***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,692 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and twisting the knife...Morton fans 10 Yankees today in 6 innings. Allows just 1 run
Chuck Gay
AG
Blowing up the bullpen with your two starting opportunities isn't going to have you back on the MLB roster anytime soon.
Harry Dunne
Yep.

He would not be pitching in the majors right now if it wasn't for bad injury luck and the organization underestimating the difficulty of replacing CFM, Keuchel & McCullers.

Both based on his AAA stats and his lack of experience he should have spent the entire season @ AAA.
W
AG
Luhnow is really, really moving slow to address the issues on the roster
EastCoastAgNc
AG
I had it muted... Did Bregman get tossed?
MAROON
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

I had it muted... Did Bregman get tossed?
no
shady
AG
Can we hire Berkman as our hitting coach?

I agree with him this team takes way to many fast balls in the middle of the plate in hitters counts only to swing at the next pitch which is usually a slider off the plate.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Serious question... Do our hitting coaches do anything? Lots of guys looking not great at the plate over the past month. The only guy with a big breakthrough (gurriel) got tips from someone working for another team.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
This umpire:
bearkatag15
AG
Kemp doing it all today. Way to take that pitch to the thigh
Aggie8587
AG
George is due for a big swing here
W
AG
one big swing can get the 'stros back into it
W
AG
Springer and Altuve are not the same hitters post-injury
Aggie8587
AG
Altuve has got to scoot up towards the plate more. He simply cannot barrel anything on the outer half and pitchers have been able to consistently get him to rollover outside pitches
Kashchei
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Serious question... Do our hitting coaches do anything? Lots of guys looking not great at the plate over the past month. The only guy with a big breakthrough (gurriel) got tips from someone working for another team.

Our hitting coach is a career .275 hitter with 33 HRs and 222 RBIs...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Offense needs to be addressed at the trade deadline. People talk about how good we'll be at full strength, but we're 1 batter short of being full strength (Correa) and look at how limp our bats are. We need another bat.
W
AG
shady said:

I agree with him this team takes way to many fast balls in the middle of the plate in hitters counts only to swing at the next pitch which is usually a slider off the plate.
Lance is basically 100% right on everything he says.

but in the one-true-outcome era...the players generally won't listen or won't change.

with guys like Reddick and Brantley being the exceptions
W
AG
Sparky called out Altuve on the radio broadcast last night.

he said from a pitcher's standpoint...it's easy to pitch to a guy that is so obviously trying to pull everything. Just attack him low & away every time. And it worked again for the Angels in that AB
Aggie8587
AG
W said:

Sparky called out Altuve on the radio broadcast last night.

he said from a pitcher's standpoint...it's easy to pitch to a guy that is so obviously trying to pull everything. Just attack him low & away every time. And it worked again for the Angels in that AB
Exactly. I was talking with a former pro pitcher who said that, when executing properly, Altuve would be one of the easier outs of the Astros everyday starters.

Breaking balls away and fastballs up and in. His poor pitch selection and his inability to reach the outside corner are huge advantages for opposing pitchers
JABQ04
AG
Can't watch. But how did Lucroy hit a triple? Isn't he slow AF?
Bregxit
AG
JABQ04 said:

Can't watch. But how did Lucroy hit a triple? Isn't he slow AF?

He hit one off the top of LCF wall. Instead of staying behind Alvarez to back him up, Kemp ran all the way to the wall with Alvarez and the ball bounced about 80 feet back to center field.
maca1028
As a sports fan I usually hate the all star break, now I'm kind of looking forward to it.
ClickClack
AG
maca1028 said:

As a sports fan I usually hate the all star break, now I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Why..
Beat40
It was really well hit. Combine that with not the best route by Alvarez, and the ball hit off the left field wall getting past both fielders - Lucroy triple.
Silent For Too Long
EastCoastAgNc said:

Offense needs to be addressed at the trade deadline. People talk about how good we'll be at full strength, but we're 1 batter short of being full strength (Correa) and look at how limp our bats are. We need another bat.

Lol no, we dont, and we cant afford on if we did.

The rest of the money under the cap is reserved for pitching.

Still, its patently absurd to think this roster needs more bats. There are maybe one or two lineups in all of baseball that are even comparable.
sts7049
AG
i think Bregman needs a break to reset. i think he's played in all but 2 games
sts7049
AG
for most on this thread if we don't score 10 a game and pitch a 1 hitter we need to rebuild the roster
Deluxe
AG
Gap said:

Devenski saves Urquidy's ERA from ending at 13.50 by stranding his 2 runners. That was a failed experiment. Who is next? Nothing is at AAA. What is at AA?

Nothing. Still not sure why we wasted a spot on the 40 with Urquidy.
W
AG
Yordan can drive in runs
Just an Ag
AG
Your Don!
dshedd41
S
Attaboy Yordan!
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
W said:

shady said:

Lance is basically 100% right on everything he says.

but in the one-true-outcome era...the players generally won't listen or won't change.

with guys like Reddick and Brantley being the exceptions
That seems like a pretty broad assumption for someone who is not posting from the dugout.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Come on fatty
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Weak strikeout mode initiated
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I do appreciate alberts hustle. At least trying to earn the paycheck
First Page Last Page
Page 521 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.