***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,613 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He now throws his curve almost 46% of the time and now guys seems to just beat his pitches straight into the ground.
Bregxit
AG
astros4545 said:

He used to run it up at 94-95 mph

Now he runs 91, that's what I see as his issue and I'm hesitant to think he's back

Harris's highest average velocity was 93.1 in 2016. He didn't regularly average 94-95 ever and he can still hit 94-95 now. His best pitch is his curve which he seems to have good command of again. Last year he hung it far too often.
AggiEE
Ag_07 said:

We have a pretty good offense and will have the division wrapped up before June.

We don't HAVE to do anything.

I'd like them to but we're not in a situation where we have to call him up.

That's the best time to get a feel for Yordan, low pressure situation

You want to call him up in September when we won't necessarily use a rotating DH?
Post removed:
by user
3B Paul 97
AG
Stros won't pull up any fielders at this point. They are playing well, so no reason to start the free agency clock for any of the young guys. I'm interested in what decision they will make when Altuve returns, especially if Martin pitches well again.
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
third coast.. said:

Its may 17th and Keuchel is still on the Rice club team

He will be signed the first week of June.
Prosperdick
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

third coast.. said:

I guess he will have really showed us by preventing us from getting that compensatory draft pick...good luck with whatever team signs you. I'm sure they'll have a terrific clubhouse and hitters on track to meet or equal the '27 Yankees to provide you tons of run support. I bet they won't even employ shifts since only that meanie AJ would do it just to spite you.
Buck Compton
AG
Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

I guess he will have really showed us by preventing us from getting that compensatory draft pick...good luck with whatever team signs you. I'm sure they'll have a terrific clubhouse and hitters on track to meet or equal the '27 Yankees to provide you tons of run support. I bet they won't even employ shifts since only that meanie AJ would do it just to spite you.
Yep. Such a whiny *****. Not sure I've ever soured on a player faster.
Prosperdick
AG
Buck Compton said:

Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

I'll give him credit for talking up the ballclub to Verlander...for that I will be eternally grateful, but yes, he devolved rather quickly.
redline248
AG
Did he really whine about using the shift?
R-Dog
AG
3B Paul 97 said:

Stros won't pull up any fielders at this point. They are playing well, so no reason to start the free agency clock for any of the young guys. I'm interested in what decision they will make when Altuve returns, especially if Martin pitches well again.
If Martin pitches well again tomorrow, I think it's Devo on the chopping block when Altuve returns. Dude's just lost it.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
R-Dog said:

3B Paul 97 said:

If Martin pitches well again tomorrow, I think it's Devo on the chopping block when Altuve returns. Dude's just lost it.

Does he have any options left? Again, like white you don't just cut guys for nothing
07ag
AG
Buck Compton said:

Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

yep, i've thought he might have an attitude problem since the way he publicly whined about the front office after the 2017 july trade deadline

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/892480240232132614?lang=en
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

Do you think he's trying "show us"? Teams aren't winning to pay him what he wants or give up a draft pick. I feel bad for an all time great Astro pitcher.
Farmer1906
AG
07ag said:

Buck Compton said:

Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

yep, i've thought he might have an attitude problem since the way he publicly whined about the front office after the 2017 july trade deadline

He was right about the deadline. We wouldn't have had enough to win it all with that team.
CSWendt
Alvarez has to get called up before the ASG. As an organization, there's no way you can keep a guy hitting .400 with an OPS of .1400 in AAA. It doesn't matter how the MLB team is performing. You've gotta reward a player who has gone over and beyond expectations. Somebody will be gone by July if Alvarez keeps it up. It's only a matter of who, and not if.

You either trade White / Kemp if a team will bite, or you DFA them (assuming either of them don't go on some insane streak). Realistically, you might see both of those guys gone by the trade deadline as Tucker and Alvarez both seem ready to be called up before September.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
CSWendt said:

Alvarez has to get called up before the ASG. As an organization, there's no way you can keep a guy hitting .400 with an OPS of .1400 in AAA. It doesn't matter how the MLB team is performing. You've gotta reward a player who has gone over and beyond expectations. Somebody will be gone by July if Alvarez keeps it up. It's only a matter of who, and not if.

You either trade White / Kemp if a team will bite, or you DFA them (assuming either of them don't go on some insane streak). Realistically, you might see both of those guys gone by the trade deadline as Tucker and Alvarez both seem ready to be called up before September.

They won't be gone unless traded
CSWendt

CSWendt said:

Do you seriously think if it's July 30th, Alvarez is batting .385 with 30 homeruns and an OPS of .1300, the Astros don't have a trade offer for White or Kemp, so they will wait until September before calling him up?

That would mean they wait until September before calling up a player with 40+ home runs in AAA. That has NEVER happened in baseball. The Astros would receive so much negative publicity for holding that guy back. IF Alvarez continues to produce, he will force his way onto the club by July.
redline248
AG
Something definitely has to give, one way or the other.
Farmer1906
AG
Can we do it for 2 guys?

Tucker's last 25 games after the terrible start (12 games).

Prosperdick
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

Do you think he's trying "show us"? Teams aren't winning to pay him what he wants or give up a draft pick. I feel bad for an all time great Astro pitcher.

I think he feels like we made the QO so we would get a draft pick and that it would cost him money since teams would factor in losing that pick in their negotiations. Now he's dug in and it feels like it's almost to spite us.

What's ironic is he didn't shave his beard like he said he would and I bet he goes to the Yanks where he'll need to shave it off.
Farmer1906
AG
Prosperdick said:

Farmer1906 said:

Prosperdick said:

third coast.. said:

I think he feels like we made the QO so we would get a draft pick and that it would cost him money since teams would factor in losing that pick in their negotiations. Now he's dug in and it feels like it's almost to spite us.

What's ironic is he didn't shave his beard like he said he would and I bet he goes to the Yanks where he'll need to shave it off.
That seems far fetched to me. He's not waiting to screw the Astros. He's being forced to wait because the other team doesn't want to give up a pick. He overvalued himself and now there is not only egg on his face, but he's lost a lot of money while still in his prime. If he could do it all over again.
redline248
AG
Based on that article posted last week, it sounds like he would do it all over again. I don't think he's out to spite the Astros, I think he has an inflated opinion of himself and is blinded by pride or ignorance about his value.

He said he's turned down a number of offers bc they were too low. Do we think he's suddenly going to see offers in his asking price just bc the draft pick is out of the equation?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
CSWendt said:

CSWendt said:

Do you seriously think if it's July 30th, Alvarez is batting .385 with 30 homeruns and an OPS of .1300, the Astros don't have a trade offer for White or Kemp, so they will wait until September before calling him up?

That would mean they wait until September before calling up a player with 40+ home runs in AAA. That has NEVER happened in baseball. The Astros would receive so much negative publicity for holding that guy back. IF Alvarez continues to produce, he will force his way onto the club by July.

Exactly what I am saying, Kemp or White will be on the team until traded. You don't just give them away. You get something, a bucket of balls and cash but you get something instead of letting them walk for free. I never said it had to be a good trade. But the fact remains they aren't going to bring up tucker or Alvarez without first trading one of these two away for whatever or someone goes on the long term IL.

:

Knocks on wood
Cooter00
Can't we find a reason to put White on the DL? Gout maybe?
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Cooter00 said:

Can't we find a reason to put White on the DL? Gout maybe?

Ag_07
AG
Here's what's dumb about Keuchel.

He says it's because he's not getting an offer high enough but the longer he waits the lower his offer is gonna be. The highest offer he'll get is the QO we offered him last year.

He's an idiot.

Unless he has some under table agreement with someone that said they'll pay him for a entire year but he has to wait until after the draft so they don't lose a draft pick. But I don't see that happening. No one is gonna pay him $17.9 for half a year.
dshedd41
S
LETS GO!
Gig’em Aggies!
Kashchei
AG
I hate these Boston asshats
Bregxit
AG
What's with the gold hats?

ETA: Armed Forces Day hats
Farmer1906
AG
I don't really care for them.
Bregxit
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I don't really care for them.

Agree. I'm over all the gimmicky holiday *****
Aggie8587
AG
Diaz get hurt? Just saw Kemp replaced him at 2nd
cablinaggie
AG
What happened to Diaz?
First Page Last Page
Page 220 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.