***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,315 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Wait..... Robert Ford is black!?!?

Holy cow I never knew

He is?!
AggiEE
bearkatag15 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

So Alvarez is now batting 6th?
What's wrong with that? it spreads out the left handed bats throughout the lineup and he just got on base 3 times last night. He was on base 3 times in all of the ALCS combined.

Correa is basically home run or bust at this point

Alvarez at least draws walks and singles (Ignoring ALCS performance)

I'm fine with it...Alvarez is a better hitter than Correa
Beat40
Ag_07 said:

Frok said:

I think Verlander is going to have to be dominant

I don't think agree with this. I think he just needs to keep a couple of their dangerous guys quiet.

This Nats lineup isn't very scary and I think you can give up some hits and walks so long as you keep Soto from knocking them in.

If we key in on on limiting Soto, Rendon, and Zimmerman we can win without JV being dominant.

With all that said him being dominant sure does help.
I think I saw somewhere the Nats are like .297 with RISP this postseason. I'm not sure where I saw it. If that's true, they have been pretty outstanding.

You'd like to see that start to revert back to a mean and ours start to revert back up.
Beat40
AggiEE said:

bearkatag15 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

So Alvarez is now batting 6th?
What's wrong with that? it spreads out the left handed bats throughout the lineup and he just got on base 3 times last night. He was on base 3 times in all of the ALCS combined.

Correa is basically home run or bust at this point

Alvarez at least draws walks and singles (Ignoring ALCS performance)

I'm fine with it...Alvarez is a better hitter than Correa
That's a pretty big thing to ignore.

Let's be honest - Hinch is just trying to find anyone after the 5th guy to produce. That is where most of the LOB is coming from. Alvarez is a part of that at the moment, and you cannot refute this point.

I do hope he is able to drive in some runs tonight, but, as the saying goes, I'll believe it when I see it. Same goes for Correa or any one else 6-9.
The Milkman
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Mr.Bond said:

Holy cow I never knew

He is?!
I just had to google that because I couldnt believe it. But you are right. Wow.

Mr.Bond
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Mr.Bond said:

Holy cow I never knew

He is?!

Yea I was honestly shocked
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Philip J Fry
AG
So we are staying at the Whitehall in downtown. Would it be easier to just take the train to the park than parking in lot C?
astros4545
AG
The Milkman said:

Forgiven_Ag said:

Mr.Bond said:

Holy cow I never knew

He is?!
I just had to google that because I couldnt believe it. But you are right. Wow.

He is twin brothers with George Springers dad
Texaggie7nine
Philip J Fry said:

So we are staying at the Whitehall in downtown. Would it be easier to just take the train to the park than parking in lot C?
It will be fairly easy to park, but getting out of Lot C right after the game is a ****show. Could take you an hour or more to get back to the hotel.
7nine
bearkatag15
AG

No changes
astros4545
AG
I think we have reached the point where people are rooting for Alvarez to fail so that they can say they were right

Such a shame, but to be expected with all the new baseball fans over the recent weeks
Ags #1
AG
Whoever is doing that is not a fan of the team. But his his risp average is horrid. Problem is i dont think we have anyone better, that includes tucker
Beat40
astros4545 said:

I think we have reached the point where people are rooting for Alvarez to fail so that they can say they were right

Such a shame, but to be expected with all the new baseball fans over the recent weeks
Who is rooting for Alvarez to fail? There is a difference between hope/belief in him versus confidence level in him.

Let me ask you this - if he's up again with bases loaded tonight, how much confidence do you have that he's productive?

Don't confuse my question with the amount of hope or belief you have for him.

That question is the crux of the criticism.
Beat40
Ags #1 said:

Whoever is doing that is not a fan of the team. But his his risp average is horrid. Problem is i dont think we have anyone better, that includes tucker
Exactly this. There is overall frustration with Alvarez, Bregman, and Correa around RISP average. Are people rooting for all of them to fail?
Post removed:
by user
Philip J Fry
AG
third coast.. said:

Isnt lot C like 100 bucks? Park by eighth wonder, save 80 bucks, get in a nice walk and still get out of downtown before lot c folks.

Already have the pass. Just trying to decide whether or not to use it.
the last of the bohemians
Strasburg has walked 3 or more batters 7 times in regular season. He had a 5.35 era in those starts. Hint hint on key to victory tonight
ttha_aggie_09
AG
At Irma's, starting to get packed
astros4545
AG
Beat40 said:

astros4545 said:

Who is rooting for Alvarez to fail? There is a difference between hope/belief in him versus confidence level in him.

Let me ask you this - if he's up again with bases loaded tonight, how much confidence do you have that he's productive?

Don't confuse my question with the amount of hope or belief you have for him.

That question is the crux of the criticism.

Considering this is baseball and he's not shooting free throws, I have a confidence of about 30%

Everyone knows the statistics, but refuses to acknowledge them
Ags #1
AG
Which means he is well overdue then
bearkatag15
AG
the last of the bohemians
BAgwell was similar to Alvarez... destroyer of 2nd tier regular season pitchers and hitting in non crucial moments , playoffs and clutch situations not so much
redline248
AG
Ags #1 said:

Which means he is well overdue then

Wasn't he ~67% last night?

In terms of being due, the homer/RBI drought is getting way too long
bearkatag15
AG

Bregman took his bat home to become one with it. 2 run HR and 2 RBI double confirmed.
Ags #1
AG
Yeah. That is what I meant. He's due for a homerun or an RBI
Frok
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Holy cow I never knew

Anyone else think he sounds like Kermit the Frog when he gets super excited?

bearkatag15
AG
Bregman just did a round in the cage during BP. All of his hits off the bat went oppo. Something to take note of.
redline248
AG
Back to Alvarez...

In the regular season he homered every 11.6 ABs. He's had 44 post season ABs, so far, without a homer.
redline248
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Bregman just did a round in the cage during BP. All of his hits off the bat when oppo. Something to take note of.
bearkatag15
AG
Now he just pulled everything. So ignore this.
Beat40
the last of the bohemians said:

BAgwell was similar to Alvarez... destroyer of 2nd tier regular season pitchers and hitting in non crucial moments , playoffs and clutch situations not so much
And I believe your statement is wrong.

He did hit well in the ALDS, so he can do it against good pitching. How do you know he isn't more like Bellingher?
redline248
AG
redline248 said:

Back to Alvarez...

In the regular season he homered every 11.6 ABs. He's had 44 post season ABs, so far, without a homer.

Bregman homered every 13.5 ABs in the regular season. Has 1 in 39 playoff ABs.
redline248
AG
Must be working on different stuff
DirtyMikesBoys
AG
How you know that? The cage is in the clubhouse and media doesn't go in there. Not saying you're wrong, genuinely curious.
AggiEE
astros4545 said:

Same people that want Tucker to fail for whatever reason.
First Page Last Page
Page 1761 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.