***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,281 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
tremble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice to see the usual characters are proceeding to meltdown spectacularly.

Offense was far too inconsistent this series. Let's not act like we would not have jumped down Hinch's throat if he didn't pull Grienke out and the Nats still racked on runs.

Astros need LMJ, Whitley, Urquidy, and Abreu to keep developing and the window is still definitely open.
ontheedge
Hinch isn't going anywhere.

Cole should have relieved Greinke if he was coming into the game but would not come in late without a lead, no point to that.

The bottom line, the runs needed reached base but never crossed home and that happened alot. That was the difference.

Through the season when the bats would grow cold, I questioned Alex Cintron as batting coach. Still do.
JABQ04
AG
pasquale said:

BCSGrubber said:

Body By Fisher said:

Raining in a Houston now, as it should be:

Those are just my tears

God's tears

I worked out side in the rain after the game was over and despite it being cold and wet my seething anger for this game kept me nice and warm.
Ags #1
AG
So how does this team get better? Any charlie morton types we can trade for or sign?
Max Power
AG
Ags #1 said:

So how does this team get better? Any charlie morton types we can trade for or sign?
Left handed pitching.
rgag12
AG
Got a flash flood warning alert on my phone just by the tears from Nuke Laloosh alone!
TASAG18
AG
#HitTheBaseballBetterThanLastYear
92Ag95
AG
DRE06 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Texas A&M said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Honestly, Cole can EAD for acting the way he did and wearing a Boras hat during a postgame World Series interview.

We had some good times Cole but good riddance. Have fun at your next stop never making a World Series appearance. Please take hinch with you.
I almost starred you post..... but then I read the last sentence. Maybe it is the alcohol talking in you.....

I stand by it. My mom could have managed this team to a World Series... we are by far the best team in baseball, maybe one of the most talented teams of all time. When it came to crunch time hinch ****ed up, and we lost because of it.

You are a ****ing idiot.

Hinch led this team through Boston, NY, & LaD in 2017.

Got us to game 7 in 2019.

At some point players have to show up and play.
You mean like Greinke was doing when Hinch pulled him?
AgsMyDude
AG
If we didn't have 17 on the wall, I think we'd all be devastated. Thank goodness for that at least.
Wabs
AG
#CorreaPleaseStopWatchingStrikesDownTheMiddleFollowedBySwingingAtHorriblePitchesInTheDirt
JYDog90
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

the last of the bohemians said:

With Cole gone we have to improve offensively to stay elite. Brantley can be traded for a speedier version who only hits 15 hrs, Tucker gets his shot, and crap I dunno, most catchers can't hit. Guess we stuck with too many cleanup hitters and hoping Yordan becomes Ted Williams
We've got a bunch of great gap hitters that for some reason get in funks where they are HR or bust. Refuse to drive to gaps, hit it to the opposite field when being pitched away, etc. I think that was the most frustrating part of this whole series. We know this lineup is far more capable than what was displayed in the postseason.

I think one of the reasons we won 3 in DC is that we were content to go the other way, pleased with hits and not trying to do too much. I've yet to see Bregman swing at a pitch on the outer 3rd because he can't yank it. Same goes for Reddick, all that oppo stuff we saw in April/May is long gone.

The Nats were willing to play for singles, doubles meanwhile Altuve and Springer and Correa are swinging out of their shoes.
JYDog90
AG
This.

#TimelyHitting
Mr.Bond
AG
I literally had ****ing nightmares all night about losing this game. Completely dead inside. I'm avoiding all sports radio and TV shows for the next 2 weeks. I can't even describe how much hurts......and I still hate AJ Hinch
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Cromagnum
AG
n_touch said:

Can we vote on next years tagline?

1. #try again

2. #one more win

How about #bats before hats?
JDUB08AG
AG
This team just didn't have that magic and I think we all felt something was just different. I also think this was just the Nats year. Good on them for winning.

I'm disappointed in Hinch - he did what most managers would do there and they are all stupid for it.

I'm disappointed in our bats - we struggled like this all playoffs and in hindsight, it's a miracle we made it this far with our unclutch hitting.

I'm disappointed in Cole - the Boras hat really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'm disappointed in our bullpen - they were so good all postseason and buckled at the worst possible time.

I'm still enjoying this run and we have a couple more years in our window. Maybe we won't get to the WS again. But I'd rather lose game 7 than not get to dance at all.
Cromagnum
AG
So who is all in on short list for trades?

Reddick is top of my list, followed closely by Tucker and Correa.
titanmaster_race
Our bats lost the series.

AJ Hinch lost Game 7
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

agproducer said:

I'm disappointed. I'm sad, but strangely, I'm not crushed.

I said when the playoffs started that I was going to enjoy the ride, and I did. Tonight was not the outcome we all wanted. This season, even with the 107 wins and World Series, will be remembered as one of the best Astros teams ever. But, they didn't get the job done.

Sometimes baseball happens. The best team doesn't always win. How many times did the Nationals get key hits with 2 outs?

Astros left too many runners on base and squandered so many opportunities. Hinch over complicated and over managed tonight. The Astros failed in Game 7 as a team. Greinke pitched his ass off. That HR Kendrick hit was off a decent pitch by Harris. Tip your cap.

It's disappointing to come back to MMP needing 1 win for the title and losing 2 games. They also had the lead going into the 7th. I won't lie: this hurts. The Nats performed when it mattered most. The Astros did not.

But, imagine if this would have happened in 2017? I would have been devastated. This year, I'm not.

It's been a great year overall that ended in failure. Only one team can go into the of season winning the final game. This year, it wasn't us. I couldn't put my finger on it, but this team seemed to lack the magic.

I still love this team. They are my team. They are this thread's team. We have a WS title, went to the ALCS, then won the AL pennant over a three year span. I will take that anytime. I think the 17 title makes this more bearable.

I don't know any one of you on here personally, but I've enjoyed your takes all season long. It's going to suck to wake up tomorrow to no baseball. I'm ready for Spring Training already.

Go Astros!

I like everything you said except the first sentence. Not being crushed right now is insane.

This is the best astros team we will ever see, and they just lost a World Series..
I use to let this stuff affect my livelihood. It isn't healthy to be "crushed" by what happens in a game that means little in the grand scheme of life. I'll get ecstatic when the team wins, but I'm not 22 anymore, there are far too many good things in this world to dwell on this.

As was mentioned before, I think the 2017 World Series+ the fact that I like the Nationals for the most part took away some of the sting of this one.

Look I get it... I'm happy for you and all that. There's one of these posts after every ridiculous A&M loss too. Something along the lines of "go hug your kids and realize what's important". Yeah, agree... that's far more important than any sporting event.

That said, I didn't watch a 162 game regular season to not be crushed by a loss like last night. Not being crushed would mean that I didn't care anymore, and I'm that case why even watch the game? Totally reasonable to be crushed by a game 7 world series loss.
Be of good cheer, Gig'Em
jja79
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Now that the World Series is over and we lost, thanks to our shltty management and timely hitting, I can discuss this:

I know people That know people close to ownership and we aren't even gonna go after Cole. He's gone. It's a done deal that he will not be an Astro.

Just to add to the depression of the night... it's a done deal.

Verified by multiple sources.

No sources needed. When they traded for Greinke and his contract it was obvious he is the replacement.
ccaggie05
AG
Ags #1 said:

Strasburg may opt-out. I wouldn't mind signing him other than some slight concern over his injury history.
Nino Brown
Honestly wouldn't give Cole a million dollars a year after the hat move. That's something you'd see in some B rate 90's baseball movie.
aTm2004
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Our bats lost the series.

AJ Hinch lost Game 7

We barely got out of the ALDS & ALCS because of our bats.
TASAG18
AG
#BatsBeatNats
Mathguy64
AG
Waking up this morning sucks. After sleeping on it and letting the anger of the moment recede you can look back at the key moments and shake your head.

Leaving aside the bats that basically struggled with RISP after game 2 of the ALDS you just have to shake your head at Hinch. He managed at the end differently than he did all season. We got out managed and I didn't think I would ever say that. We got out hit and that happens. Getting out managed hurts.
Ag_07
AG
Nino Brown said:

Honestly wouldn't give Cole a million dollars a year after the hat move. That's something you'd see in some B rate 90's baseball movie.

Yeah I was little disappointed in that. I could understand the whole unemployed remark after losing, but the hat was a premeditated move.

Just rubbed me the wrong me way.
JDUB08AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

Nino Brown said:

Yeah I was little disappointed in that. I could understand the whole unemployed remark after losing, but the hat was a premeditated move.

Just rubbed me the wrong me way.

What also bothers me is you know he was busting that hat out if we won too. He is very focused on himself. I'm not saying that's a bad thing nor am I saying he is some selfish *****. But he isn't exactly the embodiment of a team leader. Good on him for getting that monster contract that is coming.
Mr.Bond
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Agmaniacmike12 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

agproducer said:

I'm disappointed. I'm sad, but strangely, I'm not crushed.

I said when the playoffs started that I was going to enjoy the ride, and I did. Tonight was not the outcome we all wanted. This season, even with the 107 wins and World Series, will be remembered as one of the best Astros teams ever. But, they didn't get the job done.

Sometimes baseball happens. The best team doesn't always win. How many times did the Nationals get key hits with 2 outs?

Astros left too many runners on base and squandered so many opportunities. Hinch over complicated and over managed tonight. The Astros failed in Game 7 as a team. Greinke pitched his ass off. That HR Kendrick hit was off a decent pitch by Harris. Tip your cap.

It's disappointing to come back to MMP needing 1 win for the title and losing 2 games. They also had the lead going into the 7th. I won't lie: this hurts. The Nats performed when it mattered most. The Astros did not.

But, imagine if this would have happened in 2017? I would have been devastated. This year, I'm not.

It's been a great year overall that ended in failure. Only one team can go into the of season winning the final game. This year, it wasn't us. I couldn't put my finger on it, but this team seemed to lack the magic.

I still love this team. They are my team. They are this thread's team. We have a WS title, went to the ALCS, then won the AL pennant over a three year span. I will take that anytime. I think the 17 title makes this more bearable.

I don't know any one of you on here personally, but I've enjoyed your takes all season long. It's going to suck to wake up tomorrow to no baseball. I'm ready for Spring Training already.

Go Astros!

I like everything you said except the first sentence. Not being crushed right now is insane.

This is the best astros team we will ever see, and they just lost a World Series..
I use to let this stuff affect my livelihood. It isn't healthy to be "crushed" by what happens in a game that means little in the grand scheme of life. I'll get ecstatic when the team wins, but I'm not 22 anymore, there are far too many good things in this world to dwell on this.

As was mentioned before, I think the 2017 World Series+ the fact that I like the Nationals for the most part took away some of the sting of this one.

Look I get it... I'm happy for you and all that. There's one of these posts after every ridiculous A&M loss too. Something along the lines of "go hug your kids and realize what's important". Yeah, agree... that's far more important than any sporting event.

That said, I didn't watch a 162 game regular season to not be crushed by a loss like last night. Not being crushed would mean that I didn't care anymore, and I'm that case why even watch the game? Totally reasonable to be crushed by a game 7 world series loss.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Boiling Denim
Outdecisioned last night

I won't even call it managing because Hinch is just making choices and his stunk

How are you going to fight 162 games for home field if you can't hit at home without juiced balls?

Our last two losing series we've gotten embarrassed at home now. Time for some change: coaching, players or otherwise
dshedd41
S
This World Series is going to sting for awhile I'm afraid, hopefully it will serve as motivation for next year. Terrible management by AJ. You might as well kiss Cole goodbye.

Until next year guys!
Gig’em Aggies!
wangus12
AG
DRE06 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Texas A&M said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

Honestly, Cole can EAD for acting the way he did and wearing a Boras hat during a postgame World Series interview.

We had some good times Cole but good riddance. Have fun at your next stop never making a World Series appearance. Please take hinch with you.
I almost starred you post..... but then I read the last sentence. Maybe it is the alcohol talking in you.....

I stand by it. My mom could have managed this team to a World Series... we are by far the best team in baseball, maybe one of the most talented teams of all time. When it came to crunch time hinch ****ed up, and we lost because of it.

You are a ****ing idiot.

Hinch led this team through Boston, NY, & LaD in 2017.

Got us to game 7 in 2019.

At some point players have to show up and play.
Have to agree here. Hinch ****ed up big time last night pulling Grienke, but our bats have sucked for the entire damn month of October. Sure we looked incredibly all year playing in a god awful AL West, but the moment Tampa walked into MMP, we have struggled to hit decent pitching, especially in clutch situations.
Hendrix
AG
He screwed up pulling Greinke but why go to Harris and osuna. Run Cole out there. It's a shame he never saw the mound last night.
Harry Dunne

safety guy
AG
Comes down to clutch hitting and we failed last year and this year in the playoffs.
Ag_07
AG
Because Cole on 2 days rest out of the pen is a BIG unknown. And it's not like the pen was full of scrubs who had struggled.

We had gone out of our way ALL season and postseason to keep Cole on schedule for a reason.

If Harris doesn't give up the lead I think we'd have seen Cole. That Kendrick HR completely flipped the script.
Frok
AG
Cole is dead to me now
First Page Last Page
Page 2120 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.