***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,781 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Diyala Nick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was on a sort of field trip in New York while a student at A&M when some local NY dude ends of talking trash to some guy in our group from A&M while out at a bar.

Long story short, New York guy says the wrong thing and gets knocked the f out, much to his surprise.

They talk a lot.
annie88
AG
Cromagnum said:

Ciboag96 said:

It takes a pretty big chode to throw beer on someone while they are busy pissing. I wish more of these *******s would get their teeth bashed in.
With the exception that he probably would've got his ass beat he just should've turned around and Peed on them.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Only have one experience with YANKEES fans and it was win I went to a game when I was 10. We were there visiting and my parents took me to the original yankee stadium and this poor twins fan got destroyed. The fans chanting ass hole ass hole the entire time and throwing popcorn. Still remember it to this day
Sid Farkas
AG
willie wonka said:

annie88 said:

NSFW

Stay classy New York!

Great child-rearing here.

#Astros
#NYYankees
#wetookitback
#WorldSeriesBound
#Yankeescansuckit

The kid with the sigh and then the all serious disclaimer that this was not going to be family friendly.

What makes it double funny is he's going all gangsta and talking trash in his New York Yankee PJs his mom probably bought him for Christmas.
Sweet kid
AgsMyDude
AG
Where is the best shot at getting into the building for game 6? I know I'll have to pay out the ass but SRO on the secondary market is $400?
JYDog90
AG
I find it funny that "Sid Farkas" is calling out that kid.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Sid Farkas
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Where is the best shot at getting into the building for game 6? I know I'll have to pay out the ass but SRO on the secondary market is $400?
I recall SRO's being about twice that in '17

It's worth paying 40% more to have a seat that will be there when u get back from buying a beer or taking a leak
jetch17
AG
AgsMyDude said:

It'll all be much higher than that if it gets back home to game 6 or 7
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Ciboag96 said:

That's assault.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Sid Farkas
AG
willie wonka said:

I find it funny that "Sid Farkas" is calling out that kid.
What's funny is an adult who calls himself Willie Wonka. Take it to OR
AgsMyDude
AG
Sid Farkas said:

AgsMyDude said:

I recall SRO's being about twice that in '17

It's worth paying 40% more to have a seat that will be there when u get back from buying a beer or taking a leak

Was closer to $500 looking at it again. 1st base line top deck $600 after taxes so you're right probably worth the extra to get a seat.
fullback44
AG
we just got 6 tickets... field box 134 .. $1K each.. for Wed..

standing room only tickets are about $500.. crazy prices

if your looking for cheaper prices, I would wait to right up till game day Tuesday or Wed, I think they will come down some, especially if you just want standing room only.. we didn't want to risk not getting any
Cromagnum
AG
She mad. Nvmnd. This was 2018
Mr.Bond
AG
Sid Farkas said:

willie wonka said:

annie88 said:

NSFW

Stay classy New York!

Great child-rearing here.

#Astros
#NYYankees
#wetookitback
#WorldSeriesBound
#Yankeescansuckit

The kid with the sigh and then the all serious disclaimer that this was not going to be family friendly.

What makes it double funny is he's going all gangsta and talking trash in his New York Yankee PJs his mom probably bought him for Christmas.
Sweet kid

If we don't get Gerrit Cole I'm gonna ****ing kill my self...

1 minute later.....
**** GERRIT COLE
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ryan34
AG
Sex Panther said:

jr15aggie said:

Anybody care to give a brief scouting report on the Nationals. I know little about them.

The Stros are going to be heavy favorites, but the Nats are nothing to sleep on. They have great starting pitching, probably the best outside of Houston and LA, and Soto and Rendon are a force in the middle of the lineup. Plus they are peaking at the right time.

Yep, but if the Astros are patient and have good ABs, they should get to the Nats' very bad bullpen often. When the Astros laid off the balls out of the zone and pitcher's pitches, the Yankees' pitchers had to throw a lot of pitches per inning. Keep doing that and we'll take home another World Series.
JYDog90
AG
Dude it's a joke.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Sid Farkas
AG
willie wonka said:

Dude it's a joke.
Yeah...hahaha me too
aTm2004
AG
Diyala Nick said:

I was on a sort of field trip in New York while a student at A&M when some local NY dude ends of talking trash to some guy in our group from A&M while out at a bar.

Long story short, New York guy says the wrong thing and gets knocked the f out, much to his surprise.

They talk a lot.

I went through a management training program early in my career at my previous company, and one of the guys in the class was fresh from college and grew up in Brooklyn. The first meeting together was in Houston, and as we were going out that night, he said in his cocky NY accent "I'm going to go punch a cowboy and say 'I'm from NY mother****er!'" Another guy in the group from California told him "find a guy whose wrestled cattle or thrown hay his whole life, and he'll laugh off your punch and then break your jaw." Yankees eyes got real big and he shut his mouth.
Poke_the_Bear
AG
W said:

so how many players are going for their second ring with the Astros this week?:

Altuve
Bregman
Correa
Reddick
Springer
Yuli
Jake

JV
Harris
Peacock

and a few guys that are injured / inactive. Shows how the roster was built (or whom it was built around)

Tyler "the Great" White
JYDog90
AG
Forgive me if y'all saw this already.

Correa threw that ball to 1st at 95mph.

Formerly Willy Wonka
agsquirrel97
AG
Poke_the_Bear said:

W said:

so how many players are going for their second ring with the Astros this week?:

Altuve
Bregman
Correa
Reddick
Springer
Yuli
Jake

JV
Harris
Peacock

and a few guys that are injured / inactive. Shows how the roster was built (or whom it was built around)

Tyler "the Great" White
All the guys who started the season with us will get a ring when we win for their regular season contribution.

Tyler
Stassi
Kemp

Plus anyone on IL
McQ

I'm sure I'm missing some, still thick headed from last night
Agnzona
I'm more interested in all the hungry guys looking for their first ring.
irish pete ag06
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

How bout we make a couple rules:

1) no more *****ing about media coverage. It's dumb and helps nothing.

2) no more talk about what happens with cole till this series is over.

Can we, as a group, manage to do these two simple things?
AMEN
McInnis
AG
mathguy86 said:

George thought he was going to make the catch and was shellshocked a bit when he didnt. IMHO he wasn't mad at the fans at all and given our stupidity in the stands I was happy to see everyone kept their hands to themselves.

This brings up an interesting point. If a fan had interfered with George, would the umps have called LeMahieu out? I'm not aware that fan interference is dependent on whose fan does the interfering, but do the umps take that into account (in reality?). It really wouldn't seem fair in this case. I remember last year Bregman got cheated out of a homer in Denver by an idiot that reached over the fence and touched a fly ball of his, but as luck would have it he was wearing an Astros jersey.
n_touch
Starting to work on the layout for a possible plaque. Any suggestions? Should I go with something new or similar to the one before?
Ag_07
AG
Here something interesting...

There are only 2 pitchers on this ALCS roster that were also on the 2017 Opening Day roster.

Brad Peacock and Will Harris

That to me is amazing. The brilliance of Jeff Luhnow at work.
Sid Farkas
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Nuke LaLoosh said:

How bout we make a couple rules:

1) no more *****ing about media coverage. It's dumb and helps nothing.

2) no more talk about what happens with cole till this series is over.

Can we, as a group, manage to do these two simple things?
AMEN
Sorry. Can't promise to comply...specially on the first point. shouldnt be a huge issue anymore due to Nats not being a treasured historic team or baseball market like Yankees...but I expect a **** ton of semi-baseball-literate DC types on cable news, etc hyping their baby sharks or whatever tf that stupid meme is.

Imma call em out
JDUB08AG
AG
Ag_07 said:

Here something interesting...

There are only 2 pitchers on this ALCS roster that were also on the 2017 Opening Day roster.

Brad Peacock and Will Harris

That to me is amazing. The brilliance of Jeff Luhnow at work.
AgsMyDude
AG
fullback44 said:

if your looking for cheaper prices, I would wait to right up till game day Tuesday or Wed, I think they will come down some, especially if you just want standing room only.. we didn't want to risk not getting any

I'd be coming from out of town to waiting until day of might be a bit risky for me
Ag_07
AG
That's the best play

If you don't get any then you go to a bar downtown and that's essentially SRO without the price tag.

Those prices for SRO are ridiculous. I get paying whatever and not having a budget to get a seat. But to stand? F that noise. I would absolutely have a cut off point for that.
Sid Farkas
AG
AgsMyDude said:

fullback44 said:

I'd be coming from out of town to waiting until day of might be a bit risky for me
Yeah. If you're traveling in, you don't have a lot of options...realistically you gotta buy game one or two in advance and plan your travel around that...that way you're guaranteed to see a game.

Stros were away team in '05 and '17. I travelled to H-town for game 4 for both of them since those would be guaranteed games...(total bust in '05 and they lost in '17, one game shy of glorious game 5). Sadly Im going sit this one out - if I travel to Tx theses days it's to see my aging parents in Austin

Edit: fwiw I ran the numbers on flying in for last nites game...I coulda done it for under a grand. Wishing now I had done it
agdaddy04
AG
Trust this man... was on a work assignment in Michigan for games 1-4 of '05 and was traveling back to Houston because had tickets to game 5.

When we found out our 2nd kid was being born in October '17 thought I may miss out again. Daughter was born in between games 2 and 3. Wife had a friend come up to the hospital and she let me go to the game.

Unfortunately we're in Colorado now, so doesn't look like it's in the cards to make it to a game.

If you have the chance, go. You don't know if another opportunity will come around.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Game 2, here I come! Missed it 2017 but will not make that mistake again
McInnis
AG
In 2017 I made the trip from Wyoming so my son and I could see game three. Paid $800 to sit in the next to the top row in section 405. That was the Yuli/Darvish game. It was very well worth the price, memories for a lifetime. I'll probably never do it again, so glad I took the opportunity.
Philip J Fry
AG
Front row in 411 for $800 a piece after fees. Flying in from LA for game 2!
First Page Last Page
Page 1680 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.