***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,933 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Ciboag96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Greinke has the mentality for this game. More than any other pitcher we have.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
WE ARE CALLED CLUTCH CITY FOR A REASON PEOPLE
8T2
annie88 said:

Decided to sit out this thread for the game tonight, I never thought I'd see a bigger group of angry band waggoner idiots than the zoo, but the ones here take the cake and make the thread pretty sh**y to read through .Hope to come back on and celebrate the win after.

This.
This is the Zoo, Basketball, Baseball, NBA, NFL, and MLB. I have learned to just log off when things get tense, because certain posters take out their frustrations on the forum. I literally no longer even click on the Zoo. It is like that for days.
aTm2004
AG
Ciboag96 said:

Greinke has the mentality for this game. More than any other pitcher we have.

Emotionless robot?
JDUB08AG
AG
I remember feeling completely discouraged after JV couldn't close out game 6 in 2017...didn't think it would happen to us at that point. Well, we all know how that story ended. I have a similar feeling this year and it is set up the same way, so we'll know how this ends in about 11 hours.
AgsMnn
AG
We said the same for Vern.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Lots of singles opening up in random sections on Astros ticket site.....trying to talk the boss lady into letting me go.
AgsMnn
AG
8T2 said:

AgsMnn said:

Not feeling great about this game.
Our bats can't stay warm even. They hit great and take advantage of RISP.

Well, one time in the last 4 games at least.

Well, 3 times in the last 6.
astros4545
AG
AgsMnn said:

We said the same for Vern.

Uncle Vern Lundquist is an extreme ground ball pitcher

He would play well in this spot
tailgatetimer10
AG
My gracious, would you look at that?!
W
AG
have there been any late lead changes in the series?

seems like whichever team is ahead after 5 innings...wins the game. Very little late inning drama
W
AG
I think the Astros are going to need something big from Yordan or Correa to win tonight
Deluxe
AG
W said:

seems like whichever team is ahead after 5 innings...wins the game. Very little late inning drama
Yea, it's been a very boring series from that perspective. G1 is the only game that was within 2 runs in the 9th inning. G3 was the only other save situation and that was a 3 run lead.
jopatura
AG
Grienke will go at least 4 if he has his stuff. Cole & Urquidy will come in at the start of the inning.

Harris, Smith, and Pressly will be used to get out of jams to get to the next inning for a starter.

Osuna will close the game. Only reason Morton went 4 in 2017 is because Giles was already basically told he'd never pitch in that series again.
JDUB08AG
AG
jopatura said:

Grienke will go at least 4 if he has his stuff. Cole & Urquidy will come in at the start of the inning.

Harris, Smith, and Pressly will be used to get out of jams to get to the next inning for a starter.

Osuna will close the game. Only reason Morton went 4 in 2017 is because Giles was already basically told he'd never pitch in that series again.
Morton was also in a zone and LA wasn't coming anywhere close to getting to him
Ag_07
AG
There are single tickets available even in the lower levels for face value.

Go check out the Astros webpage if anyone wants to snag some.
Jackal99
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I found the secret to buying tickets.

Use mobile device and go to the website not the mobile app.

When you get on to the page with the best option buy button, just start tapping it really fast. It will close and try again rapidly. If it stops reacting. close the invalid information window then start tapping best seats again really quick.

I have gotten 3 tickets in 5 mins.
Says the guy who isn't even going. But props to you if you can get that markup on the ticket board.
8T2
Deluxe said:

W said:

Yea, it's been a very boring series from that perspective. G1 is the only game that was within 2 runs in the 9th inning. G3 was the only other save situation and that was a 3 run lead.
4 of the 6 games never had a lead change at all. Games 1 and 6, Washington took the lead in the top of the 5th.
wangus12
AG
WelchAg said:

I remember feeling completely discouraged after JV couldn't close out game 6 in 2017...didn't think it would happen to us at that point. Well, we all know how that story ended. I have a similar feeling this year and it is set up the same way, so we'll know how this ends in about 11 hours.
Its bad that I feel like even with as good a pitcher on the mound as Grienke, I have zero faith that we can provide any run support. I was hopeful after the middle of the series, but the bats of shut down again and we look completely lost.
W
AG
it will be interesting to see if an intentional walk scenario pops up again for Hinch.

it might be a pitch-to-Rendon or Soto decision

or pitch-to-Soto or Howie decision
Prosperdick
AG
W said:

It also seems like we get 2 runs early in almost every single game but unfortunately that's only translated to 3 wins so far.
Bregxit
AG
wangus12 said:

WelchAg said:

Its bad that I feel like even with as good a pitcher on the mound as Grienke, I have zero faith that we can provide any run support. I was hopeful after the middle of the series, but the bats of shut down again and we look completely lost.

That's because Strasburg was amazing again last night. I have no idea how some do not understand that great pitching beats great hitting. Once he settled in after the first he was lights out and pretty much unhittable.
Deluxe
AG
W said:

it will be interesting to see if an intentional walk scenario pops up again for Hinch.

it might be a pitch-to-Rendon or Soto decision

or pitch-to-Soto or Howie decision
It should. We can't let Rendon or Soto beat us tonight.
bearkatag15
AG

At least Clay Walker isn't doing it again.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
expresswrittenconsent
I think we get 2 off max and then 2 from either Corbin or Sanchez and cruise to the 7-3 win. Double digit hits again.
Cromagnum
AG
wangus12 said:

WelchAg said:

That's what happens when you face the best pitchers
David_Puddy
AG
annie88 said:

Decided to sit out this thread for the game tonight, I never thought I'd see a bigger group of angry band waggoner idiots than the zoo, but the ones here take the cake and make the thread pretty sh**y to read through .Hope to come back on and celebrate the win after.

This.

You'rea baseball expert all of the sudden despite having never played? Ok annie
jopatura
AG
I predict we will win tonight solely because Martnez is going to go ape**** manager 17D chess. Once Scherzer is pulled they are going to use every pitcher + Tyler White to finish the game. That's when we strike.
Texas A&M
I haven't waded through this thread much this morning, so SIAP.

SquirrellyDan
AG
Anyone had any luck with the single tickets on mlb website recently? I keep getting errored out
Cromagnum
AG
David_Puddy said:

annie88 said:

This.

You'rea baseball expert all of the sudden despite having never played? Ok annie

Annie are you ok?
Mr Gigem
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AccidentProne said:

Tonight I am an Astros fan.

Good luck!

I worked for the Astros organization before working for the Rangers
Jackal99
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Anyone had any luck with the single tickets on mlb website recently? I keep getting errored out

Nope. I've been trying on the Astros site for over 2 hours. I'm pretty much resigned to not getting one at this point.
David_Puddy
AG
They're just tempting you too with that 126 section available for $450
Jackal99
AG
Can't get that one to pop up either.
First Page Last Page
Page 2046 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.