***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,997 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gap said:

Are there any minor league arms worth calling up n the Astros farm system?

No. We need McHugh and Smith back sooner rather than later.
bearkatag15
AG
Rehab update: Altuve has a single and a GIDP. Stassi hit a 2 run HR as well.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Agnzona
I realize AAA astros are playing at a .700 clip but I am so ready for MLB Astros again even if they can't improve that win %. I just want that 4-5 run deficit comeback ability.
redline248
AG
How's Martin, so far?
bearkatag15
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't want stassi back......
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
redline248 said:

How's Martin, so far?

Today he has 3 IP, 51 pitches thrown 30 are strikes, 2 hits, 4 Ks, 2 BBs
Furlock Bones
AG
Altuve doesn't have his swing yet. 1-2 with a walk. Scored twice. Stassi 2 run shot and a sac fly.
Furlock Bones
AG
First time at Dell diamond. This a great place to watch a game.
Furlock Bones
AG
Stassi is 2-3 with a walk and a homer. But he has been sheet behind the plate. Mishandled multiple balls.
bearkatag15
AG
Bregxit
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Stassi is 2-3 with a walk and a homer. But he has been sheet behind the plate. Mishandled multiple balls.

Could be total unfamiliarity with the staff and vice versa.
Kashchei
AG
**** you Seattle. I guess you should be used to being the Yankees' *****.
Mathguy64
AG
So Seattle didn't want prospects as much as cash? I wonder if they are having cash flow problems.
W
AG
apparently the humidor was turned off at Coors Field this weekend.

according to MLB...the Padres and Rockies set a major league record for runs scored in a 4-game series.

the scores from the weekend: 9-6, 16-12, 14-8, and 14-13 = 92 total runs

team ERA's took a beating
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Some on here were saying there was no room for Encarnacion, but we still have nothing at 1b.

Like the Yankees just showed, there is ALWAYS room for a hitter like EE, especially when he only costs a lottery ticket prospect and cash.
Deluxe
AG
Agreed. Glad to hear we were involved. Need to be looking at alternatives to Yuli/White.
Furlock Bones
AG
dlance said:

Furlock Bones said:

no i mean. he fumbled 3 balls from glove to hand trying to throw to second.
BigPuma
AG
Furlock Bones said:

dlance said:

Furlock Bones said:

no i mean. he fumbled 3 balls from glove to hand trying to throw to second.
That is why you go on a rehab assignment
Big Al 1992
AG
How Perez is still on the roster this morning is baffling.
Deluxe
AG
The problem is that our AAA pitching right now is wooooof. I don't even know who we'd call up if we sent him down. Rodgers and Guduan just aren't good. Martin isn't ready and needs to be throwing every fifth day until he is. Who knows what's up with Whitley.

We really need to get healthy. Get McHugh and Smith back. If we need supplemental arms, I have alot more confidence in the organization finding an undervalued reliever via trade or waiver wire pickup than I do in them transitioning any of our AAA pitchers to the bigs.
Big Al 1992
AG
And Miley, Verlander, Cole against Cincy seems like overkill.
R-Dog
AG
Weather may play havoc with this series.

60% rain increasing to 70% tonight...area under a flood watch now.

Tomorrow, 80% during the day, decreasing to 30% tomorrow night.

Wednesday, 60% during the day increasing to 80% in the evening.

My guess is if that all pans out though, they would try to at least get in 2 of the games at all costs. Obviously, we are not scheduled to go back to Cincinnati this season so they'd have to find a common off day and would want to avoid a doubleheader on that day at all costs since it would already be a travel nightmare.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

I saw Cionel Perez at a grocery store outside the loop yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a ****** and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, "Oh, like you're doing now?"
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Furlock Bones
AG
this is an extremely weird story.
bearkatag15
AG
Wow he sounds like a deeckhead
Hulla Baller
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Big Al 1992 said:

I saw Cionel Perez at a grocery store outside the loop yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a ****** and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
DVC2010
AG
I just assumed this was a weird joke taken from a movie I haven't seen.
Kashchei
AG
DVC2010 said:

I just assumed this was a weird joke taken from a movie I haven't seen.

Ag_07
AG
You sure it was him?

Because to be fair he looks like just about any random Mezcun you'd encounter trying to steal candy bars from a grocery store.
k20dub
AG
Sounds like he was on drugs.
mazag08
AG
Oyster DuPree said:

Big Al 1992 said:

Did you also get approached by Devante Harris for money at the Exxon on Harvey and 6?
Furlock Bones
AG
actually this sounds suspiciously like stories i've seen people post about Bun B in Houston.
astros4545
AG

Bregman has a brain injury

Damn you HEB
redline248
AG
You guys don't really believe that story, do you?
First Page Last Page
Page 407 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.