***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,445 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
BMX Bandit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

I love boobs as much as the next guy

no one believes you
Harry Dunne
Gig-Em2003 said:

I agree. But the definition of insanity seems to apply here.
A mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality?
AustinCountyAg
to the poster on the previous page who said we need barriers on the bottom concourse. decent idea, but what happens if you want to go get food, or pee and your seats are on the field level?
South Platte
mm98 said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Verlander is 0-2 in his last three starts.
Isn't he 0-5 or 6 in WS starts in his career?

His 06 and 13 seasons were not good.

His 2017 WS numbers were not bad. His whip was actually incredibly good.

He wasn't terrible last night either. Just a bad inning.

. . . a bad inning after Hinch lifted Chirinos for Tucker, who then watched strike 3. It was a decent move at the time, even with JV's preference for Chirinos over Maldonado. But that seemed to affect JV after cruising through innings 2-6.
Ag_07
AG
Dude...WTF are doing posting that coked out Ranger showing the thumbs up on this thread.

Talk about bad juju

Take that shlt down ASAP
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Goose61 said:

One thing's for sure - Glad I didn't buy any furniture from Mattress Mack.
KC_Ag14
AG
Bottom line for me: despite the lack of success here recently, this group has earned my trust and still has it. Call it blind, call it whatever. The men in that room are just different to me. Hope all the cliff jumpers are wearing a jetpack and not a parachute. See y'all tomorrow night.
CFTXAG10
AG
Got home late from the game last night. All I could think is that no matter how much these first two games have sucked, if any team can rattle off 4/5 it's this one. TAKE IT BACK! and BRING IT BACK to Houston!
tjack16
AG
JV gave up 3 of the 12 runs last night.... game 2 wasn't on him.
AustinCountyAg
CFTXAG10 said:

Got home late from the game last night. All I could think is that no matter how much these first two games have sucked, if any team can rattle off 4/5 it's this one. TAKE IT BACK! and BRING IT BACK to Houston!
this is my feeling right now as well. We have the type of team that can run off some wins. Can they do it? We are fixing to find out.

On a scale of 1-10 my worry level right now is about a 6. How badass would it be to see this team turn it on and come back in the series and take these slap dicks out?
Harry Dunne
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

I love boobs as much as the next guy

no one believes you
You got me. I love reading y'alls (usually) intelligent opinions about my favorite team more than seeing pics of Kate Upton's overrated Nat Geo boobs not rally the team the millionth time. Which of course means I'm super gay.
bearkatag15
AG
Gotta take this 1 game at a time right now. With that in mind, Anibal Sanchez is very beatable. He had an excellent outing vs the Cardinals in the NLCS, but this lineup isn't the Cardinals lineup. I have to believe he doesn't have a repeat performance and the 'Stros hang a few crooked numbers on him early.

He isn't a hard thrower, 35.4% FB, 27.5% CT, 28% CH. FB tops out at 90.5 MPH. He is very much like Greinke in that respect.
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
spadilly
S
TXAG14 said:

TXAG14 said:

If we win this I'll buy the first 10 to reply to this hats. I will return the favor since I was one of the lucky ones that got one the last time.
Still have two spots open for the hat giveaway.

Hat post!
CFTXAG10
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

CFTXAG10 said:

this is my feeling right now as well. We have the type of team that can run off some wins. Can they do it? We are fixing to find out.

On a scale of 1-10 my worry level right now is about a 6. How badass would it be to see this team turn it on and come back in the series and take these slap dicks out?
Yepp, just playing through scenarios, if Greinke and the bats can get you game 3, then even if you lose the bullpen game 4 you could have a great chance with Cole in game 5. Then that could send you back to Houston down 3-2 with JV in game 6. Win that one and anything can happen.

That is A LOT of WHAT IFS and it assumes we pull our heads out of our a** but again, if I believe any team could pull it out when the odds are stacked against them its this one....
Ag_07
AG
I'm not gonna get ahead of myself and talk about winning this series. Lets win 2/3 in WAS, get it back to a competitive series, then I'll start talking about what it's gonna take to win this thing.
Marvin
AG
Easy question for you guys. Let's assume Greinke wins Game 3, because otherwise there's really not much left to discuss... plenty to criticize and bemoan, but it's magic bullet talk then.

Down 2-1 heading into the bullpen game, what is your confidence level?

I gotta say that I'd be feeling ok.
  • The offense will eventually click. It's just beyond reason to think they will go on a 15 to 17 game hibernation. That just doesn't happen, no matter the competition.
  • I like our bullpen better, despite last night's results.
  • I like Cole and Verlander to come back strong.

Now, if the Nats shut our offense down completely, or if they beat Cole and Verlander twice each, well again there's not much to do but tip your cap. I think we can storm back though, and it MUST start with Greinke. This is why Luhnow got him, and in Luhnow I still trust.

Keep the faith, boys. At least until midnight Friday... haha.

Sid Farkas
AG
agchugger said:

The dreaded "Players Only" meeting. That always leads to positive change.
Always an indication the end is nigh

To everyone predicting a comeback, Your dedication and loyalty is commendable. You are truly good fans. I however see the world thru BAS colored glasses today. Probably can't bring myself to watch the remaining games. I deserve excommunication from the Astros community...if I was Japanese I would be obligated to harakiri

Goodbye cruel world
Farmer1906
AG
10 times the team down 0-2 has come back to win it all. I believe in this team. We'll make this interesting, it just has to come back to Houston.
CFTXAG10
AG
Farmer1906 said:

11 times the team down 0-2 has come back to win it all. I believe in this team. We'll make this interesting, it just has to come back to Houston.
Exactly, is it too late to change our mantra to TAKE BRING IT BACK?
bearkatag15
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Farmer1906 said:

11 times the team down 0-2 has come back to win it all. I believe in this team. We'll make this interesting, it just has to come back to Houston.
Exactly, is it too late to change our mantra to TAKE BRING IT BACK?
Print the shirts!
Fightin' Texas Aggie and Sam Houston State Bearkat
Ag_07
AG
I actually like Greinke in GM 3

The Nats are hammering mistakes over the plate. Any pitch we leave up and out over the plate is getting smashed. Greinke seems to nibble and not make those kinds of mistakes.

I also think he's comfortable in a NL setting.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/2-to-0-deficit-baseball-playoff-rallies-c297376582.html

Here's a list. The Royals did it twice in 1985 - ALCS & WS.

rgt99
Sucks that the Astros are in the position. We look shell shocked, it even showed on their faces during the National Anthem. The Stros looks scared and tight, while Washington seemed very loose.

The only focus should be game 3. Dont worry about different scenarios. Just focus on putting pressure on the Nats. This whole series feels like we have been playing from behind even with the scored tied at 2. The bats need to get hot and put pressure on them, and relieve our pitchers. With no run support, the pitching staff feels like every batter must be struck out so they play tight and conservative. They need to come out in game 3 and score some runs in the first few innings and it will be a completely different ball game. We need to go back to the "nothing to lose" attitude.
Ag12thman
AG
It's far from over. We need to win a game (or 2 -- or even 3) at their place to steal the momentum away from them and then get back home and let Cole and Verlander have much better games 6 and, if necessary, 7.

If any team can climb out of a 0-2 hole, it's the Houston Astros.
gigemJTH12
AG
rgt99 said:

Sucks that the Astros are in the position. We look shell shocked, it even showed on their faces during the National Anthem. The Stros looks scared and tight, while Washington seemed very loose.
this is BS. Total BS. And if you believe this you havent been paying attention to this team for very long.

but even if you havent been paying attention long, I'm sure you have been for a couple weeks.

why would we be scared before game 2 down 0-1? Same thing happened vs the Yankees.
Cromagnum
AG
Ag12thman said:

It's far from over. We need to win a game (or 2 -- or even 3) at their place to steal the momentum away from them and then get back home and let Cole and Verlander have much better games 6 and, if necessary, 7.

Umm... we have to win at least 2 to even come back to Houston. But yes, we have to start with 1 for momentum sake.
Frok
AG
Quote:

They need to come out in game 3 and score some runs in the first few innings and it will be a completely different ball game.

We scored in the first both games.

Cromagnum
AG
Frok said:

Quote:

They need to come out in game 3 and score some runs in the first few innings and it will be a completely different ball game.

We scored in the first both games.

Yep. We find a way score early and then never again. Turns out it doesn't work very well.
Frok
AG
I think what we need is a victory that devastates the Nats and their fans. They need to be up 3-0 going into the 9th. Crowd going wild but we load the bases and hit a grand slam. Something so big it puts a seed of doubt in them.
Panama Red
AG
I think its fairly evident that rgt99 hasn't actually watched these games.
Marvin
AG
Frok said:

I think what we need is a victory that devastates the Nats and their fans. They need to be up 3-0 going into the 9th. Crowd going wild but we load the bases and hit a grand slam. Something so big it puts a seed of doubt in them.

How about we return the blowout favor instead? Just stomp on them and deposit a number of bombs over the fence. I'd much prefer that type of negative reinforcement for the Nats.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Frok said:

That seems totally reasonable. Call AJ on his cell phone and let him know the plan.
newsjunkie
Regarding the MLB commissioner being "seriously concerned" about the locker room brouhaha; I found an interesting comment on the article:

Quote:

NOT TOO CONCERNED ABOUT DEATH OF ANGELS PLAYER FROM DRUGS AND AT LEAST 5 OTHER PLAYERS INVOLVED AND STAFF? DO TELL?
Sorry, link to the article: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mlb-commissioner-rob-manfred-tremendously-concerned-about-astros-controversy-014540698.html
Be to her virtures very kind; be to her faults a little blind. Lord Byron
tailgatetimer10
AG
During the national anthem, seriously? Wow.
MathNewman06
AG
Ag12thman said:

Minor, but major, corrections:
-If we only win a game there, we don't come back home.
-Cole and Verlander would presumably be pitching games 5 and 6.
First Page Last Page
Page 1812 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.