***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,176 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agnzona said:

If his wife clocked him with a bat or he fell down the stairs while she was trying something she saw in Karma Sutra that lessons the worry.

Not sure if hillbilly English or brilliant wordplay.
Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

He was the Yankees daddy for a while. It'll be weird to see him shaved and in pinstripes. I have a feeling he won't fair to well with the fans and media there.

Should be fun to watch!
I'm not like yall. I enjoyed Dallas while he was an Astro. He's probably one of the best Astros pitchers of all time (in an Astro uni). If he signed with NYY then he's the enemy, and I want him to fail. But I'm not rooting for extra issue with media and fans. I just expect them based on the personalities.
I give him credit for Verlander and telling him he wouldn't regret it (I'm sure Justin appreciates the advice to this very day).

Of course it's advice Dallas should have taken himself and something tells me if the boo birds come out in NY (if he lands there) I bet he'll feel the sting of regret soon enough (maybe as soon as looking at his shaved beard in the sink).
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

He was the Yankees daddy for a while. It'll be weird to see him shaved and in pinstripes. I have a feeling he won't fair to well with the fans and media there.

Should be fun to watch!
I'm not like yall. I enjoyed Dallas while he was an Astro. He's probably one of the best Astros pitchers of all time (in an Astro uni). If he signed with NYY then he's the enemy, and I want him to fail. But I'm not rooting for extra issue with media and fans. I just expect them based on the personalities.
Agreed. I'd still give him an ovation when he returns to Minute Maid and I'd hope the organization would do a quick tribute for him (unless it's in the playoffs... which it would be if he joined the Yanks cuz they've already come to MMP this year). I also recognize I may be in the minority here.

Occasional bad attitude aside, he was one of the originals. Played through the dog years. Threw a gem in the 2015 wild card game. Cy Young. Convinced Verlander to come. Won g2 of 2017 ALDS. Threw a gem in g1 of 2017 ALCS. Game kind of passed him by last year but still a great Astro.
Frok
AG
So will his deal be any better than if he had just accepted the Astros offer? I heard he's willing to take a one year deal now.

I sure hope the Astros are able to add a starter before the end of the year. Martin nor Whitley are going to help this year.
bearkatag15
AG
Frok said:

So will his deal be any better than if he had just accepted the Astros offer? I heard he's willing to take a one year deal now.

I sure hope the Astros are able to add a starter before the end of the year. Martin nor Whitley are going to help this year.
It'll be a prorated deal for the rest of this year. Maybe that all he gets? If that's the case he will have given up on about $6-$7 million by not signing with Houston originally.
Farmer1906
AG
Frok said:

Wait and see, but I would guess that is extremely unlikely.
Furlock Bones
AG
https://www.bardown.com/astros-prospect-skips-at-bat-and-decides-to-head-straight-to-first-base-after-multiple-walks-1.1316236

Ag_07
AG
Reports are his offers are for a one year deal in the vicinity of $18M prorated out based on his time this year. Of course he's still pushing for a multi-year deal but that's unlikely.

After all his BS he's gonna end up signing for the essentially what the QO was but lose out on 1/3 of it when he could've accepted it and made the entire amount.

Congrats Dallas!
W
AG
the Astros will be in New York June 20th to 23rd for a 4-game set.

I assume he would be ready to go by then. Might conveniently start on the 19th to avoid the 'stros
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Should be fun to watch!
We agree on this.

I don't begrudge DK for trying to get what he thinks is his. Every player should. I do dislike the way he handled some of his business through the media while wearing a Houston jersey, but that's just my opinion. Different strokes.

I'll say this- if he rolls out that "not my fault" attitude as a NYY... look out. That will, indeed, be fun to watch.
WES2006AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

Reports are his offers are for a one year deal in the vicinity of $18M prorated out based on his time this year. Of course he's still pushing for a multi-year deal but that's unlikely.

After all his BS he's gonna end up signing for the essentially what the QO was but lose out on 1/3 of it when he could've accepted it and made the entire amount.

Congrats Dallas!

Yea, but he really showed everybody by sticking it to the Stros on that compensation pick.
agsquirrel97
AG
I wish Dallas plenty of luck when he is pitching against Texas, Boston or NY. I appreciate he was a part of building our current organization but I hope we shell him every time we see him.
Andyzipp
AG
Going to the game in Seattle tonight. Any tips on the ballpark or bars in the area?
astros4545
AG
Cowgirls for some Coyote Ugly type atmosphere

Hooverville is a decent hole in the wall place

That's where we went in april
. . .
3rd Round: Jordan Brewer, OF, Michigan
MLB Draft Tracker said:

As a high school wide receiver, Brewer drew interest from the likes of Michigan and Wisconsin, but his football hopes evaporated when he dislocated his shoulder as a senior. He slipped through the cracks in baseball recruiting and wound up spending his first two college seasons at Lincoln Trail (Ill.) CC. He has been a revelation after joining the Wolverines as a junior, exciting scouts with his combination of tools and performance. If he realizes his upside, Brewer will have at least solid tools across the board. He has well above-average speed and plus raw power, giving him 20-20 potential. He doesn't try to do too much at the plate, using his combination of a quick right-handed swing and strength to deliver hard contact to all fields. A center fielder at Lincoln Trail, Brewer has played mostly right field and first base this spring because Michigan had greater needs there. He needs to refine his instincts a bit but he has the quickness to become a quality defender in center when he returns there in pro ball. His arm grades as average to solid and plays up because he makes accurate throws.
bearkatag15
AG
Sounds like a solid pick

Some more notes on him

Teddy Perkins
AG
So we could have an outfield that looks like Beer Brewer. Sweet.
dshedd41
S
from MLB.com
Quote:

As a high school wide receiver, Brewer drew interest from the likes of Michigan and Wisconsin, but his football hopes evaporated when he dislocated his shoulder as a senior. He slipped through the cracks in baseball recruiting and wound up spending his first two college seasons at Lincoln Trail (Ill.) CC. He has been a revelation after joining the Wolverines as a junior, exciting scouts with his combination of tools and performance. If he realizes his upside, Brewer will have at least solid tools across the board. He has well above-average speed and plus raw power, giving him 20-20 potential. He doesn't try to do too much at the plate, using his combination of a quick right-handed swing and strength to deliver hard contact to all fields. A center fielder at Lincoln Trail, Brewer has played mostly right field and first base this spring because Michigan had greater needs there. He needs to refine his instincts a bit but he has the quickness to become a quality defender in center when he returns there in pro ball. His arm grades as average to solid and plays up because he makes accurate throws.
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S

Quote:

Barber looked like an up-and-coming prospect as a freshman on Pleasant Valley High School's varsity team in Northern California, but a broken leg during his sophomore year cost him nearly all of the season. He came back strongly as a junior, appeared at several summer showcase events and has continued to perform during his senior season, even though his home area was impacted by the Camp Fire last fall. Barber has the potential to have an offensive profile that fits well in an outfield corner. Using a wide stance, Barber has a quick swing that allows him to barrel up the ball consistently. There's current and even more future power to come in his left-handed swing. An above-average runner, Barber has recorded plus 60-yard times at showcases, is a good baserunner and generally gets good reads and routes in the outfield. His arm is solid and accurate, enough to handle right field capably. Barber gets high marks for his makeup, with confidence he'll make the most of his tools. He is committed to the University of Oregon, where his bat and power tools could be very attractive in three years should he head to campus.
http://www.mlb.com/video/2019-draft-colin-barber-of?t=mlb-draft
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG
dshedd41
S
What?
Gig’em Aggies!
Deluxe
AG
Looks like we drafted a couple outfielders. Must mean that we don't plan to keep Springer.
dshedd41
S

DOUBLE POST, OOPS
Gig’em Aggies!
Beat40
Teddy Perkins said:

So we could have an outfield that looks like Beer Brewer. Sweet.
Gotta get that local brewery advertising money.
bearkatag15
AG

https://www.mlb.com/video/2019-draft-hunter-brown-rhp?t=mlb-draft
Prosperdick
AG
So some recent draftees for us:

Brown
Beer
Brewer

I like it!
Kashchei
AG
Andyzipp said:

Going to the game in Seattle tonight. Any tips on the ballpark or bars in the area?

The Pike Brewing Company
MAROON
AG
Prosperdick said:

Brown
Beer
Brewer

I like it!
Barefoot
Brown
Beer
Brewer
Bobby Jimbo
AG
MAROON said:

Prosperdick said:

Brown
Beer
Brewer

I like it!
Barefoot
Brown
Beer
Brewer
Don't forget Barber!
MAROON
AG
analytics my azz, Lunhow is building another version of the Killer B's
astros4545
AG
MAROON said:

analytics my azz, Lunhow is building another version of the Killer B's

Is that 5 of 6 picks
MAROON
AG
he's now mixing it up. Last pick was a pitcher from Texas with first name of Blair. He's not fooling me.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG

First Page Last Page
Page 323 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.