***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,771 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
El Duke said:

We had no idea for first few games.
You "had no idea" because several of the dads were too sheepish to admit they recognized her from her work.
the last of the bohemians
Tucker or Reddick tonight-
Pro Tucker = lineup will be void of potential power with Yordan out of lineup, insert Tucker to help fill void
Pro Reddick = national league game, focus on contact, small ball, and defense
I'm leaning Tucker because we only manufacture runs when the other team can't field plays or prevent passed balls
Ag_07
AG
the last of the bohemians said:

Tucker or Reddick tonight-
Pro Tucker = lineup will be void of potential power with Yordan out of lineup, insert Tucker to help fill void
Pro Reddick = national league game, focus on contact, small ball, and defense
I'm leaning Tucker because we only manufacture runs when the other team can't field plays or prevent passed balls

Yordan
Greinke requires fielding behind him, so I assume this is the game yordan sits....Hinch might roll dice who knows
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Have Yordan play rover and have him stand 3 feet from home plate on whichever side the hitter pulls to wearing a batting helmet and a chest protector. He'll take everything off his body, the catcher or Greinke fields it, and throws them out.
Farmer1906
AG
I want a WS Tucker ****er.
Marvin
AG
I fully support rally pics, but can we please agree that "actresses" don't meet our standard? Kate is classy, as are many other choices. Let's stick with classy.

Ags #1
AG
Standrads?? What standards ?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
El Duke said:

....and the dads group text message chain was incredible.

Wore slightly normal mom workout clothes to games, super nice. We had no idea for first few games.

I assume Ava aDDams isnt her real name?
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Marvin said:

I fully support rally pics, but can we please agree that "actresses" don't meet our standard? Kate is classy, as are many other choices. Let's stick with classy.

I fully support TOFA as well, but apparently her skills arent working at home so how can we expect them to work for the whole team...lets not ignore the many other Astros WAGS....
redline248
AG
The Athletic is still on the attack. Apparently the Astros front office culture is toxic. Not linking the article

I hope the team comes out and blasts the Nats, tonight.

For those of you who don't want to talk about it, do you think Fox is going to ignore it? I'm unsure
bearkatag15
AG
redline248 said:

The Athletic is still on the attack. Apparently the Astros front office culture is toxic. Not linking the article

For those of you who don't want to talk about it, do you think Fox is going to ignore it? I'm unsure
Jeff Passan is on the war path as well. Hopefully this all fades away pretty quickly after the series is over.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
El Duke said:

....and the dads group text message chain was incredible.

Wore slightly normal mom workout clothes to games, super nice. We had no idea for first few games.

I can vouch for the text chain
Ag_07
AG
I'm actually gonna be pretty disappointed if Yordan is riding the pine.

He's finally starting to look better at the plate and with offense nearly nonexistent playing Reddick or Tucker doesn't make sense.

If we were raking and could afford an auto-out in the lineup then yeah cool trout out Reddick or Tucker but not now in the situation we'e in.
AggiEE
redline248 said:

Yes, the Astros front office is full of cis white males so by default to the press it's not only privileged but also highly toxic
Deluxe
AG
redline248 said:

Aside from their natural proclivity toward scandal, I think the press is just extra invested in this story because it was one of their own that was "attacked" (by Taubman and then by the Astros in their original statement). I think they're getting their shots in now because they know once the game starts tonight, the story will basically die.

Obviously this whole situation was a bad look for the Astros but they eventually got it right. They fired Taubman, apologized to the reporter, retracted their initial statement, Luhnow took his deserved 20 minute beating from the press yesterday. I think most people (specifically the fans) are ready to move on. Sometimes we forget that we operate in a small circle of people who follow the team very very closely. 75-80% of fans probably don't give two damns about this. They just want to watch the game.

I think the press forgets that too and tends to write stories to impress their journalistic colleagues instead of their intended audience. It's like they play a game of one upping the hot take of the guy/gal sitting next to them in the press box. Gotta be more outraged to get more clicks. Pretty endemic problem in print media these days.
JCA1
AG
It's also a really easy column to knock out on deadline day. A few paragraphs of high minded virtue and calls for other people to Make Changes. Doesn't get any easier than that.
bearkatag15
AG

Nationals lineup

Here's a look at how they have done vs ZG over the years

JCA1
AG
To get back to baseball. I'm really curious to see what Hinch does with Yordan. I probably lean toward starting him in left and take the defensive lumps if they come. However, I could be convinced that Reddick's defense and having Yordan available as a potential PH at a time of your choosing might be better than 3 random at bats. Tough call.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
My thoughts
Put Alvarez 2nd or 3rd
Try and get him twice thought the lineup and hopefully you have a lead then you can sub in tucker or reddick or marisnek. Maybe you can get through 4-5 innings with him in the field while getting him two-3 at bats.
Otherwise it's pinch hitting once or 6 innings possible before he gets 2 at bats
bearkatag15
AG
Here is what the Astros' lineup has done vs Sanchez:

TXAG14
Not able to watch tonight due to some issues with the family. Will have to follow on my phone. If they win I'll bite the bullet and won't watch another game!
tjack16
AG
TXAG14 said:

Not able to watch tonight due to some issues with the family. Will have to follow on my phone. If they win I'll bite the bullet and won't watch another game!
family >> baseball ... Hope all turns out well
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I was staring down a 6u championship baseball game starting at 7:30.....hallelujah for cold front with rain to knock that to Sunday!
Texaggie7nine
tjholley16 said:

family >> baseball
7nine
DVC2010
AG
I found a birthday hat for Juan Soto.

Beat40
Really hoping we jack Sanchez up in the 1st three innings. Get that mug out early.
spadilly
S

Yordan not in the lineup tonight.
TXAG14
No DH since we are at the NL teams place. Ridiculous they still have pitchers batting.
Deluxe
AG
That 6-9 in the order... woof
spadilly
S
TXAG14 said:

No DH since we are at the NL teams place. Ridiculous they still have pitchers batting.

I thought AJ may start him in RF since he has been warming up at the plate. But with Grienke on the mound, I can see how you want your best defense out there.
Yoda
AG
Of our 7-9 hitters tonight, I'm genuinely most excited to watch Greinke hit. Have a feeling he is going to do something to aid his own cause.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
It's a wise move to sit Yordan with Greinke pitching. Somebody like Cole who gets 10 outs via Ks, different story. The book on Reddick is he can't hit anything faster than low 90s. Sanchez doesn't get over low 90s.
bearkatag15
AG

Dat bat flip doe
W
AG
really need a big game tonight from Correa.

6. Correa
7. Reddick
8. Chirinos
9. Greinke

maybe it will be Greinke with the big hit
First Page Last Page
Page 1823 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.