***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,888 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Double digit LOB means the offense is hitting.
or they are getting walks

True. But last night it was hitting. We had 10 hits.

Have to cut down on the strikeouts and lazy fly outs with RISP.
Deluxe
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Grienke is going to have to be the hero in this series. I feel he's due a big time game.
As weird as this sounds, I like Greinke matched up against the Nats much better than I did against the Yankees or Rays
Sid Farkas
AG
Quote:

• Park well away from the stadium (or ride train/shuttle)- better to walk 20 minutes and avoid the traffic.

I parked at Fanin South (?) light rail station for both '05 and '17 WS games. Three bucks and no traffic vs a C-note and gridlock if you drive downtown. Pro tip: go directly to the main st light rail stop at the end of the game unless you plan to hang out downtown for a while. The crowd gathers quickly at the stop
Average Joe
AG
Beat40 said:

95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Double digit LOB means the offense is hitting.
or they are getting walks

True. But last night it was hitting. We had 10 hits.

Have to cut down on the strikeouts and lazy fly outs with RISP.
We also seemed to always start an inning with our 6, 7, or 8 hole hitters. Seemed like anyone that was capable of driving in some runs came up with 2 outs.
tjack16
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

• Park well away from the stadium (or ride train/shuttle)- better to walk 20 minutes and avoid the traffic.

I parked at Fanin South (?) light rail station for both '05 and '17 WS games. Three bucks and no traffic vs a C-note and gridlock. Pro tip: go directly to the main st light rail stop at the end of the game unless you plan to hang out downtown for a while. The crowd gathers quickly at the stop
I parked further away on clay and fannin. Had no issues with that... it was navigating the entrance of the stadium and concourse that took forever.
Texaggie7nine
tjholley16 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

I parked at Fanin South (?) light rail station for both '05 and '17 WS games. Three bucks and no traffic vs a C-note and gridlock. Pro tip: go directly to the main st light rail stop at the end of the game unless you plan to hang out downtown for a while. The crowd gathers quickly at the stop
I parked further away on clay and fannin. Had no issues with that... it was navigating the entrance of the stadium and concourse that took forever.
We have been parking in the Hilton Americas garage for $27. Hardly any people park there for the game, so there's no wait leaving the garage, and hardly any traffic when you get out.
7nine
Deluxe
AG
We had alot of good ABs last night. Unfortunately, like we've done this whole postseason, we saved some of our worst ABs for the game's biggest moments. Yordan's horrible AB in the 7th inning with the bases loaded after getting on base his first three times up was so emblematic.

I still feel fine about the series overall. They worked really hard for the win last night. The innings that Corbin and their back-end had to eat last night will be beneficial for us later in the series.

Hopefully we stick to the same script tonight. Drive Strasburg's pitch count up. I think if we can put him in some tough situations like we did with Scherzer last night, we'll induce some mistakes and capitalize. Scherzer is just so damn good with his back against the wall.
crowman2010
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

We have been parking in the Hilton Americas garage for $27. Hardly any people park there for the game, so there's no wait leaving the garage, and hardly any traffic when you get out.
Until you run into a Rockets game at the same time...
Teddy Perkins
AG
A look at tonight's ump.

Quote:

Game 2 Doug Eddings
Eddings annually has one of the largest strike zones in the majors, per SIS metrics. He'll be a contrast in approach to Porter for starting pitchers Stephen Strasburg and Justin Verlander. However, a favorable zone doesn't necessarily portend success, particularly for the Nationals' Strasburg, who allowed nine runs with Eddings behind the plate against the Diamondbacks in early August. He has a 5.58 ERA with Eddings. Verlander's is 3.23 in four starts.

Most important tendencies: Eddings' strike-calling tendencies have been most pronounced on high pitches for hitters on both sides of the plate, outside pitches for left-handed hitters and inside pitches for right-handed batters. In other words, his can be a wide zone horizontally and a large zone vertically. He's arguably the most likely umpire in baseball to call a borderline pitch a strike and the most likely in this series to get on hitters' nerves.
Gonna have to protect a large zone tonight.
irish pete ag06
AG
Deluxe said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Grienke is going to have to be the hero in this series. I feel he's due a big time game.
As weird as this sounds, I like Greinke matched up against the Nats much better than I did against the Yankees or Rays
Yep. And he gets to hit in Game 3.
Texaggie7nine
crowman2010 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

Thankfully that hasn't happened during the playoffs this year and will not. There was as big concert at Toyota center during game 5 of the ALDS, but still the Garage was pretty dead when we left the game.
7nine
AustinCountyAg
tjholley16 said:

Marvin said:

Marvin's PSA for anyone going to MMP tonight:

• Arrive before 5pm.
  • Go to the team store sometime during the game to avoid Black Friday madness.
  • Caveat to the above comment- the WS gear is not overly impressive.
  • SRO made the concourses a nightmare. Be prepared.
  • If SRO, they took away a lot of in-season standing areas. Many people just watched the TV's in the concourses. Also, security in our area was not allowing SRO along the walkways in the upper decks.

Some of those were negatives, but it was still a blast. Enjoy the experience!

all of this!

Last night I got to the area around the stadium at 5:30, didn't get into my seat until 6:50. It was a madhouse. The team store line was about 20-30 mins long before and after the game.
I agree about the team store. Nothing stood out, and yes it was packed. FWIW I bought an Altuve world series jersey at Fanzz in the mall before we went to the game. Plenty of jerseys in stock and no lines
dshedd41
S
Speaking of Altuve, I'll be there tonight, rocking my Altuve jersey so the boys better win tonight.
In fact, last game I went to they won when I wore my jersey
Gig’em Aggies!
crowman2010
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

crowman2010 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Quote:

Thankfully that hasn't happened during the playoffs this year and will not. There was as big concert at Toyota center during game 5 of the ALDS, but still the Garage was pretty dead when we left the game.
Happened to me in 2017 ALCS game 1...SUCKED HARDCORE!
mwm
It may have already been mentioned, but we lost game #1 of the ALCS then won three in a row on our way to winning the series.

Beat the gnats.
tjack16
AG
did anybody else get double charged by the Astros on their tickets? I got charged twice... one is still "pending" which means it could go away but its still annoying to not have that money in my account.
McInnis
AG
astros4545 said:

So now we know what George was thinking when he stood at the plate and watched that ball instead of running as hard as he could to first base.
crowman2010
AG
Safe at Home said:

astros4545 said:

So now we know what George was thinking when he stood at the plate and watched that ball instead of running as hard as he could to first base.
Yep...definitely wasn't "Better bust my ass to third base so I can be in scoring position for a 1 out pop up by Tuve..."
07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
rgt99
pretty cool to see Joe Buck has a sense of humor
Texaggie7nine
rgt99 said:

pretty cool to see Joe Buck has a sense of humor
When his Twitter handle has been "I love all teams EXCEPT yours." for awhile, you know he finds it all funny.
7nine
mm98
AG
Deluxe said:

Texaggie7nine said:

You think the sinker/slider matchup is better than the FB? I might agree with you.
annie88
AG
Just win.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Ag_07
AG
I've heard him on some different podcasts and he has a great sense of humor.

He understands how and why fans react the way they do to him and he takes it in stride.

Joe Buck isn't as bad as everyone thinks he is. He's a good guy and yes he is good at what he does or he wouldn't keep getting the call to broadcast the biggest sporting events in the world.
Agnzona
Yep, hitting with RISP even in the regular season is more mental than random. In the playoffs it is intensified, like everything else.
astros4545
AG
Agnzona said:

Yep, hitting with RISP even in the regular season is more mental than random. In the playoffs it is intensified, like everything else.

Alvarez was hitting .625 with bases loaded before last night

I'm gonna say that is random and we won't continue hitting .625 for his career

FrioAg 00
AG
If you'd told me before the game that we'd have 10 hits and we'd get into their bull pen by the 6th inning, I'd have bet you any amount of money we won the game.

Baseball.
DVC2010
AG
Agnzona said:

There is no evidence to support this assertion.
gigemJTH12
AG
I hate the people on my Facebook feed never shutting up about complaining about Joe Buck, 100000x more than I hate Joe Buck.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Joe Buck can go back to main lining hair plugs

https://amp.si.com/tech-media/2016/10/06/joe-buck-fox-book-hair-plugs-surgery-voice
maca1028
Quote:

the WS gear is not overly impressive

Did they have the gameday hats with the WS patch on the side?
tjack16
AG
maca1028 said:

Quote:

the WS gear is not overly impressive

Did they have the gameday hats with the WS patch on the side?
yes. They had the all navy in both low profile and high crown. They did not have the navy/orange hats with low profile though
W
AG
Hinch needs to have the intentional walk(s) ready to go for Soto
TXAG14
W said:

Hinch needs to have the intentional walk(s) ready to go for Soto

You know how many intentional walks Hinch did all year? Zero. Don't think he will start now.
Frok
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 1758 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.