***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,896 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Listening to Cole in the post game. Does he always refer to himself in the 3rd person plural? Or is that just a "Royal We"?
agsquirrel97
AG
mathguy86 said:

I don't think it should be unnoticed that White sat the last two days in favor of Straw and Fisher.
AJ recently said whites ABs would become limited, and then the injury bug hit and AJ had to use him a few days.

We need the room now, hopefully we get some value because sending him down is letting him walk for free
W
AG
onto hapless and Bruce-less Seattle.

Corbin will have a long leash after 12 innings today. Going to see some Devo and Framber too.

gotta think the vets want to get back in the lineup vs. the Mariners --- their pitching is atrocious...5.19 team ERA with 105 HR's allowed
redline248
AG
Is that 3 sweeps of Oakland?
Mathguy64
AG
redline248 said:

Is that 3 sweeps of Oakland?
7-1. We had that weird 2 game set that we split.
Beat40
And sweet Lou is happy to see us leave town.
mazag08
AG
Keuchel can sign tomorrow and not cost the team a pick. Screw him forever for screwing us out of a compensation pick.
redline248
AG
Which team is likely to sign him? I assume it will be AL...
Mathguy64
AG
So he turned down $18MM from us as the QO right? Would you offer him half that now? Because realistically he's only going to be able to pitch half a year.
Mathguy64
AG
redline248 said:

Which team is likely to sign him? I assume it will be AL...
The crackheads in Arlington think they should sign him so they can flip him in a month. They should go for it.
bearkatag15
AG

No beard would be great to see
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07
AG
If he did that to play with the Yanks but not to come clean on his bet after our WS win he'll be at the top of my all time sports shlt list forever. That would seriously be the biggest bltch move ever.

And I think he needs to go NL. Easier with getting to face a pitcher and won't have to pitch as many innings with double switches and pinch hitters. Basically easier for him to be more effective sooner.

Oh yeah...Him with the NY media will be a train wreck I'll be tuned in to.
Mr.Bond
AG
Looks better beard less. Less ******y
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mathguy64
AG
The Yankees don't have room on the 40 man. They would have to cut someone. Or put someone on the 60 day IL and right now they don't have anyone in that position. Same with the Twins. And the same with the Braves.

On the other hand, we could do an NBA style sign and trade. Put LMJ on the 60 day IL, free up a spot on the 40 man, sign Keuchel and then flip him to someone.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

If he did that to play with the Yanks but not to come clean on his bet after our WS win he'll be at the top of my all time sports shlt list forever. That would seriously be the biggest bltch move ever.

And I think he needs to go NL. Easier with getting to face a pitcher and won't have to pitch as many innings with double switches and pinch hitters. Basically easier for him to be more effective sooner.

That was the first time I suspected he was a d0u<he. Most on here defended him, but it's just a certain type of guy that makes big proclamations like that and then finds excuses not to follow through. We all know a guy like that, who will look for any sort of technicality to welch on a bet instead of manning up. Eventually you stop making bets with that guy. The beard welching itself was harmless, but a lot of things he did and said subsequent to that were right in line with that type of person, culminating with all of this sand he has in his vadge about "fair market value".

I hope he stays in the AL. I look forward to "stealing his signs".

Ag_07
AG
Here's a interesting question...If he goes AL will he get cheered or booed if he comes back to MMP? Tribute video or nah?

I don't say it often maybe even ever but I'd boo the shlt outta him.
Mathguy64
AG
Booed. And possibly a frosty reception by the team.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Here's a interesting question...If he goes AL will he get cheered or booed if he comes back to MMP? Tribute video or nah?

I don't say it often maybe even ever but I'd boo the shlt outta him.
If he takes the high road and moves on in a classy way without taking cheap shots in the media, I wouldn't boo him out of respect to what he did here.
n_touch
mathguy86 said:

Booed. And possibly a frosty reception by the team.

This. Crowd will also be salty. It will be fun the light his *** up for 7 in the bottom of the 1st thougg
Philip J Fry
AG
mathguy86 said:

I really want to see a bird get whacked.

Ag_07
AG
That's the thing...I think waiting until after the draft is indeed taking a big cheap shot and giving Luhnow the middle finger.

Marwin and Charlie handled things like the pros they are. They didn't take it personally and moved on gracefully. Keuchel kicked and screamed and whined his ass off.
Mathguy64
AG
Harry Dunne said:

If he takes the high road and moves on in a classy way without taking cheap shots in the media, I wouldn't boo him out of respect to what he did here.
I'm not sure he's smart enough or media savvy enough to do that. He doesn't appear to handle media well and thats what makes the NYY rumors so interesting. I think that would be a really bad mix for him.
CoachRTM
AG
The average fan has no idea about any of the behind the scenes stuff. He would get a big round of applause with a smattering of "boo"s... unless something crazy happens between now and then.
expresswrittenconsent
CoachRTM said:

The average fan has no idea about any of the behind the scenes stuff. He would get a big round of applause with a smattering of "boo"s... unless something crazy happens between now and then.

Yeah, I dont think the typical fan has as long of a memory as this thread nor follows the team as closely as this thread.
titanmaster_race
Ag_07 said:

That's the thing...I think waiting until after the draft is indeed taking a big cheap shot and giving Luhnow the middle finger.

Marwin and Charlie handled things like the pros they are. They didn't take it personally and moved on gracefully. Keuchel kicked and screamed and whined his ass off.

I'm not sure I understand. Do you think Keuchel purposefully has waited until after the draft to get serious about signing with someone?
Bulldog73
AG
I honestly would not be surprised at all if he signed tomorrow. That being said, I don't think that was the idea until a week or two into the season and no one had jumped to his perceived value yet.
Mr President Elect
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I honestly would not be surprised at all if he signed tomorrow. That being said, I don't think that was the idea until a week or two into the season and no one had jumped to his perceived value yet.
Umm... I wouldn't be surprised either, but not because I think he was doing an FU to us. But because his monetary compensation from a team should be much higher seeing how they won't have to compensate us plus pay him.
W
AG
the Twins win the last 3 games at Tampa.

the AL is not going to have much in the way of division races in 2019
AggiEE
Hope he goes to the Yanks, shaves his beard, and we blow him up in the playoffs.
ChAg1799
AG
Why do you think he had the choice to make when/whether he signed with another team... if the Yanks, Cards, Braves were smart they would avoid the penalty by waiting to sign him...maybe it's the teams choice.

Either way, not signing for $18m is stupid. There is no chance he'll get more than that. Right?
n_touch
He was willing to shave it off back in Nov if the Yankees came calling. This is nothing new.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6221306-dallas-keuchel-s-latest-comments-made-it-clear-he-d-shave-beard-to-join-yankees
AggiEE
ChAg1799 said:

Why do you think he had the choice to make when/whether he signed with another team... if the Yanks, Cards, Braves were smart they would avoid the penalty by waiting to sign him...maybe it's the teams choice.

Either way, not signing for $18m is stupid. There is no chance he'll get more than that. Right?

There is 0% chance he gets 18 mil this year.

He'd be lucky to get half

Guy is an idiot. Offered a generous extension, turned it down. Offered QO, turned it down.

Also turned down multiple offers in the off-season this year.

Guy values himself way more than he's actually worth.
Kashchei
AG
Ag_07 said:

gougler08
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm not sure I understand. Do you think Keuchel purposefully has waited until after the draft to get serious about signing with someone?

No, but I do find it somewhat satisfying that we offered his best deal and he turned us down, and now he's sitting around playing xbox still
First Page Last Page
Page 314 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.