***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,844 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tremble said:

What's going on with Whitley and Bukauskas this year?
Whitley is at the spring training facility fixing some mechanics stuff. He was about as bad as could be to start this season.

Bukauskas was trending in the right direction but had a blow up game his last outing

Ag_07
AG
Whitley was also on the IL wasn't he?

Or was that one of those "shoulder discomfort" IL stints?
bearkatag15
AG
Ag_07 said:

Whitley was also on the IL wasn't he?

Or was that one of those "shoulder discomfort" IL stints?
This is from the 25th

[url=https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/players/2250602/forrest-whitley/][/url]
Quote:

Whitley (shoulder) is expected to resume mound work within the next couple weeks, Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports.

Whitley was placed on the minor-league injured list in late May with right shoulder fatigue and has been rehabbing at the Astros' spring training facility in Florida. The 21-year-old is expected to return to minor-league games around the third week of July, assuming he avoids any setbacks.
Mr.Bond
AG
Joe Smith to the 60-day DL? I thought he was somewhat close to being back relatively speaking
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
I think it can count back to the beginning of the season so he can still come back when his rehab assignment is complete in a week or two. They would just need to make another 40 man roster move. Probably something like DFA Dean Deetz or AJ Reed. Or they could put Corbin Martin on the 60 day IL as well if his injury is serious enough.
Mathguy64
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Joe Smith to the 60-day DL? I thought he was somewhat close to being back relatively speaking
I think they are just cheating the system. He's been out long enough to qualify for it, so it frees up a spot on the 40-man. But when he comes back after the ASB it will put them in a bind. Someone on the 40-man will have to go bye bye.

edit: yeah, Bearkat is probably right. They could use Corbin on the 60 if it were a real problem with him.
bearkatag15
AG

Straw at short and Yuli at 1st.
Beat40
I actually think I would prefer this line-up except with Robbie until Correa gets back. Would rather have Straw be a pest at the plate, maybe get a hit or walk, and have speed on for the top of the order.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Deluxe
AG
Beat40 said:

I actually think I would prefer this line-up except with Robbie until Correa gets back. Would rather have Straw be a pest at the plate, maybe get a hit or walk, and have speed on for the top of the order.
I agree. Hopefully we see more of it if Straw can prove himself adequate at SS.
Ag_07
AG
Man Kemp's PT has all but vanished.

Hope we find a taker for him because he's seriously just wasting a spot on the roster right now in a time when we need spots.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag_07 said:

Man Kemp's PT has all but vanished.

Hope we find a taker for him because he's seriously just wasting a spot on the roster right now in a time when we need spots.
If we trade for pitching, he probably gets shipped off to the other team.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Ugh.
bearkatag15
AG
Well this is off to a wonder start
Ag_07
AG
Welp...
tjack16
AG
Here at the ballpark ... why of all the seats in MMP, do I have 4 pirates fans next to me.
Mathguy64
AG
This team needs a win in a bad way. My BAS is kicking in high gear right now.
tjack16
AG
We can't rely solely on Verlander and Cole in the postseason ... we've got to get another all star caliber starter
tjack16
AG
peacock ...
tremble
AG
Absolutely need a number 3 at this point. Can't rely on the mash of McHugh/Peacock/Valdez/Random to win games.
Charlie Conway
The Astros have been absolutely ****ing miserable to watch the last 2 weeks
tjack16
AG
Another bomb

Fans starting to boo Peacock
bearkatag15
AG
Lunhow needs to work a trade for a starter by the end of this game. **** this ****
tremble
AG
**** me. Bring up Whitley
Ag12thman
AG
Geez. Pirates are not this freaking good. Horrible pitching.
Teddy Perkins
AG
Sneed warming up.
dummble
AG
guys, I am not having fun watching this at work.
Ag_07
AG
Welp...
Aggie8587
AG
Ag12thman said:

Geez. Pirates are not this freaking good. Horrible pitching.
Their lineup is really good, but not this good. Peacock has sucked as a starter in 18 and 19 for the most part
Frok
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Sneed warming up.

Yay.

Mathguy64
AG
35 pitches and counting. He won't get past 4 innings even if he stops the bleeding here.

I'm going to say it now. We may very well have a 4.5 game lead by this evening. This is officially a race. I don't care how crappy we think the Rangers are. They are winning and we aren't.
Ag_07
AG
4 runs and 40+ pitches through 1 IP

Fckn awful
Ag_07
AG
All the more reason Luhnow need not wait for the deadline.

Get someone in here now.
MAROON
AG
tjholley16 said:

Another bomb

Fans starting to boo Peacock
I know its semantics, but a ball hit to the first row of the Crawford Boxes is not a bomb.
Deluxe
AG
I wouldn't go so far as to say the we're in danger of not winning the division, but the lack of organizational pitching depth is concerning. I think we need to make a move for a headline arm and 1-2 smaller deals for veteran undervalued bullpen guys that we can mold.
First Page Last Page
Page 463 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.