***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,970 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did I miss Stubbs getting called up?

I'm calling him the slightly offensive Ausmus.
BurnHard Longer
mazag08 said:

Did I miss Stubbs getting called up?

I'm calling him the slightly offensive Ausmus.
Yep, stassi is hurt
Ag_07
AG
If Stubbs can get himself a couple hits today he'll pass Stassi on the offensive side of things.
dshedd41
S
SUPER JACK IS BACK!
Gig’em Aggies!
Buck Compton
AG
That lineup (and defensive infield) just boggles the mind. I know we have injuries and still need to rest guys, but our minor leaguers are playing and 3 of our remaining MLB-caliber players are sitting the bench.

Mayfield comes up and the second day in the MLB he's told good luck playing short stop. Seems like Hinch is just rolling with it and hoping they find a way to score a few runs and steal the game. Not a lot of margin for error with that lineup or with Martin's recent struggles.
MAROON
AG
W said:

that lineup is seriously the Round Rock Astros.

even more so than yesterday's
Corbin should feel right at home.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Mr President Elect
AG
Frok
AG
Why is Reddick not playing? I thought he was hitting great against lefties this year?
Aggie8587
AG
Hinch continues to refuse playing Reddick against lefties, when he's hit them very well and arguably better than righties the last 3 seasons:

2017: .315/.360/.402, .762 OPS
2018: .269/.319/.507, .827 OPS
2019 (to date): .389/.436/.611, 1.047 OPS

This coming on a night when we're facing a stud lefty and have half of a AAA lineup.
Mr President Elect
AG
Aggie8587 said:

This coming on a night when we're facing a stud lefty and have half of a AAA lineup.

I feel this is a little misleading. We have the budget half of our AAA lineup.
Marvin
AG
willjohnathan said:

Aggie8587 said:

I feel this is a little misleading. We have the budget half of our AAA lineup.

Martin has to be feeling like Dox did in Hoover...
EastCoastAgNc
AG
[url][\url]

[/url]
mazag08
AG
I think it's time to evaluate the training staff. Too many position players getting muscle related injuries at that same point in the season.
Buck Compton
AG
mazag08 said:

I think it's time to evaluate the training staff. Too many position players getting muscle related injuries at that same point in the season.
I don't think they need to be evaluated... I think they ****ing suck. I think an F would be generous to them at this point in time.

Whatever it is (might not be the training staff, but we're running out of other things to blame it on), everyone is going down with soft tissue injuries. Correa, Altuve, Springer, Diaz. 4 regular starters all out with non-contact soft tissue injuries. Then you have back-ups that are missing time as well.

In the end, we just need to keep grinding out wins in the regular season, but that lineup looks rough right now and is why we haven't hit a HR for the better part of a week.

Not sure how you beat Lester tonight. That being said, they'll likely find some way to score like 12 runs to prove us all wrong.
EastCoastAgNc
AG

TREX01
That tuve contract is starting to look scary
Mr President Elect
AG
So we all want to cut White and instead he keeps getting promoted up the lineup. Whats next??? leadoff!
EastCoastAgNc
AG

TREX01
The thing about the injuries is that Carlos and George get hurt every year. Altuve was a machine and now he has knee issues which typically will be the beginning of the end for a guy that depends on his wheels so much.
Frok
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Deluxe
AG
TREX01 said:

The thing about the injuries is that Carlos and George get hurt every year. Altuve was a machine and now he has knee issues which typically will be the beginning of the end for a guy that depends on his wheels so much.

Yep. Altuve torques his knee so much in his swing these days... seems inevitable that he will keep aggravating it. Might have to shift his approach back to being a slap singles hitter. Won't be worth $30mm/year that way but at least he might be able to stay sustainably healthy.
Ag_07
AG
Frok said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

This x 1000

Not even worth reading tweets that refer to what this team says about what they think or anticipate regarding injuries.
BurnHard Longer
With Keuchel's glove we may need to sign him as a utility infielder
sts7049
AG
TREX01 said:

That tuve contract is starting to look scary
drama much? good lord
Marvin
AG
Well this is a bit demoralizing. Just have lean on White to carry the team. (Easier than the team having to carry him, haha).
Harry Dunne
TREX01 said:

Tap the brakes on the eulogy.

Beginning of the end of leading the league in stolen bases, maybe. Andre Dawson had 8 knee surgeries and walked like Kevin McHale by the time he joined the Cubs. He stopped stealing bases and hitting triples but he still won an MVP and played in a bunch of ASG after age 30.

Altuve will be fine.
Mr.Bond
AG
Defense gonna cost us a run tonight.....
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dshedd41
S
Julia's back!
Gig’em Aggies!
Harry Dunne
willjohnathan said:

So we all want to cut White and instead he keeps getting promoted up the lineup. Whats next??? leadoff!
Not all of us.

But if the "experts" on Texags were in charge, everyone on this team except JV would have been cut or traded a long time ago.
bearkatag15
AG
dshedd14 said:

Julia's back!

She has been back since friday
newsjunkie
Quote:

Not all of us.
I love Tyler White!

But someone give me the scoop on this catcher....is he any good? I'm nervous without Mr. Robinson
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
Harry Dunne
Looks ike Biggio, hits like Federowicz.
gougler08
AG
So what were all the now deleted tweets about?
Aggie8587
Aggie8587
AG
Really need a ground ball here
First Page Last Page
Page 277 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.