***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,884 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blue stars all around defensively.
cap-n-jack
+3
Go Rockets!
Stros Schadenfreude
Astros baseball getting fun again
spadilly
S
BALLGAME!
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Buck Compton
AG
Hmmm, interesting technicality. If he would have overrun the base and gone back (which is how we were thinking of it) it would have been a triple. But since he was sliding, it was a double.

Quote:

Rule 10.06(c): When the batter attempts to make a two-base hit or a three-base hit by sliding, he must hold the last base to which he advances. If a batter-runner overslides and is tagged out before getting back to the base safely, he shall be credited with only as many bases as he attained safely. If a batter-runner overslides second base and is tagged out, the official scorer shall credited him with a one-base hit; if the batterrunner overslides third base and is tagged out, the official scorer shall credit him with a two-base hit.

Rule 10.06(c) Comment: If the batter-runner overruns second or third base and is tagged out trying to return, the official scorer shall credit the batter-runner with the last base he touched. If a batterrunner runs past second base after reaching that base on his feet, attempts to return and is tagged out, the official scorer shall credit the batter with a two-base hit. If a batter-runner runs past third base after reaching that base on his feet, attempts to return and is tagged out, the official scorer shall credit the batter with a three-base hit.
Agnzona
Those distinctions make no sense.
DVC2010
AG
There's a lot about scoring that doesn't make sense.
Buck Compton
AG
Completely agree.

My only thought is that in that case that the only way you could get safely to that base was to go in too hard and slide through the base, you wouldn't deserve that base just by going too hard in.

I think it should be a judgement call (Springer was really a triple, and would have been safe with a normal slide).
TREX01
Springer never established himself as safe at 3rd base. Its a double.
dshedd41
S
Who's going to the game tonight? My dad and I will be there!
Gig’em Aggies!
n_touch
Latest on Dallas. "Dallas Keuchel knows what he's worth and will not settle"

If he really wanted to pitch hewould be out there doing so. He still would have been paid millions this year to play a game, maybe not the amount he wanted, but a hell of a lot more than most people make.
Frok
AG
Do not want. I seriously doubt he will be an effective pitcher for much longer. He's more interested in whining about the system than playing ball. I don't even think Scott Boras agrees with what he is doing.
Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

"I lead the ship," he said. "Scott will give me information in general. He gives me necessary information for me to make a knowledgeable decision on my future. And if it were up to him I would probably be signed at this point. He wants me out there throwing, pitching, and putting up stats that are quality major league stats. I told him no on numerous deals because it's about principle. It's about fair market value. And I wasn't getting that.
Hulla Baller
AG
n_touch said:

If he really wanted to pitch hewould be out there doing so. He still would have been paid millions this year to play a game, maybe not the amount he wanted, but a hell of a lot more than most people make.
Please keep this guy far away from our team. We don't need someone with that attitude like that in the locker room.
n_touch
Quote:

And if it were up to him I would probably be signed at this point
Yep cause right now you are not a paying client, you are just someone taking up his time and whining that you are "getting" what you are worth. Welcome the real world, YOU ARE ONLY WORTH WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY, and as of today you are worth about the same amount as me when it comes to being amajor league pitcher.
cap-n-jack
Acting like a martyr for millionaire ball players isn't going to endure you to us Joe Sixpack fans. Stay away from our team Dallas.
Harry Dunne
My biggest concerns going into the season were:

1. Correa is toast physically and will not return to MVP level.
2. The Wade Miley reclamation project won't go nearly as well as the Chuck Morton or Colin McHugh ones.
3. 2018 Reddick is what he is going to be from here on out.
4. Chirinos is not an everyday guy and the C platoon is going to be a weak spot.

I felt good about:

1. JV and Cole
2. Bullpen
3. All position players not mentioned above. I was bullish as always about Beluga White. I thought when Reddick struggled, Kemp would end up getting starter ABs and be very solid as a placeholder for the AAA guys.
4. I felt that McHugh and Peacock would silence doubters and felt great about Framber, James and others stepping up if needed.

It's a long season, but man I whiffed on the majority of that stuff. I'm obviously very happy to be wrong about 100% what I felt bad about. I still think McHugh and Peacock will rebound.
rosco511
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

"I lead the ship," he said. "Scott will give me information in general. He gives me necessary information for me to make a knowledgeable decision on my future. And if it were up to him I would probably be signed at this point. He wants me out there throwing, pitching, and putting up stats that are quality major league stats. I told him no on numerous deals because it's about principle. It's about fair market value. And I wasn't getting that.

Haha, I don't think someone understands the definition of fair market value.
Charlie Conway
n_touch said:

Something is only worth what people will pay for it.

So yeah I don't think he knows what he's worth
Harry Dunne
rosco511 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

That's pretty funny.

In fairness, he wants to be paid what his statistics say he should be getting paid and what guys that have put up similar numbers have been paid. For some reason no one seems to think he will continue to put up those numbers over the long term or he would already be signed. I have a feeling he himself is among those doubters, or else he would have signed the QO with us and silenced the haters.

Either way, it's a very immature perspective to deny that the market sets the FMV and to think that somehow you can pout your way into people changing their minds.
Alex Bregman
AG
rosco511 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

Might be time to rethink your definition of fair market value, Dallas. Almost a quarter of the season is already wrapped up.
Jimtim1216
S
Rangers fan here - sorry if this clutters up y'all's season thread, but I am taking my Dad to the Astros-Rangers game on Thursday and looking for advice on where we should sit. I was thinking of getting tickets in the lower level on the third base side, but wanted to see if y'all had a favorite section/other recommendations in the ballpark to sit? Thanks in advance!
MAROON
AG
rosco511 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

he went to Arkie, so that makes sense
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
MAROON
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Rangers fan here - sorry if this clutters up y'all's season thread, but I am taking my Dad to the Astros-Rangers game on Thursday and looking for advice on where we should sit. I was thinking of getting tickets in the lower level on the third base side, but wanted to see if y'all had a favorite section/other recommendations in the ballpark to sit? Thanks in advance!
honestly anything club level or lower in MMP is fantastic. The cool thing to me about MMP is that you can walk around during the game and see the game for lots of different vantage points, - left field corner, behind the left field wall, the party zone in center, and basically any vantage point behind the field level seats.

My favorite seats are club level though - just for the lack of crowds in the concourse
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
Mathguy64
AG
Keuchel's problem is he believes his worth to be X and teams and GMs have clearly decided his worth is X-(value of a compensatory pick)-(protated lost value this season). Its got to be getting close to where his signable value is half of what it was to start the season.
themissinglink
AG
n_touch said:

Good for him. Congrats on his retirement.
DVC2010
AG
All of this. Club is my favorite. My season seat is in the 300s behind the plate, but I watch as many games from standing room as in my seat.
tjack16
AG
Harry Dunne said:

I'm guessing he's proving you wrong?

Batting .306 with 8 HR and 21 RBI through 35 games
Bregxit
AG
tjholley16 said:

Harry Dunne said:

I'm guessing he's proving you wrong?

Batting .306 with 8 HR and 21 RBI through 35 games

Did you read his entire post or stop at number 1?
tjack16
AG
I did not read the last sentence. My bad. I just never understood the Correa hate or negativity over the offseason. He's proven his worth time and time again, especially in the postseason. But people on here still doubt him.
AstroAggie15
AG
Jimtim1216 said:

Section 107 is the best on the third base line. Seats are angled towards home plate vs parallel to the baseline so you are not turning your head to watch pitches.
Ag_07
AG
tjholley16 said:

I just never understood the Correa hate or negativity over the offseason. He's proven his worth time and time again

No he hasn't. That's why he hasn't been extended and guys like Bregman, Altuve, and JV have.

He's shown flashes and had quite a few question marks coming into this season.

He had a ton to prove and so far he is doing just that. There's nothing wrong with saying that.
Bregxit
AG
tjholley16 said:

I did not read the last sentence. My bad. I just never understood the Correa hate or negativity over the offseason. He's proven his worth time and time again, especially in the postseason. But people on here still doubt him.

I wouldn't say concern over Correa's fragility is "hate" or negativity. Carlos was legitimately broken last year and back problems often times don't just go away.
astros4545
AG
Ag_07 said:

tjholley16 said:

I just never understood the Correa hate or negativity over the offseason. He's proven his worth time and time again

No he hasn't. That's why he hasn't been extended and guys like Bregman, Altuve, and JV have.

He's shown flashes and had quite a few question marks coming into this season.

He had a ton to prove and so far he is doing just that. There's nothing wrong with saying that.

To be fair, the Astros would extend him today if Correa would agree to it
First Page Last Page
Page 173 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.