***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,091 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
BowSowy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

dlance said:

Ag_07 said:

Some of y'all really calling it after 1 run?

Have you watched this offense lately? I wouldn't be freaking out with a 3 run deficit. Especially with the questions around that BOS bullpen.

One guy...who I have never witnessed post an intelligent baseball thought on this thread.

It was a reverse jinx....and it worked

Intelligent posts? Pshh...amateur

Thank me later

This is what you sound like right now
Bregxit
AG
titanmaster_race said:

dlance said:

Anyone else sick of Jason C and his dramatically sensitive skin?

You guys aren't getting that Gillette commercial every break?
CFTXAG10
AG
I actually love the way we won it too. Rip their hearts out late.
AggiEE
BowSowy said:

AggiEE said:

dlance said:

Ag_07 said:

Some of y'all really calling it after 1 run?

Have you watched this offense lately? I wouldn't be freaking out with a 3 run deficit. Especially with the questions around that BOS bullpen.

One guy...who I have never witnessed post an intelligent baseball thought on this thread.

It was a reverse jinx....and it worked

Intelligent posts? Pshh...amateur

Thank me later

This is what you sound like right now

You're welcome for the win
Ag_07
AG
Last year the Astros traded Jorge Alcala (High A/AA pitcher) and Gilberto Celestino (Low A/short season OF) for Ryan Pressly.

Safe to say that's a W for JL.

Congrats to Pressly! He's been nothing short of impressive.
Ag_07
AG
And because I don't think we should let him off the hook....That worm burner throw from shallow right field from JD Martinez was awful.

No way Brantley should've scored on a fly ball that short.
cap-n-jack
Ags beat Hogs
Farmer1906
AG
Ag_07 said:

Last year the Astros traded Jorge Alcala (High A/AA pitcher) and Gilberto Celestino (Low A/short season OF) for Ryan Pressly.

Safe to say that's a W for JL.

Congrats to Pressly! He's been nothing short of impressive.

That is right up there with the JV trade as completely lopsided.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ag_07 said:

And because I don't think we should let him off the hook....That worm burner throw from shallow right field from JD Martinez was awful.

No way Brantley should've scored on a fly ball that short.

Brantley was aggressive the whole way that inning. Correa stopped him on the wild pitch from 2nd to 3rd and he ignored it. No way did JD really think he was going to chance it. And he forced JD to make a mistake.
Agnzona
I think JD was hiting the cutoff and then at the last second tried to redirect it home.
"Fort Worth where the West begins...and Dallas is where the East peters out!"
Marvin
AG
Caught an inning at the Toronto airport on a layover coming back from Italy. Missing seven games, during a win streak no less, has been tough.

What's up with Diaz... anything serious? Who else can play second- Kemp and Yuli?
AgDoc03
AG
Marvin said:

Caught an inning at the Toronto airport on a layover coming back from Italy. Missing seven games, during a win streak no less, has been tough.

What's up with Diaz... anything serious? Who else can play second- Kemp and Yuli?

Tyler White
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
W
AG
I think Altuve is eligible to come off the IL on Tuesday vs. the White Sox.

if Diaz goes on the IL that will give White a stay of execution so to speak...for another week
Kashchei
AG
Marvin said:

Humble brag much?

agsquirrel97
AG
Kashchei said:

Marvin said:

Humble brag much?

One of the least humble humble brags I've seen.

Italy, 7 days. Not related at all to the conversation.
In absentia lucis, Tenebrae vin****.
Marvin
AG
Edited: Not worth it, think whatever you want squirrel.

Found this on the Diaz injury this morning:

"Astros infielder Aledmys Daz is set to undergo an MRI on Saturday morning after suffering discomfort in his left hamstring. Diaz beat out an infield single in the second inning and said he felt some pain in his hamstring on his final stride before crossing the base. He left the game after the half inning was over."
BarryProfit
Marvin
AG
The Astros have a chance to cripple the Boston bullpen tonight with Velazquez starting. He pitched a high of five innings in his last start. Hopefully the bats knock him out early and go to work on that Red Sox relievers.
gougler08
AG
W said:

I think Altuve is eligible to come off the IL on Tuesday vs. the White Sox.

if Diaz goes on the IL that will give White a stay of execution so to speak...for another week

I read that Hinch doesn't think he'll be activated right at the 10 day mark. Just now getting back on the field in practice
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
So are we bringing anyone up today? /declaring Diaz for the il?
Buck Compton
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

So are we bringing anyone up today? /declaring Diaz for the il?
We almost always give it a day or two before any moves, to make sure it's actually serious. You can always back-date the move to the IL.
irish pete ag06
AG
Member when there were lots of folks on this very thread saying we aren't that good and this team ain't "got it?"

I member.
DVC2010
AG
All those people must still be blocked from last year.
McInnis
AG
So what happens tonight? Yuli to second and White at first?
AgDoc03
AG
Safe at Home said:

I hope they keep Kemp at second.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Buck Compton
AG
Safe at Home said:

Yeah, not sure why you would all of a sudden put two people out of position. White shouldn't ever be in the field (or honestly at the plate if we're being honest).,,
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Buck Compton said:

Safe at Home said:

Yeah, not sure why you would all of a sudden put two people out of position. White shouldn't ever be in the field (or honestly at the plate if we're being honest).,,
This is where trading away JD Davis hurts us. In a situation like this, the only AAA infielder we have on the 40 man to call up is AJ "the strikeout machine" Reed should Diaz go on the IL.
gougler08
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Buck Compton said:

Safe at Home said:

This is where trading away JD Davis hurts us. In a situation like this, the only AAA infielder we have on the 40 man to call up is AJ "the strikeout machine" Reed should Diaz go on the IL.

Yet we were just fine with Kemp at 2nd last night. You don't nix a trade for a what if my starting 2B and utility infielder are injured at the same time, especially when Kemp or Yuli can play the position
Buck Compton
AG
gougler08 said:

EastCoastAgNc said:

Buck Compton said:

Safe at Home said:

Yet we were just fine with Kemp at 2nd last night. You don't nix a trade for a what if my starting 2B and utility infielder are injured at the same time, especially when Kemp or Yuli can play the position
Exactly.

We're just fine, and people are running around like the sky is falling. Kemp is fine at second and made a few good plays actually. Not even mentioning that JD Davis is not some world-beater. He is hitting better, but still has other issues (as a defensive liability at 3rd) - why would he be able to all of a sudden play 2nd?

Even ignoring that you have to manage the 40-man roster and can't just keep people down in the minors as an extended bench because they take development ABs away from others that actually might factor into your future plans. We will have to protect a few assets from Rule 5, or we lose them for nothing. You need that flexibility.
Ag_07
AG
If Diaz hits the IL then I fully expect either Tucker of Alvarez to get the call.
Buck Compton
AG
Ag_07 said:

If Diaz hits the IL then I fully expect either Tucker of Alvarez to get the call.
My guess is Alvarez just to provide infield flexibility. Would likely join the team after the Boston series.
Ag_07
AG
Or Tucker to essentially take over the LF time Kemp was getting.
Buck Compton
AG
Ag_07 said:

Or Tucker to essentially take over Kemp's the LF time Kemp was getting.
But you already have four outfielders and don't need another to provide flexibility. Reddick, Springer, Marisnick, and Brantley are more than fine to rotate the spots. Who do you start Tucker over and how does that relieve your infield situation at all? You would have to start the same 4 on infield every single day.

If you bring up Alvarez at 1B/DH, you now have all the infield flexibility you need between Bregs, Yuli, Kemp, Correa, Alvarez and White and being able to give guys a day off if they really need it.
Stros Schadenfreude
Ag_07 said:

Tucker of Alvarez sounds like a Crusades era Noble
Big Al 1992
AG
Great great win last night. Cole was fantastic.
First Page Last Page
Page 223 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.