***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,459 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
willie wonka said:

Why does Correa keep having to "clear the air" on this rib thing? Do people think he went sky diving or something?

Because he's been dodging the media since it happened.

He released a statement through the team and his wife did a YouTube video on her channel. He has yet to answer questions from the media.

And yes. No one really thinks a massage broke his rib.
Frok
AG
W said:

already pitching around Yordan

wangus12
AG
bearkatag15
AG
Corbin Martin has his first start since being sent down to Round Rock. 3IP, 7 H, 2 BB, 4 ER, 2 SO. Not good.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

He cheated on his wife and she swung his bat straight into his ribs.
Maybe it was a Robert Kraft type massage and this is all code. He "won't be using that masseuse again" and all that.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
https://es.pn/2KG2PVV

Apparently David Ortiz was shot in the leg in the Dominican Republic... Not Astros related, but worth posting.
expresswrittenconsent
MadBum getting told "if you dont want me to watch the ball, go fish it out of the ocean" is my favorite non Astros related baseball story today.

https://deadspin.com/madison-bumgarner-gets-roasted-to-hell-by-max-muncy-for-1835362515
W
AG
he's mega-frustrated.

but MadBum and the Giants are paying the price for being in payroll prison. SF has been bad for 3 years now due to an unwillingness to let some of their WS stars go and/or not reading the tea leaves correctly on numerous 30-something ballplayers (e.g. Longoria and Cueto). Those contracts are horrendous
titanmaster_race
expresswrittenconsent said:

MadBum getting told "if you dont want me to watch the ball, go fish it out of the ocean" is my favorite non Astros related baseball story today.

https://deadspin.com/madison-bumgarner-gets-roasted-to-hell-by-max-muncy-for-1835362515

Muncy didn't even do anything outrageous.
gougler08
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Agreed, no bat flip, a couple steps walk to look at it and then go...MadBum needs to get his panties out of a wad
irish pete ag06
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Apparently David Ortiz was shot in the leg in the Dominican Republic... Not Astros related, but worth posting.

Too early to say that Air Yordan is the 2nd coming of David Ortiz?
irish pete ag06
AG
gougler08 said:

titanmaster_race said:

Agreed, no bat flip, a couple steps walk to look at it and then go...MadBum needs to get his panties out of a wad

Exactly. Pimp your homer all you want and pitchers pimp a big strikeout all you want. The more emotion and passion the better.
Ag_07
AG
But like MadBum said...If we're gonna let the kids be kids and let em play then let him be an old fart and be mad about it.

I don't care. I like the emotion and the LA/SF rivalry getting salty again.
iBrad
AG
Ag_07 said:

willie wonka said:

Why does Correa keep having to "clear the air" on this rib thing? Do people think he went sky diving or something?

He released a statement through the team and his wife did a YouTube video on her channel. He has yet to answer questions from the media.

I tend to not believe the massage story, but at the same time, is that really the best he could come up with? It's such a stupid story that I almost believe it.
Farmer1906
AG
iBrad said:

Ag_07 said:

willie wonka said:

I tend to not believe the massage story, but at the same time, is that really the best he could come up with? It's such a stupid story that I almost believe it.

I know right. He should have said he was washing his truck.
expresswrittenconsent
Ag_07 said:

But like MadBum said...If we're gonna let the kids be kids and let em play then let him be an old fart and be mad about it.

I don't care. I like the emotion and the LA/SF rivalry getting salty again.

Well except in this situation Bum is the little bitty child throwing a hissy fit, not the old man. He didn't yell "you're wearing the next one" or some other kind of smack talk. He cried.
Ag_07
AG
I don't see it that way.

I see it as emotion. If we're ok with batters showing emotion why are we bashing MadBum for showing emotion?

He didn't like it and let Muncy know. Muncy fired back with the kill shot and it was over. All good
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Also be a man, stare down Muncy and smoke him in the back with a 4 seam fastball the next time he bats. Then let's the punches land where they may. The game regulates itself. Muncy takes his homer and a bruise you get the last word and a suspension. Don't whine at the guy
expresswrittenconsent
No body cares if anyone shows emotion. Its encouraged. He got served. The funny part was him being a ***** about it during the game and then again after the game. If he was truly what he claims to be he would have STFU after the game and told reporters it was left between the lines. But he didnt. He cried to muncy and then after the game he cried about baseball as a whole changing while he is old and washed. It's a bad look for a "tough guy".
YellAg2004
AG
MadBum picked a bad spot to "make a point". That was hardly an over-the-top, showing up the pitcher celebration. He did about the smallest bat flip you can do, walked 3 steps and then started jogging around the bases. He didn't stand and admire, he didn't walk half way to first, he didn't do anything that I would consider excessive showboating, and I'm typically against the over-the-top celebrations.
bearkatag15
AG

That's pretty strong projection numbers there.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Bregxit
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Seems to be pretty strong.
Marvin
AG
bearkatag15 said:

I will reserve judgment until someone can confirm that this isn't the same system that wrongly projected White's season...
Farmer1906
AG
dlance said:

bearkatag15 said:

Strong indeed.
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

dlance said:

bearkatag15 said:

Strong indeed.
One thing I like about those projections is how strong they are
AgDoc03
AG
I'm going to bet he doesn't get to 2 SB

Bc you can't steal bases when you're mashing them over the fence
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
n_touch
Farmer1906 said:

dlance said:

bearkatag15 said:

Strong indeed.
redline248
AG
I laugh every time.
Aggie8587
AG
Farmer1906 said:

dlance said:

bearkatag15 said:

Strong indeed.
redline248
AG
Watching MLB central and they just showed a stat for highest batting average on fastballs. (min 50 PA)

Mitch Garver .453
James McCann .444
Bryan Reynolds .400
David Fletcher .400
Joey Gallo .392

Curious what some of the Astros numbers are
Farmer1906
AG
Vs 4 Seam

Vs 4 Seam, 2 Seam, and Cut
Ag_07
AG
So no one really jumps out like the league leaders do but overall as a team that's pretty damn stout.
Deluxe
AG
AgDoc03 said:

I'm going to bet he doesn't get to 2 SB

Bc you can't steal bases when you're mashing them over the fence
But you can when teams start intentionally walking you
W
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Too early to say that Air Yordan is the 2nd coming of David Ortiz?
maybe it's the #44...but Yordan reminds me of Willie McCovey
Ag_07
AG
If there was ever day I needed Astros baseball on it's today.

Sucks having an off day after what Yordan did yesterday.
First Page Last Page
Page 365 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.