***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,839 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True, the plan could change
Harry Dunne
AggiEE said:

And as much as we hate White....small sample size I know

Tyler White June stats

.277/.435/.468/.903

Alex Bregman June stats

.246/.404/.449/.853

Michael Brantley June stats

.268/.333/.408/.741
"We" hate White because of his weight gain, his awful May and his awful performance w RISP. If he keeps hitting like he's hit in June, he will still be on the team in October. His most important stats are his salary (<$600k) and that he's under team control for another 4 years.

White is my guy, but I have MFed him as much as the rest of you lately. I think what most folks fail to be real about is lack of organizational depth. If we cut White when we are back to full-strength, we are one injury away from AJ Reed on the big league roster. Let's say you can trade a package of White and prospects for Abreu. You're STILL one injury away from AJ Reed and now have an even thinner farm system.

Regardless, I'd trade White and non-Tucker/Whitley prospects for Abreu in a heartbeat. My point is to just be real about what guys like White and JD Davis are "worth". BTW who would have ever thought we'd miss JD Davis? Would anyone like to have a 3b/LF/1b hitting .276 with 8 HR and an .806 OPS making $500K right now?

Sure, sure when everyone is healthy there is really no room for White or Davis on the 25-man...but when is everyone on this team ever healthy? White has been a slightly above replacement level player in his short career and maybe that's all he will ever be, but we can't have (afford) 25 all-stars. We will also never have an organization full of guys who are ready to come up and be above replacement level on day 1. You saw how bad SuperJack and Stubbs were, right? Fisher did OK, but didn't make anyone forget Springer. Aside from Tucker that's the best of what we have down there that's MLB-ready.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Wondering who gets sent down when springer comes back because straw is your default back up ss to Bregman until happy ending gets back
Harry Dunne
W said:

regarding outfielders moving to first base...

Lance Berkman played his first 7 seasons in the outfield (1999-2005). Then split time between 1B and OF in 2006 & 2007. And finally took over as the everyday first baseman in 2008
Yes, situations like this have happened literally hundreds of times. Obviously it has to be the right athlete with the right attitude but all of the "this is not little league and you don't do that" people need to go look at some baseball history before firing off that take like it's the gospel truth.

I assure you that if Myles Straw can start a MLB game at SS after not having played it since HS, the guys in question would do fine at 1b.
mwm
Who has the greatest weight on their shoulders today? (1) Verlander, to keep the yankees' offense in check or (2) the offense by scoring runs to take pressure off Verlander? Seems like they are all pressing right now. And pressing hard.

They need to loosen up & have some fun. Hopefully, Springer brings some "fun" back to Houston with him.

Here's to a "fun" afternoon...

Daddy-O5
AG
Alltuuuuuuuve!!!
W
AG
Altuve gets it started with a 4-bagger
Mr.Bond
AG
I literally love yordan Alvarez
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Harry Dunne
"(Yordan) got a little bit long but still a strong enough human to be able to get it past the infield" - Blum

Ain't that the truth
RC_57
AG
Who was that standing next to Altuve in the dugout?
Don't think it was a trainer
W
AG
Yordan needs to stay in the 4-hole
W
AG
Judge just missed that
Mr.Bond
AG
W said:

Judge just missed that

Should have already been in the dugout
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
Nice homer by Altuve. Just saw it on at bat app
Gig’em Aggies!
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Is there anyone with less pop off the bat than Tyler White?
It's one thing to get out, but there is literally zero power. Even in 17 with Reddick slumping he still managed to smack the ball. The Great White just isn't athletic
Beat40
Yes.
W
AG
tough sun in left field this afternoon
CFTXAG10
AG
96 cheddar top shelf. Beautiful.
W
AG
Altuve...the hit machine may be back
AgSportsFan89
AG
Good to see that from Jose!
CFTXAG10
AG
Mama there goes that man
Mr.Bond
AG
Altuuuuuuuuuuuve

Kashchei
AG
W said:

Altuve...the hit machine may be back
Daddy-O5
AG
Like that Altuve hustle.
W
AG
maybe Brantley is going to the 5-hole when Springer returns
Mr.Bond
AG
Dr. Smooth
Bregxit
AG
Jose looks like he is gliding when running again. That's good.
AgSportsFan89
AG
Time for Yordan to put one in the seats
W
AG
Voit asleep at first base
Mr.Bond
AG
Shiiiiittttt

CFTXAG10
AG
Haha jacka**
MOCO9
AG
haha how embarrassing
W
AG
table set for Reddick & White
W
AG
bases loaded for White
bigjag19
AG
5-4-3 triple coming
First Page Last Page
Page 447 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.