***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,665 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

I logged on to offer a way-too-early overreaction, but I see the stampede has already started! Haha.

Here's mine. I watched Diaz in spring training, and now a couple of games in Tampa. Straight up worthless so far. If he was supposed to be Marwin's replacement, well he can't carry Marwin's jock strap.

There a guy with a dinger last game and a double tonight who was Marwins actual replacement in LF.

Does Brantley play first, third and short? I thought Diaz was signed to be the "utility" replacement part of Marwin's role. No?

Correct. I guess Jeff should have found another former all star short stop to be our utility player.

Did you not notice the tongue in cheek preface to my original Diaz post? Don't get all high and mighty just yet. Pace yourself, it's a long season!
Farmer1906
AG
Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

Farmer1906 said:

Marvin said:

I logged on to offer a way-too-early overreaction, but I see the stampede has already started! Haha.

Here's mine. I watched Diaz in spring training, and now a couple of games in Tampa. Straight up worthless so far. If he was supposed to be Marwin's replacement, well he can't carry Marwin's jock strap.

There a guy with a dinger last game and a double tonight who was Marwins actual replacement in LF.

Does Brantley play first, third and short? I thought Diaz was signed to be the "utility" replacement part of Marwin's role. No?

Correct. I guess Jeff should have found another former all star short stop to be our utility player.

Did you not notice the tongue in cheek preface to my original Diaz post? Don't get all high and mighty just yet. Pace yourself, it's a long season!

No I was just skimming.
Marvin
AG
Well here's another way-too-early overreaction...

Break up the Mariners!
wangus12
AG
Well 161-1 ain't that bad
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Hinch blew the fk outta that one.

Now that this season is basically over, who are the free agents we can shoot for in the offseason to make a run in 2020?
ChAg1799
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Hinch blew the fk outta that one.

Now that this season is basically over, who are the free agents we can shoot for in the offseason to make a run in 2020?

Hahaha
Marvin
AG
Marvin said:

Well here's another way-too-early overreaction...

Break up the Mariners!

Edit: never mind, Sox woke up. Mariners suck again.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Last night just makes me more mad at correa.

Hot take: Correa isn't really hurt, but sitting out these games in protest of not being offered a contract extension.
agproducer
AG
I'm glad I didn't catch the game yesterday. I probably would have been pissed off.

On a side note for those who stream-- are you having issues with the MLB.tv blackout this year? I've been using overplay for Smart DNS for the last two years and this year it isn't working. I contacted overplay and they say MLB is actively blocking VPN and Smart DNS sites. They are also working on a solution.

So, I'm looking at Reddit streams. Those who do it, how are you getting the streams to your TVs? I have rokus all around in my house. Is there a particular channel or setting you use?
McInnis
AG
Well if the Astros had to lose one game of this series I'm glad it was last night. Maybe not resigning Charlie was the right move, but I sure miss him being part of our team. I can't help feeling happy for him to get a great contract.
iBrad
AG
Charlie is still a good pitcher. I think our front office just had concerns about his durability over an entire season and especially over two seasons. He's worth the risk at $7M per season. At $15M, he gets a little pricey, considering the other extensions we were handing out.

At the end of the year, we'll know if Luhnow made the right call on Morton.
rosco511
AG
agproducer said:

I'm glad I didn't catch the game yesterday. I probably would have been pissed off.

On a side note for those who stream-- are you having issues with the MLB.tv blackout this year? I've been using overplay for Smart DNS for the last two years and this year it isn't working. I contacted overplay and they say MLB is actively blocking VPN and Smart DNS sites. They are also working on a solution.

So, I'm looking at Reddit streams. Those who do it, how are you getting the streams to your TVs? I have rokus all around in my house. Is there a particular channel or setting you use?

I'm glad you posted this because I have not been able to get the streaming to work with Overplay this year. I was thinking about giving one of the other smart DNS services a try.
irish pete ag06
AG
agproducer said:

Yes. It's been brutal. I'm now considering splitting a Fubo subscription with my dad.

The damn MLB is probably figuring out how to once again keep us from their product. Genius!
agdaddy04
AG
Anyone tried out fubo yet? I've been holding out hope that dtvnow would finally get it because of at&t but that doesn't seem to be happening.
McInnis
AG
Quote:

Charlie is still a good pitcher. I think our front office just had concerns about his durability over an entire season and especially over two seasons.
I think that was it too, but he would make a pretty good middle reliever. He proved that during the 2017 post season. Knowing how small Charlie's ego seems to be, he would probably have accepted that.
irish pete ag06
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Anyone tried out fubo yet? I've been holding out hope that dtvnow would finally get it because of at&t but that doesn't seem to be happening.
That is just mind boggling to me that directvnow doesn't have it.
07ag
AG
Safe at Home said:

Quote:

Charlie is still a good pitcher. I think our front office just had concerns about his durability over an entire season and especially over two seasons.
I think that was it too, but he would make a pretty good middle reliever. He proved that during the 2017 post season. Knowing how small Charlie's ego seems to be, he would probably have accepted that.
yea, but tampa was willing to give him 30 million (maybe 45), so i see why he signed there
07ag
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

agproducer said:

Yes. It's been brutal. I'm now considering splitting a Fubo subscription with my dad.

The damn MLB is probably figuring out how to once again keep us from their product. Genius!
it's definitely easier to find a non-legit stream of the game, so until they figure this out they'll continue to shoot themselves in the foot

i pay for xfinity, yet if i want to watch an afternoon game at work it won't let me (says i have to be on my home wifi). so, hello r/mlbstreams
07ag
AG
agproducer said:

back when i was a cord cutter, i ran a hdmi cable from computer to tv as a 'second monitor' and it worked fine,, the only thing was that the audio was through computer speakers
dshedd41
S
Happy Birthday A-Breg!
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
This is best stream I've used for streaming games via Reddit
http://bilasport.net/
Gig’em Aggies!
ChAg1799
AG
Nuke LaLoosh said:

Last night just makes me more mad at correa.

Hot take: Correa isn't really hurt, but sitting out these games in protest of not being offered a contract extension.

Sounds a lot like Carlos Clowney needs to pull his head out of his arse and get back on the field...
cap-n-jack
agdaddy04 said:

We are using it. Lots on content on there too.
You can get a 7 day free trial I believe.
tjack16
AG
Corbin Martin vs Tyler Ivey tonight down in Corpus.
W
AG
injury news from the Angels...Justin Upton (already on the disabled list) is expected to be out 8 to 12 weeks (~ 2 months) with a turf toe injury. Making $18 MM this season.

however the 'stros only play LAAA twice between now and June 1st

Mathguy64
AG
How in the world does a baseball player get turf toe?
Farmer1906
AG

Shuffling
. . .
. . .
rosco511
AG
rosco511 said:

agproducer said:

I'm glad you posted this because I have not been able to get the streaming to work with Overplay this year. I was thinking about giving one of the other smart DNS services a try.
Unlocator smart DNS works!!!
Teddy Perkins
AG
Bregman Birthday Bomb!

irish pete ag06
AG
. . . said:

But you're phocked on fubo. How lovely.
suburban cowboy
AG
Alex Bregman just hit that one out of the ballpark
dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Frok
AG
That was the shortest home run I've seen
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.