***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,015 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
YellAg2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Quote:

For one, why was it so edited and so clipped together. There were a ton of very obvious glitches where it was clipped.

That's how the kids do it these days. Their viewers have short attention spans, so no time for pauses or breathing.
And it's done in 57 different takes that then have to be edited to get the exact right wording with no perceived "imperfections".

The same reason girls take 30 shots for instagram hoping to get just one good one.
n_touch
Ag_07 said:

Here's one thing I don't get about them that's totally unrelated to this...Why the fck aren't they married yet?They've been engaged awhile and aren't really strapped for cash.
I'm just guessing, but I am sure that it is not a normal wedding and will be a huge event. Takes a while to plan out and won't happen during the year....well it can now.
MelvinUdall
This is so dumb, mainly because I don't buy it, but even more so that they had to do this video.
W
AG
if this were the 2021 season, Correa would be dealt at the deadline.

it doesn't matter how talented you are...if you're never available to play
Farmer1906
AG
W said:

What on earth are you blabbering about?
shady
AG
Off subject but I saw someone wearing one of those Ranger claw/antlers tshirts today...those are the worst.

Harry Dunne
W said:

He's actually been pretty consistently available to play 2/3 of the time. He should get a contract for 2/3 of the money that a player of his caliber who is typically healthy would get. Then we can spend the rest of that money to get a good backup/utility type like Aledmys.

You can put away your algorithms now Jeff, and you're welcome
bearkatag15
AG

Safe to say this will be White's last road trip as an Astro? Especially if he bats below .200 with a bunch of half cocked check swings at strike 3s in the zone?
PSully97
AG
Why not Fisher in LF & Mike B @ DH?

Let's use the wheels while We've got them. Fisher can have a rest when he gets sent back down.
Ags #1
AG
Fisher leading off
Harry Dunne
Bad situation for everyone involved, but zero chance they cut him.
astros4545
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Bad situation for everyone involved, but zero chance they cut him.

It's coming for sure
Harry Dunne
Not a chance he gets cut anytime soon. I'll bet anyone on here as much money as they want to put on it.
Beat40
Harry Dunne said:

Not a chance he gets cut anytime soon. I'll bet anyone on here as much money as they want to put on it.
I'm in your camp on this one. I don't think they will cut him as soon as people believe, if at all.

I just don't think they will want to bring up Tucker or Alvarez until later this year. I think management feels like they got a little burned with Tucker last year and want to make sure that doesn't happen again this year.
Mathguy64
AG
After June 2 all bets are off. If we lose all three in Oakland and White goes 2-13 with 2 singles and 6Ks (which would be about average for his last 3 weeks) he better be looking over his shoulder. His only saving grace right now is the massive amount of talent on the IL.

Maybe he will get lucky and pull a hamstring and get to go a minor league rehab
Harry Dunne
There's just no reason to do it. White is playing awful but is too valuable to outright cut & there's no urgency to make a move with a 7.5 game lead. You don't cut a guy you thought enough of to make your opening day DH after 100 bad ABs.

I hope Fiers is dumb enough to serve him up some of his 90 mph FB. With Fiers we're either going to hit 5 bombs or get no-hit.
Harry Dunne
mathguy86 said:

After June 2 all bets are off. If we lose all three in Oakland and White goes 2-13 with 2 singles and 6Ks (which would be about average for his last 3 weeks) he better be looking over his shoulder. His only saving grace right now is the massive amount of talent on the IL.

Maybe he will get lucky and pull a hamstring and get to go a minor league rehab

Everyone being being hurt doesn't have anything to do with it. If they were healthy there'd be even less of a chance of him getting cut because we'd have an even bigger lead. I do think he would have something to worry about if someone started sneaking up on us in the standings.

I'd rather him start hitting again but an injury and a rehab assignment would be better than watching him continue to struggle.
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I hope Fiers is dumb enough to serve him up some of his 90 mph FB.

He will just foul it off or flinch at it and check swing
Harry Dunne
Now that's funny.

But I'm calling a bomb tonight.

Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

That pitcher the other night did and he just watched it go right down the middle for strike 1.

Granted that one was at 92 mph so it did have some extra sauce on it. Not even a FB hunter like White could catch up to that cheese.
Harry Dunne
Man thats rough I bet Mike Trout never watched strike one down the middle.
tjack16
AG
Ag_07 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Granted that one was at 92 mph so it did have some extra sauce on it.

I figured it would be hard for him to lay off the extra sauce
bearkatag15
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Now that's funny.

I'm really hoping he does. Lunhow needs him to show some life soon so he can try to flip him for another 17 year old Cuban slugger
Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Now you're comparing Mike Trout to Tyler White
Harry Dunne
bearkatag15 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Now that's funny.

I'm really hoping he does. Lunhow needs him to show some life soon so he can try to flip him for another 17 year old Cuban slugger
I honestly wouldn't mind that. I trust Luhnow's eye for talent and I think we have better options than White on the horizon.

I just don't like giving players away.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Now you're comparing Mike Trout to Tyler White
Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm saying they are the exact same player. Especially physically.

No dumbass. I'm saying even the best ballplayer in the world watches strike 1 down the middle sometimes. Of all the examples of horrendous baseball TW has given us in the last month, you picked the one that might not even have been a bad play.
bearkatag15
AG

Joe Smith is getting close. Hopefully he comes back after the all star break and deals.

W
AG
it will be interesting to see how many injured guys made the trip to Oakland.

they should all be dying to get back in the lineup for the Seattle series
bearkatag15
AG
W said:

it will be interesting to see how many injured guys made the trip to Oakland.

they should all be dying to get back in the lineup for the Seattle series

Ag_07
AG
The best player in baseball watches strikes because he knows how to have a professional AB.

Tyler White hasn't had a professional AB since who knows when.

You made a truly awful comparison.

I hope TW turns it around because we could use a solid bat right now. But it's not crazy to have doubts that he's anywhere close to busting out.
Harry Dunne
Ag_07 said:

The best player in baseball watches strikes because he knows how to have a professional AB.

Tyler White hasn't had a professional AB since who knows when.

You made a truly awful comparison.

I hope TW turns it around because we could use a solid bat right now. But it's not crazy to have doubts that he's anywhere close to busting out.
You're right, it's not crazy at all. I don't feel like he's anywhere close to busting out.

At the same time, don't be a dumbass and act like I'm comparing him to Mike Trout. I said they both take meatballs down the middle for strike 1 sometimes. That's a fact. Every professional ballplayer goes up there knowing they are going to take strike 1 sometimes. Most of TW's ABs have not been great so far, but it's not an awful comparison, it's simply a matter of fact that it might have been premeditated and it might have been for the exact same reason Trout does it and it might have a good move to take strike 1.

He has done plenty of flinching and check swinging on strike 3 meatballs. Make fun of him for that. "Ridiculing" him for watching strike 1 is only outing yourself as not knowing a few things about baseball.
Prosperdick
AG
Harry Dunne said:

There's just no reason to do it. White is playing awful but is too valuable to outright cut & there's no urgency to make a move with a 7.5 game lead. You don't cut a guy you thought enough of to make your opening day DH after 100 bad ABs.

I hope Fiers is dumb enough to serve him up some of his 90 mph FB. With Fiers we're either going to hit 5 bombs or get no-hit.
Lately Astros have been sucking when the Ags have so I'm going to call the no no unfortunately.
W
AG
thanks.

wonder if Correa was told to stay home (intentionally or unintentionally)
Ag_07
AG
Harry Dunne said:

He has done plenty of flinching and check swinging on strike 3 meatballs. Make fun of him for that. "Ridiculing" him for watching strike 1 is only outing yourself as not knowing a few things about baseball.

Dude...He flinched at the pitch I'm referring to. He saw it, wanted to hit it, then flinched/lunged at it like it was the last ribeye on the buffet, then stopped and watched it float by right down the plate.

Not to mention in the bottom of the ninth down by one.

Again, he may not have hit it and that's not what pisses me off. I'd have liked him to swing and put up an effort. Have an AB. That's what pisses me off. The amount of non competitive ABs in big spots.
Harry Dunne
I'll take your word for it. He's been doing a lot of that and I'm not surprised. Don't disagree with anything you just wrote.

I came at you because you tried to be cute and pretend like you thought I was comparing him to Mike Trout. Obviously I'm not.

I'm really tired of defending him and watching him flounder. He better start getting his ass into some pitches.
First Page Last Page
Page 300 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.