***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,735 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just using the logic that Kemp was the 5th OFer and now he's at 2B. Tucker would take his spot as the 5th OFer. It'd give you OF flexibilty to let guys like Brantley and Springer DH and days off.

But Yordan does have ability to play LF. Not sure how well but he has reps there.

Either way I don't think they can go wrong unless they call Reed up.
Stros Schadenfreude
Without that one Rangers outlier where he gave up 8 in less than 5 innings, Cole has a 2.7 ERA
McInnis
AG
" and people are running around like the sky is falling."

Who is doing the that?
Marvin
AG
Really excited to watch Martin pitch tonight.
agsquirrel97
AG
Marvin said:

Edited: Not worth it, think whatever you want squirrel.

Found this on the Diaz injury this morning:

"Astros infielder Aledmys Daz is set to undergo an MRI on Saturday morning after suffering discomfort in his left hamstring. Diaz beat out an infield single in the second inning and said he felt some pain in his hamstring on his final stride before crossing the base. He left the game after the half inning was over."

Humble brag jokes are like "your mom" jokes. I don't literally think she is so poor her only possession in life is a can she is kicking down the street, nor do I literally roll over twice in a futile attempt to extract myself from the missionary position after we have sex.

It's juvenile humor between Aggie and Astros fans. Like it or not, we are one in the same. I went to the Dominican Republic 2 weeks ago which is why I stopped posting and I almost posted a humble brag about my week drinking beer in the sun, but I thought twice about it to avoid sophomoric backlash (oops, humble brag alert!!)

However, I will do my part to supply the sophomoric responses when societal norms dictate a sophomoric response! And let's be honest, societal norms dictate that quite often around these parts.

Nothing personal, hope we are good!
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Marvin
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

Marvin said:

Edited: Not worth it, think whatever you want squirrel.

Found this on the Diaz injury this morning:

"Astros infielder Aledmys Daz is set to undergo an MRI on Saturday morning after suffering discomfort in his left hamstring. Diaz beat out an infield single in the second inning and said he felt some pain in his hamstring on his final stride before crossing the base. He left the game after the half inning was over."

Humble brag jokes are like "your mom" jokes. I don't literally think she is so poor her only possession in life is a can she is kicking down the street, nor do I literally roll over twice in a futile attempt to extract myself from the missionary position after we have sex.

It's juvenile humor between Aggie and Astros fans. Like it or not, we are one in the same. I went to the Dominican Republic 2 weeks ago which is why I stopped posting and I almost posted a humble brag about my week drinking beer in the sun, but I thought twice about it to avoid sophomoric backlash (oops, humble brag alert!!)

However, I will do my part to supply the sophomoric responses when societal norms dictate a sophomoric response! And let's be honest, societal norms dictate that quite often around these parts.

Nothing personal, hope we are good!

All good.

Love it down in the DR, and they are great baseball fans... not that I was there last year or anything. No humble brag from this guy.
ClickClack
AG
Going to Fenway tonight for the first time. Go stros.
irish pete ag06
AG
Safe at Home said:

" and people are running around like the sky is falling."

Who is doing the that?

Several people a few dozen pages back.
McInnis
AG
"Several people a few dozen pages back."

Oh, I thought you meant in regards to the Diaz injury.
bearkatag15
AG

Probably a good sign for him to return rather soon
Gap
AG
This blurb was in the Houston Chronicle before yesterday's game. I wonder if it will change with Diaz's "hamstring discomfort" after his infield hit last night. Looks like we need to do some additional pre-game stretching given Altuve and Diaz's injury scenarios were both on infield hits in their 1st AB of games.

Quote:

The Astros are not anticipating Jose Altuve to be activated from the injured list on May 21 the first day on which he is allowed to return and manager A.J. Hinch said he "thinks it's a good idea" that his six-time All-Star second baseman go on a minor league rehab assignment.

"I'm not anticipating him making it back in time for the 10 days, which is not that big a deal. Once we decided to put him on the IL, we wanted to make sure that he's right," Hinch said before Friday's series-opener against the Red Sox. "He's doing great. He's feeling better. He's pain-free. Now we have to integrate baseball stuff and see where that takes him toward the early part of next week."

Though Hinch has not broached the subject with either Altuve or others within the organization, the manager acknowledged a rehab assignment is likely.
W
AG
Altuve may not be interested in a rehab assignment --- doesn't want to miss games vs. the terrible White Sox pitching staff
Mr President Elect
AG
Would he have a say? He was in a pretty big slump before the injury. Great way to get him back on track without hurting his ego.
Ags #1
AG
White and Stasi at 7 and 8
Mr President Elect
AG
When is the super two cutoff day this year? Seems like I have seen 5/21 and 6/6 thrown around. Gotta think White's days are numbered. Can't keep him on the roster and be too afraid to play him. Not to beat a dead horse or anything.
Harry Dunne
EastCoastAgNc said:

Buck Compton said:

Safe at Home said:

So what happens tonight? Yuli to second and White at first?
Yeah, not sure why you would all of a sudden put two people out of position. White shouldn't ever be in the field (or honestly at the plate if we're being honest).,,
This is where trading away JD Davis hurts us. In a situation like this, the only AAA infielder we have on the 40 man to call up is AJ "the strikeout machine" Reed should Diaz go on the IL.
Trading JD Davis is never going to hurt us. A replacement level infielder is never going to be the difference between us winning a title and not. Plus based on the typical Luhnow trade (see above), one of the 3 low minors guys we got in return is probably a future Hall of Famer.

White is struggling mightily, but he's no worse than Davis.
Big Al 1992
AG
Best record in baseball going into tonight!
Post removed:
by user
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Lead off triple
W
AG
Red Sox outfield not quite good enough
Frok
AG
Listening on the radio in the backyard and watching the TV through the window. Radio is like 20 seconds ahead
W
AG
this game is going to go past 10pm easy
W
AG
sac fly for Reddick
W
AG
great read by Brantley on the blooper.

BoSox catcher having problems
Frok
AG
That didn't long
Deluxe
AG
Marvin said:

The Astros have a chance to cripple the Boston bullpen tonight with Velazquez starting. He pitched a high of five innings in his last start. Hopefully the bats knock him out early and go to work on that Red Sox relievers.

Nice prediction
newsjunkie
Are they taking the pitcher out in the first inning?
Ag_07
AG
Not that it matters but Vasquez didn't quite five Brantley a clear path there.

Red Sox suck. With their pen this is gonna be a LONG night for them.
W
AG
big hit by White!

possible sign of the apocalypse
bigjag19
AG
135 ERA for the day. Nice.
Mr President Elect
AG
MVP
Deluxe
AG
Even Tyler is mashing these guys
newsjunkie
Big Puddin with a RBI
Daddy-O5
AG
Can't watch the game tonight. Just got a notification that White doubled.

Wtf?
Deluxe
AG
Corbin seems to bring out the best in our offense
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.