***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,487 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
titanmaster_race
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What did supposed wear and tear have to do with last night? He was moving around a lot while receiving the ball, which seems like the opposite of what a tired out catcher would do.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Ag_07 said:

I mentioned it last night but Chirinos had an awful game behind the plate.

That was some of the worst receiving I think I've ever seen by a ML ctacher.

And a question about the mound visits...I thought you weren't charged a mound visit if you got crossed up?
We had a lot of arguments early in the season when a lot of folks were ready to anoint him after his hot start and others of us were worried that he had never played a full season before.

He's always been a great hitter for a catcher, is normally great defensively and is very well-liked in the clubhouse. There's a reason a guy like that gets to age 35 and has never been more than a platoon guy. This year we asked a lot of him and I think the wear and tear is starting to show.

Not making excuses, as he HAS been a black hole at the plate, but he did get hit in his left arm with a bat last night and nailed in the elbow by a HBP.
gougler08
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

yeah if your catcher is solid defensively and is a threat to hit a homer thats really all you can ask for.

anything else is just a bonus.

machete has quietly had a very strong postseason hitting so im glad hes in the lineup tonight.

I don't think he will be...Chirinos is JVs catcher
Beerosch
AG
Safe at Home said:

They said that George and Carlos now hold the record for teammates homering in the same post season games at 6. Pretty impressive as I can think of another pair of teammates that played in a bunch of WS games who had pretty good power, Yankee related.

It's impressive but keep in mind the wild card was introduced in 1994 so anyone playing after then will have more postseason opportunities. You take out the Division Series and their number is 4.
Ag_07
AG
It wasn't just with Pressly.

Dude was all over the place last night flinching and jabbing at balls, and standing up when it wasn't needed (that cost Greinke a strike that was right down the middle and up). It was bad.

I think it was him trying disguise location and then getting to the spot late. Just something he had never done before and he's not agile and quick enough for it to work.

Hoping it settles it down and just catches like he always does tonight for JV.
titanmaster_race
Ag_07 said:

And a question about the mound visits...I thought you weren't charged a mound visit if you got crossed up?

That's a primary reason for a mound visit. I think the only mound visit that doesn't count (other than a pitching change) is when the home plate ump gets beat up by a pitch and the catcher goes to the mound in order to give ump time to walk it off. I could be wrong about that though.

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

yeah if your catcher is solid defensively and is a threat to hit a homer thats really all you can ask for.

anything else is just a bonus.

machete has quietly had a very strong postseason hitting so im glad hes in the lineup tonight.

Machete had two batted balls that I thought were gone in his last start, and I'm still perplexed that they weren't. One got misplayed into a double, and the other was a loud out. Regular season baseballs those are both gone.
Harry Dunne
Yes he might just be slumping at the plate, but I don't think it's a coincidence that he slumped hard this summer after being asked to be "the man" during the season and then had a resurgence when we picked up Machete and his usage decreased dramatically the last couple of months of the season .

I also don't think it's a coincidence that he's struggling now after surpassing his career high at age 35. Also don't think it's a coincidence that Yordan has hit a wall after playing way more baseball than he ever has.

It's a brutally long and mentally and physically difficult season.
WES2006AG
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27853940/how-new-dead-ball-faking-players-fans-even-cameramen
jetch17
AG
wonder what Cheerios' arm is lookin like today - probably sore AF
mazag08
AG
jetch17 said:

wonder what Cheerios' arm is lookin like today - probably sore AF
Like a honey nut cheerio
Cromagnum
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Live look at this guy's reaction the moment Springer went yard

Classic
fullback44
Cromagnum
AG
Frok said:

Chirinos started red hot but settled in to pretty typical career numbers for him.

Career .234 average. He hit .238 this year.

He's got a little pop and will give you the big hit from time to time.

I'm more concerned with his catching arm after catching a bat in the shoulder and a ball in his elbow.
CFTXAG10
AG
Bulldog73
AG
My sister just texted my from NYC with the realization that she was also in LA in November 2017. Maybe we need to start a fund to get her to DC in the next week...
Cromagnum
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Makes sense. Everyone hates the Yankees, even God.
BMX Bandit
Bulldog73 said:

My sister just texted my from NYC with the realization that she was also in LA in November 2017. Maybe we need to start a fund to get her to DC in the next week...

I may have some money for her.

Pictures please.
Teddy Perkins
AG

Yankees with a fresh arm.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggiEE has turned in his lineup card for tonight's game!

agsquirrel97
AG
I thought Chirinos had one of the most important ABs of the night. When he took a 4 or 5 pitch walk to get on in front of Reddick for springers dinger, it was like he was telling everyone how tight the zone was early and started an early snowball on Tanaka.

He sat behind that dish watching Greinke and knew he was gonna get a walk against Tanaka.
Oyster DuPree
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Solid lineup, I'd move Correa up one spot
Philip J Fry
AG
Love the Correa swag this post season. Especially his post game press conference last night.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
I have a feeling this is the last post season we hear about Judge. Tankees are getting restless because he isn't Reggie Jackson. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him traded
Ag_07
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Post of the season right here
bodaciousbood14
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

I have a feeling this is the last post season we hear about Judge. Tankees are getting restless because he isn't Reggie Jackson. Wouldn't be surprised in the least to see him traded
Is Aaron Judge one of the biggest underperformers in the post-season ever?
Bregxit
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Yankees with a fresh arm.
That sucks for CC both in ending his career walking off with an injury and the fact that that injury hurts like hell. It is basically a haflway dislocation where it immediately pops back into the socket. I did that in high school but it was my non-throwing shoulder. I couldn't imagine if it happened while pitching. Ouch!
aggiedata
AG
Hmm. Judge looks guilty

FrioAg 00
AG
He still swings at garbage pitches way too often. Against the elite pitchers in the post season he's just not a difficult out.
mazag08
AG
bodaciousbood14 said:

Forgiven_Ag said:

Is Aaron Judge one of the biggest underperformers in the post-season ever?
I've never really thought he's that good.

Like a lot of players, he hits fastballs fairly well. But against good pitching, he's absolutely terrible only occasionally lucking into a pop up that carries out.
Ag_07
AG
WTF is Boone doing with Stanton?

If he's healthy enough to PH then why is EE still getting meaningful ABs?

If he's not healthy why is still on the roster?

I know he'll loose him for the WS but at this point that won't be an problem.
mwm
Love it. Left him entirely speechless and that's the best condition for a yankee fan to be in.
BMX Bandit
Forgiven_Ag said:

Yeah, no way that happens
gigemJTH12
AG
just noticed Marisnick is 7-21 + 4 walks vs Paxton. OBP is .440.

Reddick is 0-7 with two walks.
First Page Last Page
Page 1587 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.