***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,378 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Forum Troll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

On replay, Kulpa appeared to be saying "I can do whatever I want" while addressing Hinch.

"That's what he said, and that's apparently what he meant," Hinch said. "He's in charge. And obviously you make a scene I guess so everybody has to pay attention. But we'll let the league sort it out.
agdaddy04
AG
How had I never heard of him before? Unless he had some kind of ****ty day, can't imagine he just turned into an ass yesterday.
Deluxe
AG
"This feels like the kind of season where we frustratingly flounder around .500 for a couple months, then rip off like 24 of 26 around the all star break and take command of the division."

-Deluxe
titanmaster_race
Gracias
Marvin
AG
If someone had said this statement... "The Astros and Mariners would be five games apart after the first week of the season..." who would have thought it would be upside down like this? Baseball is an unpredictable sport sometimes.
Prime0882
AG
Marvin said:

If someone had said this statement... "The Astros and Mariners would be five games apart after the first week of the season..." who would have thought it would be upside down like this? Baseball is an unpredictable sport sometimes.
Guess we can take solace in the fact the pitching has looked good. Our bats are not this bad for too, too long. I'm hopeful playing at home tomorrow helps get the guys on track.
Frok
AG
The Rockets were in last place two weeks into the season and now are battling for the 2 seed.

DVC2010
AG
I remember seeing something a couple of seasons ago (probably on Fangraphs) about how, even a month into the season, pre-season projections are a better predictor of full-season results than the first 30 days of actual results are. Let me see if I can find it.
Beat40
Some of you guys are really freaking out about this offense so far. Here's a quick look at how our first 6 spots line up have performed up to this point:

BA OPS
Springer - .308 .926
Altuve - .222 .646
Bregman- .208 .696
Brantley - .208 .644
Correa - .333 .908
Gurriel - .240 .641

Can you guys honestly look at that, knowing the history of Altuve, Bregman, Brantley, and Gurriel, and say this offense wont start to produce runs?

It's certainly a frustrating start to this season, but at least two of the 4 above who are batting below .250 are going to pick it up. I'm willing to bet all 4 are going to be over .250 before the 3rd week of April.
JDUB08AG
AG
Pretty sure the Dodgers were like 10 games below .500 last year through May. Can you imagine the panic here if that happened?
EastCoastAgNc
AG

CHEN Ag 2019
AG
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/04/04/mlb-has-to-discipline-umpire-ron-kulpa-incident-astros-aj-hinch/
HossAg
AG
Jtayers23 said:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/04/04/mlb-has-to-discipline-umpire-ron-kulpa-incident-astros-aj-hinch/

****ing unacceptable.
DVC2010
AG
DVC2010 said:

I remember seeing something a couple of seasons ago (probably on Fangraphs) about how, even a month into the season, pre-season projections are a better predictor of full-season results than the first 30 days of actual results are. Let me see if I can find it.

Found it!

Jeff Sullivan said:

What's the relative value of each data set? Let's set through-50 winning percentage as X1, and preseason projected winning percentage as X2. Here's the best-fit line, for coming up with rest-of-season winning percentage:

RoS Win% = 0.038 + 0.125X1 + 0.800X2

Actual performance through 50 games isn't worth nothing. But if you look at those coefficients, the preseason team projection is more than six times more important.

There's no cliff here. Carry on.
AgFan1999
AG
shoving Stassi should get him multiple games.
Bregxit
AG
Man the Kulpa thing is everywhere now. And I bet MLB still sits on its ass and does nothing.
HossAg
AG
Yep, multiple posts on r/baseball about it. I doubt they take any action, but it's definitely gotten attention.
agdaddy04
AG
For some reason I don't see this one blowing over. We'll see though.

I would've thought mlb would've changed their blackout rules by now as well.
agdaddy04
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
AgFan1999 said:

shoving Stassi should get him multiple games.
Exactly. Reverse the roles there and Stassi is toast.
Deluxe
AG
Some good analysis by Buster Olney and Keith Law about #umpgate last night. They basically say that he shouldn't be allowed to ump again if his attitude is "I can do whatever I want". They also said that it will likely be handled behind closed doors, so we'll never get the satisfaction of knowing his punishment (if any). Also interesting that they were on the Astros/Hinch's side without even bringing up the Stassi shove.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/_/name/hou/houston-astros

Podcast is on the top of the page. Starts around the 35:20 mark.
3B Paul 97
AG
Had the chance to go down to the field for batting practice at Globe Life Park yesterday. We were laughing at a sign you pass as you go down to field level that notes umpires are not allowed to go from the field to the tunnel area without security. After last night's game, I could see why they would need to call that out.

Positive note: my son and his buddies had a great time getting to talk to Correa, Springer, Altuve, Crane, Luhnow and Julia.
AgFan1999
AG
yup. they'd make Stassi sit for a week, $50,000 fine, and attend anger management classes.
Ag_07
AG
Off days are the worst so here's some Mrs. Springer rally boobs to make it all better.

https://instagr.am/p/Bvzr6jnAqnj
The Milkman
AG
We likely have the strongest set of WAGs in the league

Always been a fan of Cole's wife

https://instagr.am/p/BsuQ9CvgvNR
3B Paul 97
AG
User name checks out.
astros4545
AG
HEB commercials

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/sports/mlb/astros/watch-astros-stars-will-have-you-laughing-in-new-h-e-b-commercials/285-92ee29b9-db05-4f95-80fd-d67afe6c9bf1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
irish pete ag06
AG
My good heavens Charlise Springer.
AggiEE
Man, Mrs Springer got my dinger sprung
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
astros4545 said:

HEB commercials

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/sports/mlb/astros/watch-astros-stars-will-have-you-laughing-in-new-h-e-b-commercials/285-92ee29b9-db05-4f95-80fd-d67afe6c9bf1?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app
agdaddy04
AG
So when are the Rangers going to fall off the cliff? Typical June swoon? Or earlier?
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Farmer1906
AG
At least our offense isn't Cleveland bad.

Cleveland, .174/.255/.239, a .225 wOBA
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone going to the game today?
DVC2010
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Anyone going to the game today?

Already planning excuses with a colleague for leaving work early.
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.