will happen within the next few weeks. Its not like all of the other teams are slinging players around right now.
Texas A&M
agcat said:

I'm only a casual fan, but knowing that LM wasn't coming back this year, why didn't we go after Dallas Keuchel harder?
tjack16
AG
Texas A&M said:

agcat said:

I'm only a casual fan, but knowing that LM wasn't coming back this year, why didn't we go after Dallas Keuchel harder?

Keuchel and his agent demanded way too much money. Morton was more attainable.
bearkatag15
AG
agproducer said:

Love George, but Jake gets that ball.

Love that Jake is appealing the 2 game suspension when he hasn't played the last 2 games. Seems like the smarter play would be to just take the suspension
Ag_07
AG
suburban cowboy said:

I'm not worried about dropping two to the Rangers in July with half our stars injured.

Exactly

Just like when they shelled Cole in his last start in Arlington and had a bad series.
Chuck Gay
AG
We look like a tired team and we are just off the all-star break. From Framber not getting out of the 1st inning last night to the all-around bullpen meltdown tonight, I'm definitely concerned about the pitching staff. We definitely have 4 better starters than Framber (once Peacock is back) but we have to find someone that can give us some innings in the 5th spot. I don't understand why Framber stayed up and Sneed was sent down.
tjack16
AG
I'm guessing Jake is suspended without pay? Maybe that's why he's appealing? So he can get that money back
First Page Last Page
Page 571 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.