***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,736,472 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by PSully97
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stat padding time
Beau Bevers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baggy has been equal parts fascinating and hilarious. The guy is a franchise treasure.
fullback44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Dam I hope we can hit like this tomorrow when Corbins pitching ... need to get him that first win
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Odor is signed through 2022 at $8MM plus per year. So 3 more after this. He's got to be close to being dead money. Other teams have done it with $40+!
Deluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fullback44 said:


Dam I hope we can hit like this tomorrow when Corbins pitching ... need to get him that first win


Agreed. Welcome to the thread.
Silent For Too Long
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yuli up to what, .285 now?
iBrad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mathguy86 said:

Odor is signed through 2022 at $8MM plus per year. So 3 more after this. He's got to be close to being dead money. Other teams have done it with $40+!

$34M plus a $3M buyout of 2023. I suppose you just keep rolling him out while they're rebuilding. It's not like they have anything in the pipeline behind right now. But I have a hard time seeing him in Texas through his current deal.
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iBrad said:

mathguy86 said:

Odor is signed through 2022 at $8MM plus per year. So 3 more after this. He's got to be close to being dead money. Other teams have done it with $40+!

$34M plus a $3M buyout of 2023. I suppose you just keep rolling him out while they're rebuilding. It's not like they have anything in the pipeline behind right now. But I have a hard time seeing him in Texas through his current deal.


Hard to believe they'd just cut a hell of Famer in his prime
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Astros 15-4 at MMP.

Astros 14-5 vs. the AL West
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beau Bevers said:

Baggy has been equal parts fascinating and hilarious. The guy is a franchise treasure.


I love listening to him. It's like listening to your crazy ass uncle talk about the glory days, except you know Baggy's actually lived them.
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
iBrad said:

mathguy86 said:

Odor is signed through 2022 at $8MM plus per year. So 3 more after this. He's got to be close to being dead money. Other teams have done it with $40+!

$34M plus a $3M buyout of 2023. I suppose you just keep rolling him out while they're rebuilding. It's not like they have anything in the pipeline behind right now. But I have a hard time seeing him in Texas through his current deal.

That's one expensive punch of Bautista for the Rangers...I hope they enjoyed it. At least with Ryan punching Ventura they got a couple of no no's and to see 5000 K's. Rat boy gives you nothing.
DVC2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
astros4545 said:

iBrad said:

mathguy86 said:

Odor is signed through 2022 at $8MM plus per year. So 3 more after this. He's got to be close to being dead money. Other teams have done it with $40+!

$34M plus a $3M buyout of 2023. I suppose you just keep rolling him out while they're rebuilding. It's not like they have anything in the pipeline behind right now. But I have a hard time seeing him in Texas through his current deal.


Hard to believe they'd just cut a hell of Famer in his prime

Even autocorrect can't say it with a straight face.
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gem from the doush nozzle thread.

Rougned Odor's 2019 stats:

BA: .141
OBP: .218
SLG: .261
OPS: .479

Zack Greinke's career batting stats (over 500 plate appearances):

BA: .222
OBP: .261
SLG: .331
OPS: .592
n_touch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Did I miss Bags in the booth? Wife owes me two now
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Altuve is officially put on 10 day IL. Can return May 20th.

Unless another move is made then Corbin Martin is replacing him for now
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is good right?

Agnzona
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jackal99 said:

Beau Bevers said:

Baggy has been equal parts fascinating and hilarious. The guy is a franchise treasure.


I love listening to him. It's like listening to your crazy ass uncle talk about the glory days, except you know Baggy's actually lived them.


The story about Pence asking for time in the baiting cage because he was so focused was great.
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

iBrad said:

It's quite shocking how bad Odor has gotten. When do the Rangers just cut him loose and take the loss?
They can't because of that contract. He'a going to end up being a dirty rodent version of Chris Davis.


He's going to end up pushing for the hall of fame on games played!
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SIAP, isn't Corbin Martin one of guys we drafted with Cardinals hacking picks?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. 56 and 75 in 2017.
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Of coarse the person starting the wave is a longhorn fan
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Don’t Care. Got Jimbo
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corbin Martin with the start today.
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Harry Dunne said:

iBrad said:

It's quite shocking how bad Odor has gotten. When do the Rangers just cut him loose and take the loss?
They can't because of that contract. He'a going to end up being a dirty rodent version of Chris Davis.


He's going to end up pushing for the hall of fame on games played!


Yeah in the rangers thread we were told he was on pace to be one of the all time great 2nd basemen.
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice way to start
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow almost looked like a 97mph 2 seamer
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wild to see Corbin Martin out there
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
There it is!
Whoop!

Don’t Care. Got Jimbo
Safe at Home
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Corbin now with a lower career ERA than Clayton Kershaw.
HossAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who did we send down to bring Corbin up?
bullard21k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

Who did we send down to bring Corbin up?

Altuve on 10 day dL?
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

Who did we send down to bring Corbin up?


Altuve