***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,011 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey, so will I!
Deluxe
AG
Ag_07 said:

You guys going to the game need to rep this thread well.

The crowd last night was a huge letdown. From TV I honestly couldn't tell the difference between last nights crowd and a random weekend crowd during the normal 162.

Completely inexcusable
If you see someone in the stands wearing an Astros shirt and cheering for the home team, it's probably me
JABQ04
AG
cablinaggie said:

So how do we attack Strasburg tonight? I haven't watched him a bunch but it looks like he throws a 95-98 mph 4-seam along with a 91 change. He's only allowed 4 ER in 22 innings this postseason with 33 SO and 1 BB. I'm having images of our righties flailing on changeups low and inside.

Just reading that again makes me mad that we didn't do more damage against their bullpen last night.

I'm optimistic that we've faced the best their bull pen has and still touched it up a bit. They can't bring the same arms out everytime or they'll implode. Of course if they have the lead in the 8th and 9th I think theyll do an "all hands on deck" routine to keep the lead. I liked our approach to Scherzer. Patience. Seemed like everyone got into deep counts and as a result he only went 5 innings. I think patience tonight will be a good strategy but at the same time can't be afraid to pull the trigger on gifts if were given them.
redline248
AG
This is from an article on The Athletic written Monday

On Strasburg's change (I don't know how to share the video from the app)
Quote:

Among starters right now, at least by whiff rate, there's Luis Castillo, Cole Hamels (the changeup GOAT, perhaps), and then there's Stephen Strasburg with this beaut. It's plus by horizontal movement, vertical movement, and results, and those results have been steady at the top of the league for his whole career. It's a huge part of what makes him great.

And this video is appropriate for another reason: here he strikes out a right-hander, despite the fact that changeups are supposed to mainly be a weapon against opposite-handed hitters. Only two righty starters threw more changeups against righty batters.

Like most of the pitchers above, Strasburg has multiple weapons and great velocity. But, while the other guys have a couple of different approaches depending on the type of the batter, Strasburg really has that unpredictable streak he's liable to throw any pitch in any count to any batter. And the changeup is a foundational piece of that strategy.
redline248
AG
JABQ04 said:

cablinaggie said:

So how do we attack Strasburg tonight? I haven't watched him a bunch but it looks like he throws a 95-98 mph 4-seam along with a 91 change. He's only allowed 4 ER in 22 innings this postseason with 33 SO and 1 BB. I'm having images of our righties flailing on changeups low and inside.

Just reading that again makes me mad that we didn't do more damage against their bullpen last night.

I'm optimistic that we've faced the best their bull pen has and still touched it up a bit. They can't bring the same arms out everytime or they'll implode. Of course if they have the lead in the 8th and 9th I think theyll do an "all hands on deck" routine to keep the lead. I liked our approach to Scherzer. Patience. Seemed like everyone got into deep counts and as a result he only went 5 innings. I think patience tonight will be a good strategy but at the same time can't be afraid to pull the trigger on gifts if were given them.

Apparently the approach is "whatever it takes to go 1-0 today." We'll have to make them pay, if that is the case
Max Power
AG
Still beyond pissed by last night's game and effort. With Scherzer's pitch count being almost 100 at the end of 4 innings we should have been blowing up the scoreboard...2 f'ing runs...2 during that span. Cole seemed genuinely lost out there at times, he's been lights out this postseason, you can't go out there and forget how to pitch in the WS.

I watched the game on mute because I can't deal with hearing the play by play, it's just too stressful. Am I completely missing something or why wasn't their catcher called for interference when he stuck his glove in front of Reddick's bat during a swing? They do replay to see whether or not a guy gets hit with the ball...why not to check for interference?

We can't go down 0-2 and have a shot at beating this Washington team, they better shape up. Verlander needs to perform and maybe more importantly bats need to make an appearance with RISP. Can't leave that many guys on base, period.

I'd rather lose 7-0 like we did to NYY in game one of the ALCS than witness that game last night, that game was ours for the taking and they totally blundered it away.

Hallelujah, holy ****, where's the Tylenol?
AustinCountyAg
I actually think this Astros team can go down 0-2 in the series and come back and win it all.
Ags #1
AG
The ump dint hear or see the catchers interference. Hinch asked him to talk to the other umps to see if they saw it but the play is NOT reviewable which is a crime in itself.
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
third coast.. said:

Jackal99 said:

Hey, so will I!

Yea sitting next to a texagger means I feel awkward wasting time on texags between innings
See who can swipe by the boob pics quicker.
7nine
CFTXAG10
AG
dshedd41 said:

Who's going to be there tonight on here? Probably won't be able to meet up but just curious
Consuming cold beverages and bringing the hate from 155
gigemJTH12
AG
Wabs
AG
Deluxe
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I actually think this Astros team can go down 0-2 in the series and come back and win it all.
Me: I agree
Also me: I don't want to find out
Kashchei
AG
Fangraphs now has us at 55%.

Better get their **** in gear tonight.
Frok
AG
I think Verlander is going to have to be dominant, followed by a shutout by the bullpen. I don't have much faith in our bats putting more than 2-4 runs up tonight.

gigemJTH12
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

told my friends this. even if we go down 0-2 I wont panic. I will just lay a big bet on us at some really good odds.

that said, and like someone said above, I dont want to find out.
gigemJTH12
AG
Frok said:

I think Verlander is going to have to be dominant, followed by a shutout by the bullpen. I don't have much faith in our bats putting more than 2-4 runs up tonight.

one of those 8 innings 120 pitches 3 hits and 0 or 1 run would be really awesome tonight.
mm98
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

That is a path I'd rather not venture...
bearkatag15
AG

I need 7-9 runs out of this offense tonight... lets ****ing go!!!
Teddy Perkins
AG
annie88
AG
Very interesting that #takeitback is not trending on Twitter anymore. I'm sure as part of this media attack Twitter has adjusted their algorithms. What is trending is people rooting against the Astros simply for what happened this past weekend.

Yeah it's just social media and it ain't changing nothing for me but it's a shame that those three female reporters felt the need to play victim and push this bull***** They want to hang with the big boys but can't handle it as usual. Women in sports media suck.

On the flipside I think the Astros need to fire that guy because even though I believe what he did was blown out of proportion and skewed to fit an attack, the shame and anger he has brought on the Astros is a fireable offense in my opinion. Astros ****ed up too, but it's a shame they had to deal with this jerk.

That said. Let's do this! **** the haters!
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
k20dub
AG
Was looking at Strasburg's stats this year and it looks like the D'Backs had his number in 2 of his starts.

Article from the day Strasburg gave up 9 to Arizona.
dshedd41
S
I don't like Trump, but i like this gif
P.H. Dexippus
AG
So Alvarez is now batting 6th?
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Mr.Bond
AG
Watching mlb network we might as well pack it in, this Washington team is the 27 yanks
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
I really wish they'd put altuve behind bregman. Dude needs something
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bearkatag15
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

So Alvarez is now batting 6th?
What's wrong with that? it spreads out the left handed bats throughout the lineup and he just got on base 3 times last night. He was on base 3 times in all of the ALCS combined.
bearkatag15
AG

Confirms Hinch thought it should have been a triple
Ag_07
AG
Frok said:

I think Verlander is going to have to be dominant

I don't think agree with this. I think he just needs to keep a couple of their dangerous guys quiet.

This Nats lineup isn't very scary and I think you can give up some hits and walks so long as you keep Soto from knocking them in.

If we key in on on limiting Soto, Rendon, and Zimmerman we can win without JV being dominant.

With all that said him being dominant sure does help.
Bregxit
AG
Ag_07 said:

Frok said:

I think Verlander is going to have to be dominant

I don't think agree with this. I think he just needs to keep a couple of their dangerous guys quiet.

This Nats lineup isn't very scary and I think you can give up some hits and walks so long as you keep Soto from knocking them in.

If we key in on on limiting Soto, Rendon, and Zimmerman we can win without JV being dominant.

With all that said him being dominant sure does help.
The biggest thing is for him to come out composed from the jump and not overthrow everything. That's what killed him in the first in NY.
rgt99
https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50012/1000229759/original/kate-upton-in-a-pink-bra-can-barely-contain-herself-for-some-reason-all-people-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces
Mr.Bond
AG
rgt99 said:

https://imgix.ranker.com/user_node_img/50012/1000229759/original/kate-upton-in-a-pink-bra-can-barely-contain-herself-for-some-reason-all-people-photo-u1?w=650&q=50&fm=pjpg&fit=crop&crop=faces

I'm not sure of any model who has so many different looks. You could show 10 different pictures and it looks like 10 different women

Mr.Bond
AG
Wait..... Robert Ford is black!?!?

Holy cow I never knew

First Page Last Page
Page 1760 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.