***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,161 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mayfield is overmatched right now, but I feel for him. He's really not supposed to be here.
Beat40
W said:

whoa, that's the Round Rock Astros and then some (with no Brantley in the lineup).

and yes, the Mayfield experiment needs to end. Doesn't have a hit since his first one

Are they really experimenting with him when he's only been with the club like a week and a half and not even played but half those games?

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but it just seems like people are setting themselves up. What's the reaction going to be if they call Alvarez up and he goes through the same stuff as Mayfield?
MelvinUdall
Beat40 said:

W said:

whoa, that's the Round Rock Astros and then some (with no Brantley in the lineup).

and yes, the Mayfield experiment needs to end. Doesn't have a hit since his first one

Are they really experimenting with him when he's only been with the club like a week and a half and not even played but half those games?

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but it just seems like people are setting themselves up. What's the reaction going to be if they call Alvarez up and he goes through the same stuff as Mayfield?

"They didn't use him right, he needed to get everyday at bats to get in a rhythm."

Sound familiar....
Beat40
MelvinUdall said:

Beat40 said:

W said:

"They didn't use him right, he needed to get everyday at bats to get in a rhythm."

Sound familiar....

Yup! And I've even said that!

I do still stand by that if the club does think a player is going to be the next big thing then they should be willing to find more days for him to play every couple of days.

My point with Jack is I feel the organization didn't really want to have to bring him up but did because of injury.
Harry Dunne
Mayfield has hit .260 in a lot of AAA ABs. He's here because and only because we're gimp and has made some nice plays. Not sure why anyone thinks this is an experiment or was expecting peak A-Rod numbers out of him.
MelvinUdall
Honestly that wasn't even directed at you, I just remember all the comments when Tucker didn't do well. Also, I agree with you 100%.
CFTXAG10
AG
cpsencik04 said:

I was hoping they wouldn't steal another potential Aggie arm.

Sure would be fun if they took Shumake
Shewmake to Braves at 21
Beat40
MelvinUdall said:

Honestly that wasn't even directed at you, I just remember all the comments when Tucker didn't do well. Also, I agree with you 100%.

Ha, I knew your comments weren't directed at me. I was just owning up the fact that I was making those comments in regards to Tucker!

I also will echo the sentiment that I hope Corbin gets win #2 tonight!
cap-n-jack
Corbin need a good start tonight.
wangus12
AG
Of course I'm stuck watching the final inning of UCLA kicking the **** out of the sooners
Farmer1906
AG
cap-n-jack said:

Corbin need a good start tonight.

It may be his last if it isn't a good start.
Mathguy64
AG
How the hell is that toe tap not a balk? Its a form of a start/stop/restart of his motion.
BCSGrubber
AG
Is Brantely banged up? Curious why he was lifted for pinch runner last night and now not in line up today.
spadilly
S
BCSGrubber said:

Is Brantely banged up? Curious why he was lifted for pinch runner last night and now not in line up today.

AJ mentioned this was a scheduled day off for him.
newsjunkie
ABreg with a steal!!!!!!!
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
jetch17
AG
WOO!
titanmaster_race
BCSGrubber said:

Had Jake on the bench in an extra innings game and a rather slow baserunner had just reached.
redline248
AG
That was a great AB
Mathguy64
AG
That CFer. "Yeah, I think I'll just fall down to make it look better like I'm diving. Sure. They will buy that."
cap-n-jack
That was poorly played
newsjunkie
Spidey!!! Wow, they said Josh has the 3rd best record on the road!!!
bullard21k
AG
mathguy86 said:

How the hell is that toe tap not a balk? Its a form of a start/stop/restart of his motion.

Little different but on that similar topic, pitchers being able to set...reset....set again is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Even though it's subtle it just aggravates me and I think they should start calling a balk on guys who are obnoxious about it
spadilly
S
Gone!!!
Mathguy64
AG
Cheerios!!!
bearkatag15
AG
Oh Cheerios
Post removed:
by user
jetch17
AG
Bang bang!
redline248
AG
I agree this should be called a balk.

Daaaaamn, Cheerios
cap-n-jack
Ha. And they were playing on the grass.
Ag_07
AG
Hell yeah!

Maybe I don't have stay up until the end.
fullback44
AG

Cheerio's time
cap-n-jack
Cheerios!
bearkatag15
AG
newsjunkie
**And here's to you Mr Robinson
Houston holds a place for those who play
Hey hey hey**
CFTXAG10
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 317 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.