***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,079 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So...I guess it's Opposite Day today

Our offense sucks

Our bullpen sucks
irish pete ag06
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Tonight has made the ignore feature easy to put into use.

So you're fine just watching us get swept? Any negative comments and you just block it out? I couldn't do that
There's a difference in negative comments and what some people are doing.

But I've said it forever and I'll continue to say it. You can build a team to be pretty much guarateed to make the tournament. There are no guarantees once you make the tournament. Sample sizes are too small.
jopatura
AG
1) They under-prepared for the Nats. They asked Verlander what he thought of the hitters in one of the pregame conferences and he kind of laughed that he hadn't done his homework yet. At the time I thought he was kidding with the media because everyone knows he's so anal about preparation. I think he was serious. JV's also made some off-hand comments coming off that short-rest start that makes me think he's exhausted.

2) That rainout in NY ****ed with them. This team wasn't really able to get it together beforehand and now they are just spent. I know everyone's made a big deal about the Nationals long rest, but the team they play usually doesn't go 4 straight either.

3) We really, really needed to split the first run at home. I expected a Cole win and a JV loss, but this is pretty much worst case. Grienke has experience with the Nats and can hopefully handle his business with the extra perk of getting to hit. The bullpen game is an absolute must win now. Cole and JV don't need to think about anything else, no extra work at all, until their next scheduled starts.
agdaddy04
AG
Cromagnum said:

6.43 ERA vs 0.71 ERA. What could go wrong?

Yep. Paper is where the game is played.
Hi, Im Brett
AG
thank you sir, may I have another?
1876er
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

KC_Ag14 said:

1876er said:

KC_Ag14 said:

Hate to us on this side of the misery of sports thus far: the better team doesn't always win. The series is not over. But something drastic will have to change on both sides for us to get back into it and have a chance. This mojo and momentum Washington has found in October will have to subside, and whatever ALCS hangover or funk we're in has to completely go away. Can't be one or the other, will have to be both once you're down 0-2. Improbable, but not impossible. I'm with them til the end.

I'm a 7 game series the better team always wins. What you did in April and May means nothing in October.

Agree to disagree.

In a 7 game series the best team always wins? Lol no.

What if they beat you by 9+ in a 7 game series?

The Nats are better than the Astros. Just accept it.
Post removed:
by user
Cromagnum
AG
8 runs with two outs, and we cant score **** in 7 innings.
Beat40
Man - and we can't buy a 2-out RBI.

Well, can we please get out of this inning and get the offense up there?
agproducer
AG
Brutal. Just brutal.
eATMup-Reveille
It all started when those SOB's didn't hustle yesterday. It was obvious they felt superior and didn't need to hustle.
cisgenderedAggie
Jackal99
AG
Am I in time?
Harry Dunne
I've got to say Greinke sitting there in the dugout with his hoodie like a mix between incognito ET and Stephen Hawking is not inspiring much confidence.
DVC2010
AG
We miss you around here. Coach less football.
Post removed:
by user
rcb
AG
This feels like if the Oilers had home field those two years we lost in AFC championship to Steelers
agproducer
AG
Altuve is not giving up.
cisgenderedAggie
Harry Dunne said:

I've got to say Greinke sitting there in the dugout with his hoodie like a mix between incognito ET and Stephen Hawking is not inspiring much confidence.

I'm hoping for unabomber
agdaddy04
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Dude is going to be nails. And will hit a HR.
tjack16
AG
Who would have thought that game 3 would be an absolute must win for the Astros
AGHouston11
AG
eATMup-Reveille said:

It all started when those SOB's didn't hustle yesterday. It was obvious they felt superior and didn't need to hustle.

The Springer homerun jump that didn't pan out then decided to run
Beat40
I do agree - so much can go wrong in the postseason - you just gotta get there and see what happens.
Nino Brown
Clinic
Frok
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Lol
irish pete ag06
AG
DVC2010 said:

We miss you around here. Coach less football.
This is about the time of year I sometimes wish I did. Not playoffs yet, but definitely in the grind.
Harry Dunne
agdaddy04 said:

Harry Dunne said:

Dude is going to be nails. And will hit a HR.
We're gonna need him to.
MAROON
AG
It's a simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball.

They have done all three better than us
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
AGHouston11
AG
We are still tiring their bats down!
irish pete ag06
AG
Harry Dunne said:

This made me LOL.
tunefx
AG
All the meltdown and, as a Nats fan, I'm worried if our bullpen can survive the next six outs. We used the best of the pen last night. I've witnessed plenty of meltdowns in 8 and 9.
Ag_07
AG
I wouldn't call it under preparing

They needed to be focused on the Yankees.

I seriously think getting pushed to 5 games then 6 games in the two previous series is taking its toll.

Innings are racking up, guys are making mental errors, and focus is not there.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Remember when the 'Stros destroyed their opponents by double-digits on a regular basis this season? I remember.

What a bad time to go cold.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
EagleAg19
tunefx said:

All the meltdown and, as a Nats fan, I'm worried if our bullpen can survive the next six outs. We used the best of the pen last night. I've witnessed plenty of meltdowns in 8 and 9.
this is some next level trolling
Beat40
This is almost a troll post. You're worried about being up 9 in a WS game 2?
First Page Last Page
Page 1804 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.