***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,210 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again...WTF does it matter? Why is it a discussion?

EVERYONE USES THE SAME BALL
Bregxit
AG
Frok said:

Are hits up as well? Seems if the ball is juiced then hits should be up as well.

Why? Denser core and lower drag translate into some extra distance so warning track shots start landing in the first couple of rows. It doesn't make the ball find a hole.
mazag08
AG
I remember thinking he balls were juiced in our World Series.
Farmer1906
AG
mazag08 said:

I remember thinking he balls were juiced in our World Series.

They were.
Ag_07
AG
I hate every Dodger

Belligner, Pederson. Kershaw, even Robertson

Every time I see any of them I cringe.
Frok
AG
dlance said:

Frok said:

Are hits up as well? Seems if the ball is juiced then hits should be up as well.

Why? Denser core and lower drag translate into some extra distance so warning track shots start landing in the first couple of rows. It doesn't make the ball find a hole.

Seems it would affect all aspects if it is lighter, more bouncy and less drag. Maybe not, I don't know. My experience is that conspiracies are usually false.
Bregxit
AG
Frok said:

dlance said:

Frok said:

Seems it would affect all aspects if it is lighter, more bouncy and less drag. Maybe not, I don't know. My experience is that conspiracies are usually false.

It was proven in the 2017 balls and Manfred acknowledged the balls are different this year.
Mr.Bond
AG
Woooooooooooooowwww
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Post removed:
by user
Teddy Perkins
AG
This is awesome. Three swing playoff b/w Joc and Vlad Jr.
Harry Dunne
dlance said:

Frok said:

Hits are at an all time low. Juiced balls should have a higher exit velocity, which means more balls should find holes. Doubles are not up & Triples are at an all-time low. Why are balls not finding the gap?

They have admitted the ball is different and that does have a role...but I 'm not sure why it's so hard for the juiced ball truthers to admit that the hitters' approach probably has a bigger role, based on the facts.

Conspiracy theories are usually false. Or the thing that change is being attributed to has a minor role while the actual explanation is very simple, like this.
CFTXAG10
AG
Joc has this unless he chokes
Mr.Bond
AG
third coast.. said:

Not watching. What happened?

Greatest derby match up ever
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

CFTXAG10
AG
Whoever wins this should get the trophy
Post removed:
by user
Bregxit
AG
Second swing off
Bregxit
AG
Vlad 2/3...Joc up next
CFTXAG10
AG
Death. Taxes. Dodgers coming up short.
Bregxit
AG
Joc 1/3...Vlad advances!
zgood10
AG
EPIC
Teddy Perkins
AG
Vlad takes it. Awesome match up.

Also, what are the six marks on the back of Joc's neck?
Harry Dunne
Teddy Perkins said:

those are for plugging into the matrix.
Bregxit
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Looks like Dramamine patches lol
redline248
AG
Ag_07 said:

Again...WTF does it matter? Why is it a discussion?

EVERYONE USES THE SAME BALL

It's a discussion bc all stars are being asked and talking about it. If a pitcher expects a certain result from a pitch that he's achieved time and again, and suddenly something else starts happening, he's going to want to know why.
CoachRTM
AG
Vlad definitely had the advantage in rest.

Hat tip to Joc for keeping it going - he had to be exhausted.
redline248
AG
Harry Dunne said:

dlance said:

Frok said:

Hits are at an all time low. Juiced balls should have a higher exit velocity, which means more balls should find holes. Doubles are not up & Triples are at an all-time low. Why are balls not finding the gap?

They have admitted the ball is different and that does have a role...but I 'm not sure why it's so hard for the juiced ball truthers to admit that the hitters' approach probably has a bigger role, based on the facts.

Conspiracy theories are usually false. Or the thing that change is being attributed to has a minor role while the actual explanation is very simple, like this.

As I've said before, I think it's a complex issue. It's probably not as simple as juiced balls, but I also don't think it's as simple as batters approach, either. I don't think anyone knows the answer right now, and I don't think it's wise to dismiss any one variable.

JV isn't the only pitcher to talk about it, so I don't think it's fair to call it sour grapes on his part. Should he be seen as completely blameless? No, I don't believe that, either. However, I bet if batters were honest they'd say there have been a few homers that they thought were deep outs off the bat, or stuff that should line into the corner instead of go over the fence.

Since the same ball in AAA has seen a crazy spike in homers, it can't be as simple as batters approach.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Guys talk, word gets around, fast spiking and leveling off of "supplements" and when to take them.
They can only get tested before or after games at the park.
Harry Dunne
I'm sure the ball has something to do with it. I just don't think it's the main factor or else like I have said other categories would be moving as well.

Sour grapes was not because he talked about it but because of the way he talked about it. The ball might be causing him to give up more home runs but it's not causing him to give up the most HRs. He sure made it sound like all of the blame was external.
redline248
AG
I didn't listen to any audio of his interview, so I won't comment on that aspect.
Beat40
Vlad Jr is definitely tired. And he still may hit 22
spadilly
S
Vlad is insane. So fun to watch.
Beat40
Man, dude just hit 91 HRs. Wow.
Bregxit
AG
That second round record total is BS. Swing off shouldn't count.
suburban cowboy
AG
Alonso spoils Vlad Jr.'s party.

He was hitting pitches out that were terribly located by his BP pitcher.
suburban cowboy
AG
Do they really give out a derby champ chain now?
First Page Last Page
Page 538 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.