***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,887 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If he keeps up this trend of hitting 7 HR every 12 games over a 15 season career, he'll finish with over 1,400 HRs
StoutAg
AG
Deluxe said:

If he keeps up this trend of hitting 7 HR every 12 games over a 15 season career, he'll finish with over 1,400 HRs
He'll also break HR record per season by Barry Bonds every year of his career and break the all time HR record 8 years from now.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Kemp also appears to be another good locker room guy. We need an analytic for team chemistry
AgDoc03
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Prime0882
AG
Got to experience my first game at Yankee stadium during Saturday's loss. The stadium was way harder to get into than I expected and the concession lines were freaking slow. Nice stadium and the fans were pretty nice and talkative. Got to sit next to a 70 year old Yankees fan talking about his times going to games watching Mantle play.

Just booked tickets to see my first game in Toronto at the end of August and might be going to Baltimore also in August. Hope I don't make us lose again.
expresswrittenconsent
Hard to get into? You get off the train at a stop named "yankee stadium" walk outside and you're at the entry gate to the stadium.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
StoutAg said:

Deluxe said:

He'll also break HR record per season by Barry Bonds every year of his career and break the all time HR record 8 years from now.

I mean I think that would be ok... TexAgs May complain a bit if he hits a snag and only hits like 5/15 but it will be ok
Prime0882
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

Hard to get into? You get off the train at a stop named "yankee stadium" walk outside and you're at the entry gate to the stadium.
How about slow to get into, instead of "hard to get into." Security wasn't any different from other stadiums I've been to, but, getting through the lines was the slowest I've seen so far.
Harry Dunne

Rangers Thread said:

I would never want a HR champ that hit them to all fields and had a batting average so high. I'm glad our guys do it the right way, dead pull .200 and striking 200+ times per season.

expresswrittenconsent
Gotcha. That makes sense.
Of the 2 NYC ballparks i generally found Citi field to be a better experience in terms of concourse and concessions.
Kashchei
AG
Plan on going to see a game at Yankee Stadium in August (vs CLE). I'm looking forward to it.
Ag_07
AG
Get there as early as possible and go up to the museum. They have an awesome collection of Yankee memorabilia.

We didn't make it to Monument Park but we made it up there and thought it was really cool.
Mr.Bond
AG
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2842585-report-no-1-pick-adley-rutschman-orioles-agree-to-record-81m-contract.amp.html

This kid better be the love child of buster posey and Joe Mauer
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

gougler08
AG
Mr.Bond said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2842585-report-no-1-pick-adley-rutschman-orioles-agree-to-record-81m-contract.amp.html

That was actually under slot value
spadilly
S
n_touch
About time the kicked him out into the street
k20dub
AG

Life goals
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Life gold to get paid to go to them...
astros4545
AG
bearkatag15
AG
BTKAG97
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Misleading link title. $8.1 million.
titanmaster_race
The slot value for the first overall pick is $8.42M, so no one has ever paid full price to their first pick?
Harry Dunne
29th round pick compensation is a replica ring and an HEB gift cert.
Deluxe
AG
We used to give out rib massages too but recently stopped that practice
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
redline248
AG
astros4545 said:

I think it's pretty awesome that the Getty photos got her smiling like that after Bellenger gives her the what's up.
W
AG
the Pirates' starter tonight is a guy named Trevor Williams.

he's made 10 starts this season for Pittsburgh, but has only been the pitcher of record 3 times: 2-1 with 4.12 ERA.

the Pirates are 7-3 in his starts, so a lot happens in the late innings after his typical 6th inning exit

redline248
AG
Apparently they got to her late

dshedd41
S
http://www.mlb.com/news/top-prospect-performers-for-monday-june-24?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage
Quote:

Astros: Brandon Bielak, RHP (No. 12) -- 7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 9 K (Triple-A Round Rock)

Bielak has had his share of struggles since the Astros promoted him to Triple-A Round Rock, but he had his best outing of the season on Monday. The 2017 11th-round pick threw seven shutout innings and struck out nine to earn his first Triple-A victory.
Gig’em Aggies!
Mr.Bond
AG
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Beat40
Ready to see George's name at the top of that line-up card tonight.
W
AG
when George went out he was sitting at:

17 homers, 43 RBI, and 41 runs scored.

still has a good shot at finishing with 30, 100, and 100
bearkatag15
AG

I could get on board with any of those options...
Beat40
W said:

when George went out he was sitting at:

17 homers, 43 RBI, and 41 runs scored.

still has a good shot at finishing with 30, 100, and 100
That would be pretty incredible.

Hoping he comes back as nuclear Springer. Nuclear Springer is best Springer.
W
AG
speaking of the Mets...what an awful trade for Cano and his contract. Why do teams keep making this mistake with old ballplayers and long-term deals?

Cano is rocking a .631 OPS thru 200 at-bats...

and still owed $24 MM per season thru 2023. Unbelievable.

(note: the Mariners did send cash in the trade to offset some of the contract)
First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.