***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,147 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy **** I may can go to game 4 in Washington DC. I'm a high school football coach so the logistics of this they're going to be tight. Does anyone know if flying into BWI to go to a Nats game is a total disaster or not?
Sid Farkas
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Front row in 411 for $800 a piece after fees. Flying in from LA for game 2!
Good man. Represent LA for me Mr Fry.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Do we have home field in the world series?
jetch17
AG
I'm looking at flights into Reagan since I can burn SW points easily
SquirrellyDan
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Not sure if serious
McInnis
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

Username does not check out.
astros4545
AG
Mr.Bond
AG
Where's the good Samaritan who bought a lot of us championship hats 2 years ago?? I'm in again!!
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

SquirrellyDan
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Holy **** I may can go to game 4 in Washington DC. I'm a high school football coach so the logistics of this they're going to be tight. Does anyone know if flying into BWI to go to a Nats game is a total disaster or not?

Depends on when you get there. Rush hour wouldn't be fun but not unlike IAH into downtown during rush hour.
maca1028
Do we like Gardner now?
Mr.Bond
AG
astros4545 said:

Nooooooooooo. I HATE them. Don't make me reconsider
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

SquirrellyDan
AG
astros4545 said:

I have to admit, I'm guilty of judging a book by its cover. Gardner looks like he'd be a complete ass. Glad that's not the case, classy move.

ETA: Gardner looks like that guy you won't bring out to the bars because he gets too aggressive after three vodka cranberries.
Liquid Wrench
irish pete ag06 said:

Logistically it's easy, you just have to give yourself a couple of hours to take the Amtrak from BWI and switch to the subway at union station. Or maybe uber, never tried it there though.
Post removed:
by user
EastCoastAgNc
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Depends on when you get there. Rush hour wouldn't be fun but not unlike IAH into downtown during rush hour.
The closest airport to the park is Reagan (5 miles). Southwest usually has a non-stop between there and hobby. I'm not in the area, but I know people who are and they say traffic is horrific between baltimore and DC, so if you want the least hassle, go with Reagan.
irish pete ag06
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

SquirrellyDan said:

irish pete ag06 said:

The closest airport to the park is Reagan (5 miles). Southwest usually has a non-stop between there and hobby. I'm not in the area, but I know people who are and they say traffic is horrific between baltimore and DC, so if you want the least hassle, go with Reagan.
My window is so small, I ended up booking this one to Reagan.
gambochaman
AG
Is there a dugout reaction video of the moment altuve hit it?
Liquid Wrench
third coast.. said:

Mr.Bond said:

Where's the good Samaritan who bought a lot of us championship hats 2 years ago?? I'm in again!!

That was bust up and idk where he went.
He's probably had literally dozens of accounts since 2017.
aTm2004
AG
Dammit. I have to respect that guy now...and he easily has the most punchable face on their roster.
n_touch
He didn't follow through?
MOCO9
AG
I can't wait to see the DQ Ballpark Cam footage
Cromagnum
AG
aTm2004 said:

Dammit. I have to respect that guy now...and he easily has the most punchable face on their roster.

Just wait, Soto will make you forget all about Judge.
Bonfired
AG
n_touch said:

He didn't follow through?

He did. I was one of the lucky winners.
astros4545
AG
Cromagnum said:

aTm2004 said:

He will make us long for the days of Carlos Gomez and Yaisel Puig
bearkatag15
AG

I guess Correa didn't learn the last time?
Post removed:
by user
JABQ04
AG
maca1028 said:

Do we like Gardner now?

No.

But he did get bumped down a few spots on the punchable faces list.
Mathguy64
AG
At least its a dude doing the massage. Its a start.
AggiEE
mathguy86 said:

At least its a dude doing the massage. Its a start.

Twist: maybe it always was

How else do you explain a broken rib?
Frok
AG
Spadilly?

aTm2004
AG
Cromagnum said:

aTm2004 said:

Talking about Gardner.
MAT
AG
txag614 said:

**** you Osuna!!

I think Osuna got the Win?
AgsMyDude
AG
Ag_07 said:

That's the best play

If you don't get any then you go to a bar downtown and that's essentially SRO without the price tag.

Those prices for SRO are ridiculous. I get paying whatever and not having a budget to get a seat. But to stand? F that noise. I would absolutely have a cut off point for that.

I never said it was a bad play. And don't really understand the hostile emoji but whatever.
Eso si, Que es
Frok said:

I suck at this, but something is missing from the thread today

[url=https://ibb.co/m66pmFw][/url]
Holy Crap, you are correct

You suck at this

Quote:

Quote:

Off days...

AgsMyDude
AG
Sid Farkas said:

AgsMyDude said:

fullback44 said:

we just got 6 tickets... field box 134 .. $1K each.. for Wed..

standing room only tickets are about $500.. crazy prices

if your looking for cheaper prices, I would wait to right up till game day Tuesday or Wed, I think they will come down some, especially if you just want standing room only.. we didn't want to risk not getting any
I'd be coming from out of town to waiting until day of might be a bit risky for me
Yeah. If you're traveling in, you don't have a lot of options...realistically you gotta buy game one or two in advance and plan your travel around that...that way you're guaranteed to see a game.

Stros were away team in '05 and '17. I travelled to H-town for game 4 for both of them since those would be guaranteed games...(total bust in '05 and they lost in '17, one game shy of glorious game 5). Sadly Im going sit this one out - if I travel to Tx theses days it's to see my aging parents in Austin

Edit: fwiw I ran the numbers on flying in for last nites game...I coulda done it for under a grand. Wishing now I had done it

Unfortunately it's impossible for me to get into down any time before game 6 otherwise I'd definitely already have game 1 tix purchased.
First Page Last Page
Page 1681 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.