***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again...Robinson Chirinos catches 14 innings yesterday then 12 today then walks it off.

Give him the robe!!
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is he safe or was he awarded home for the catcher blocking him off without the ball?

Will take it either way but never see Yuli actually touch the plate.
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His hand was under the catcher's leg on the plate
J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He fought to touch the plate after the catcher was showing the ump the ball.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Based on the signal from the umpire, I can only figure it was called catcher's interference for blocking home plate. He was pointing about 5 feet in front of the plate when he was signaling safe.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That cathcer just Gary Sanchez-ed it!!!!

He showed the ball before applying a tag.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Again...Robinson Chirinos catches 14 innings yesterday then 12 today then walks it off.

Give him the robe!!
J.T. who?

indeed
J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Based on the signal from the umpire, I can only figure it was called catcher's interference for blocking home plate. He was pointing about 5 feet in front of the plate when he was signaling safe.


If this was the case I don't think they would've reviewed it. I think he was just signaling the catcher had dropped the ball. Yuli hadn't actually touched the base yet.
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Based on the signal from the umpire, I can only figure it was called catcher's interference for blocking home plate. He was pointing about 5 feet in front of the plate when he was signaling safe.


If this was the case I don't think they would've review it. I think he was just signaling the catcher had dropped the ball. Yuli hadn't actually touched the base yet.
It's possible. The umpires have the right to go to the headsets for a rules check, and they said the call stood. Who knows. Hinch will probably say something or we'll see something from the pool reporter who talks to the umpires.
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But until he touches the plate, there should be no signal either way. But the umpire is clearly signaling safe before Yuli ever gets close to the plate. Unless he just missed it and thought he did already get to the plate
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kudos to Cionel Perez tonight
J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ump did give the safe signal before Yuli ever touched the base. I think that was probably a mistake on his part. I still think he was just signaling that the catcher dropped the ball. JMO.
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea the ump called him safe before he touched the plate. The Orioles thread is in full meltdown mode right now.
J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could be. I'm sure we'll hear some sort of clarification sometime.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love a good melt.. link?
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
R-Dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J.D. c/o 05 said:

Ump did give the safe signal before Yuli ever touched the base. I think that was probably a mistake on his part. I still think he was just signaling that the catcher dropped the ball. JMO.


I'm just a rules junkie. But in my opinion, obstruction is a more appropriate call than safe. Fortunately it yields the same result
EastCoastAgNc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like Hinch doesn't know.



Media: "Would you have argued he blocked the plate?"
Hinch: "Yea, that was gonna be my last play either way"
J.D. c/o 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No argument here.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


I'm pretty sure Yuli touches the plate a the 46 second mark of that video
ZAC-AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Make sure to give Robinson your Allstar votes.
aggiedata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgood10 said:

His hand was under the catcher's leg on the plate

Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deluxe said:

The Orioles thread is in full meltdown mode right now.

There's an Orioles thread??
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Deluxe said:

The Orioles thread is in full meltdown mode right now.

There's an Orioles thread??

Sorry, was just kidding around
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


That's the look of a happy manager
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#23 for Yordan Alvarez... 2 run HR

Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watched the Oriole broadcast. They sounded just as excited as Blunmer when Chorinos got the hit.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Its another oppo shot

Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BTW...Gary Pettis is the real MVP



Ags #1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He also knew white was up next and there was no chance he was going to get the job done
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I watched every video you guys posted and can't tell that he touched home plate at all in any of them.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bearkatag15 said:






Ok, finally a good look. Plus the ball drop and then no tag.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the 'stros may need to switch to bright orange oven mitts
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I love MLB Network
Page 354 of 632
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.