***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,125 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
third coast.. said:

Harry Dunne said:

Marvin said:

You're keeding and Sneed back to back. How many runs will it take to win this game? I'll say 9.
they were just saying it takes 8 runs to win the average game here so if we can hold them to 8 with AAA pitchers I'd probably take that.

Not bad, 9-8 haha.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
mazag08
AG
Astros win.

Rangers about to lose laughably.

Yankees lose.

Twins losing.

Looking like a pretty damn fantastic day.

bearkatag15
AG
Altuve has increased his batting average to .269 passing Bregman. It was at .236 a game or 2 after his return from the DL.
R-Dog
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

But in all seriousness why no alvarez Pinch hit? White and Kemp? Wtf?

I know it was early but that was the tying run we sent up in fattie. How can you be sure you'll get a better opportunity to use him later? Should have sent Alvarez up then. A 2 run homer in the 5th counts just as much as one in the 9th. It's not like if he goes yard there, you consider it a wasted at bat

Straw and the pitcher are the two you are to even consider pinch hitting for in this lineup. Odds of a better opportunity just seem pretty low.
Mathguy64
AG
And going the other way is our favorite punching bag. He's down to .211 and is sporting an OPS of .650. That puts him at roughly #210/235 of players with at least 200 PAs.
Alex Bregman
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Altuve has increased his batting average to .269 passing Bregman. It was at .236 a game or 2 after his return from the DL.
Him and Yuli surging has been great to see. Then that Yordan guy....Let's get Carlos back, bench Tyler, and start mashing fools.
bearkatag15
AG
Quote:

Him and Yuli surging has been great to see. Then that Yordan guy....Let's get Carlos back, cut Tyler, and start mashing fools.
FIFY
bearkatag15
AG
Silent For Too Long
Rangers lose.

Back to 7.5 games up.

Order restored.
bearkatag15
AG

Oh boy this makes me miss Marwin
Prosperdick
AG
Margunning...
McInnis
AG
Does anyone know the blackout radius for mlb.com? Last year I lived about 100 miles from Denver and couldn't watch the Astros in Denver. I just moved to Cody WY which is at least 300 miles from Denver and I still got blacked out tonight. Do Astros fans that live in Dallas get blacked out by mlb.com?
mazag08
AG
Safe at Home said:

Does anyone know the blackout radius for mlb.com? Last year I lived about 100 miles from Denver and couldn't watch the Astros in Denver. I just moved to Cody WY which is at least 300 miles from Denver and I still got blacked out tonight. Do Astros fans that live in Dallas get blacked out by mlb.com?
Yes, I think the whole state is blacked out.
astros4545
AG
Random, but

The Detroit Tigers have only played 79 games thus far

More than a handful of teams are already up to 86
mazag08
AG
Watching the Angels postgame is tough. Half the team is in there talking about losing Skaggs and trying to hold it together.
W
AG
great win for the Astros (54-32) tonight.

top of the order raked. Good to see that Coors Field is still Coors Field.

Yuli has his OPS up to .756
W
AG
and Miles Straw...on-base % at .407 thru 59 plate appearances --- sample size is growing
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

and Miles Straw...on-base % at .407 thru 59 plate appearances --- sample size is growing
Dude has a spot on this playoff roster. No question.
agproducer
AG
Safe at Home said:

Pay for a Smart DNS service or watch MLB streams on Reddit.
bearkatag15
AG
Thanks Beltran for fixing Yuli. Not sure the Yankees will appreciate that though

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-insider-How-Carlos-Beltran-helped-to-14068517.php

Quote:

During the four-game series against the Yankees in New York last month, Yuli Gurriel sought Beltran's advice. Gurriel entered the Bronx with a .693 OPS and five home runs. His on-base percentage dipped below .300. In an Astros lineup desperately seeking a spark from one of its veterans, he was the furthest thing from it.

Beltran, a special adviser to Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, met with Gurriel during the series. Beltran told the 34-year-old Cuban to look at the baseball with both eyes.

"Carlos helped me a lot," Gurriel said Tuesday night through an interpreter. "He told me to look at the ball with two eyes and not with one eye. Just making that adjustment has helped me out."
mazag08
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Thanks Beltran for fixing Yuli. Not sure the Yankees will appreciate that though

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-insider-How-Carlos-Beltran-helped-to-14068517.php

Quote:

During the four-game series against the Yankees in New York last month, Yuli Gurriel sought Beltran's advice. Gurriel entered the Bronx with a .693 OPS and five home runs. His on-base percentage dipped below .300. In an Astros lineup desperately seeking a spark from one of its veterans, he was the furthest thing from it.

Beltran, a special adviser to Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, met with Gurriel during the series. Beltran told the 34-year-old Cuban to look at the baseball with both eyes.

"Carlos helped me a lot," Gurriel said Tuesday night through an interpreter. "He told me to look at the ball with two eyes and not with one eye. Just making that adjustment has helped me out."

Yuli before talking to Beltran

mazag08
AG
Also, anyone remember Jose Vizcaino?

Dude was terrible at one point and Phil Garner told him to take off his goggles and he'd see the ball better. HE starting raking after that.
Agmaniacmike12
bearkatag15 said:

W said:

Dude has a spot on this playoff roster. No question.
If he plays even close to this level moving forward, then that makes the decision even easier to let Correa walk in free agency when that time comes. Straw, Alvarez, Tucker, and possibly Beer( ETA when Gurriel's contract expires) have the potential to plug some holes at a cost effective salary for years to come.
redline248
AG
It amazes me that Beltran was not just an elite player, but he's elite at figuring things out with other players. Haven't y'all talked in the past about him being good at finding a pitchers tells or stealing signs?
AgDoc03
AG
redline248 said:

It amazes me that Beltran was not just an elite player, but he's elite at figuring things out with other players. Haven't y'all talked in the past about him being good at finding a pitchers tells or stealing signs?

He was a big reason for the ring in 2017 bc he picked up on Yu tipping his pitches and we hammered him
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
irish pete ag06
AG
W said:

I'm still blown away he can play short stop.
irish pete ag06
AG
And just as we figured... the only real threat in the AL West is Oakland.
Harry Dunne
Marvin said:

third coast.. said:

Harry Dunne said:

Marvin said:

You're keeding and Sneed back to back. How many runs will it take to win this game? I'll say 9.
they were just saying it takes 8 runs to win the average game here so if we can hold them to 8 with AAA pitchers I'd probably take that.

Not bad, 9-8 haha.
Let's see if you have the gift. Whats your prediction for tonight?
Harry Dunne
That two eyes thing is great advice for your kids if they are switch hitters and/their dominant eye is not closest to the pitcher. Opening the stance a little to be able to use both eyes helped my kid a lot.
Harry Dunne
Yuli said:

He didn't hesitate when asked if he liked hitter-friendly Coors Field in his second visit to the park. "Mucho. Good stadium to hit in and the ball goes far."

Mucho!!! Yordan gonna gusta mucho too if they let him hit.
Beat40
bearkatag15 said:

Oh boy this makes me miss Marwin
Was anyone at Game 1 of the 2017 ALCS with the Yankees?

At one point in the game, Marwing gunned a guy down at home from left field. Apparently the TV broadcast didn't show it, but Marwin definitely finger gunned after throwing the dude out.

This play though, that was a super impressive throw from the corner.

I do miss Marwin!
Ag_07
AG
We were there.

Think it was Greg Bird that he nailed and it was big because that was a pitcher's duel and that cut downed run was crucial.

I especially miss Marwin since his replacement has been nursing a hamstring since what seems like the first week of the season.
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

We were there.

Think it was Greg Bird that he nailed and it was big because that was a pitcher's duel and that cut downed run was crucial.

I especially miss Marwin since his replacement has been nursing a hamstring since what seems like the first week of the season.
Yes, I thought it was Greg Bird as well. It was huge.
dshedd41
S
http://www.mlb.com/astros/news/astros-to-sign-dominican-shortstop-prospect-dauri-lorenzo?fbclid=IwAR2PajLItJLesr_Yq89ycwlqC4k3Z3tkPhqJHn-O0PwnqiDUShyusVoHq-k
Gig’em Aggies!
Andyzipp
AG
dshedd14 said:

http://www.mlb.com/astros/news/astros-to-sign-dominican-shortstop-prospect-dauri-lorenzo?fbclid=IwAR2PajLItJLesr_Yq89ycwlqC4k3Z3tkPhqJHn-O0PwnqiDUShyusVoHq-k
Your link is broken...

https://www.mlb.com/astros/news/astros-to-sign-dominican-shortstop-prospect-dauri-lorenzo
First Page Last Page
Page 503 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.