***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,863 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any chance of getting anything here at the 1:00 ticket release?
pasquale
AG
The Milkman said:

i'm stuck in virtual waiting room
Texaggie7nine
The Milkman said:

ONLY SRO available when I looked at 1
7nine
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Rally Kate loves DP!!! Lest Ducking Go
AggiEE
tjholley16 said:

AggiEE said:

tjholley16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Reddick starting tonight according to Hinch on 790

He should start every game this series honestly

Until he strikes out every AB as usual

Guy had 1 HR and you're ready to place all your chips in that basket

We should play the better pitcher matchup

Tucker is a good sinker hitter and got one of the few hits against Tanaka, I'd rather see him start

I'm not saying that based on the homerun ... I'm saying that based on his postseason experience and that he's a better fielder than Tucker. Especially given tucker hasn't done anything this postseason offensively

Tucker has had a hit and a walk and nearly hit a HR

He hasn't gotten as much playing time as Reddick. Again, outside of the single HR Reddick hasn't shown anything we weren't already expecting.

Also, Tucker is just as good defensively if not better because he's quicker. He hasn't shown any problems in the field
gigemJTH12
AG
never realized Kyle tuckers dad was on Texags
Mathguy64
AG
You need to let this go. Right now Tucker is so amped up hes swinging at balls over his head. Not once but consistently. Saying he should be playing every AB is just nuts. AJ is playing matchups. Reddick had good numbers against Severino. He's 6-16 with 3 2B and a HR. He's also 3-18 with 2 HR against Tanaka.
KC_Ag14
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

never realized Kyle tuckers dad was on Texags
At this point it's borderline obsessive/creepy if he isn't.
AggiEE
mathguy86 said:

You need to let this go. Right now Tucker is so amped up hes swinging at balls over his head. Not once but consistently. Saying he should be playing every AB is just nuts. AJ is playing matchups. Reddick had good numbers against Severino. He's 6-16 with 3 2B and a HR. He's also 3-18 with 2 HR against Tanaka.

I never said every AB

I said that the pitching matchups should drive the decision. Reddick was a good match against Severino....Tucker did well against Tanaka.

Some posters here are for benching Tucker the entire series just because he struck out, not unlike most of Reddick's ABs
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AggiEE said:

Tucker has had a hit and a walk and nearly hit a HR

That should be a stat to track.

"Well Vern, Tucker up now with two outs, did you know he leads the league in near-home runs with 15 this year?"

Don't care if our RFs go 0-for the rest of the series. Reddick is way better on defense and can handle the crowd in RF.
Marvin
AG
pasquale said:

The Milkman said:

i'm stuck in virtual waiting room

Anyone know if that old phone in the Academic Bldg would work for this like it did class registration in 1988?!
Post removed:
by user
gigemJTH12
AG
AggiEE said:

tjholley16 said:

bearkatag15 said:

Reddick starting tonight according to Hinch on 790

He should start every game this series honestly

Until he strikes out every AB as usual

Guy had 1 HR and you're ready to place all your chips in that basket

We should play the better pitcher matchup

Tucker is a good sinker hitter and got one of the few hits against Tanaka, I'd rather see him start

to me thats a positive. He still has another HR left to hit for his other twin baby.
KC_Ag14
AG
AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I never said every AB

I said that the pitching matchups should drive the decision. Reddick was a good match against Severino....Tucker did well against Tanaka.

Some posters here are for benching Tucker the entire series just because he struck out, not unlike most of Reddick's ABs
Look, I really don't dislike Tucker. I know he'll get some more opportunities in this postseason and I genuinely hope he comes through in a big way and vindicates your arguments for him. But his performances this postseason do not warrant him a start over Reddick tonight, and it would take something pretty egregious for that to change going forward IMO.
AggiEE
KC_Ag14 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I never said every AB

Look, I really don't dislike Tucker. I know he'll get some more opportunities in this postseason and I genuinely hope he comes through in a big way and vindicates your arguments for him. But his performances this postseason do not warrant him a start over Reddick tonight, and it would take something pretty egregious for that to change going forward IMO.

One of the only hard hits against Tanaka who shut out almost our entire lineup doesn't warrant a start?
AggiEE
And again, Reddick has had an abysmal post season too
Post removed:
by user
Marvin
AG
AggiEE said:

KC_Ag14 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I never said every AB

One of the only hard hits against Tanaka who shut out almost our entire lineup doesn't warrant a start?

I really don't think you guys are going to change each other's opinions on this one... as my dad would say, more power to you, but it seems like a wasted effort at this point.

Aggie Pharmer
AG
AggiEE said:

KC_Ag14 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I never said every AB

One hard hit; however, other at-bats he was swinging at balls that were in orbit with the ISS. So, no, one hard hit ball doesn't warrant a start.
AggiEE
Aggie Pharmer said:

AggiEE said:

KC_Ag14 said:

AggiEE said:

mathguy86 said:

I never said every AB

One hard hit; however, other at-bats he was swinging at balls that were in orbit with the ISS. So, no, one hard hit ball doesn't warrant a start.

And Reddick's strikeouts were all a minute too late

So from an approach standpoint it's a wash
Beat40
AggiEE said:

And again, Reddick has had an abysmal post season too

Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
third coast.. said:

holy **** can we talk about tickets again?
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
The real question is would Tyler White be having as bad a post season as Yordan
Texaggie7nine
Forgiven_Ag said:

third coast.. said:

Or politics, hell.
7nine
mwm
Okay. I'll let you guys in on a secret. I talked with Jeff L. the other day.

Tucker is the future. Reddick is the now.

Sorry, daddy.
BrokeAssAggie
tjholley16 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

tjholley16 said:

Cynic said:

Can you take the world series ticket talk to the world series ticket thread?

what else would you like to discuss? We can go over the pitching debate for the 100th time in the last 48 hours .... or speculate on wind patterns some more?
Let's discuss Kate Upton and Amy Crawford

best 1-2 punch in the game

My vote is Amy

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Agiee says tucker is hotter than either one and that Kate has ZERO near home runs this year
JYDog90
AG
I somehow accidentally took AggiEE off of ignore. Glad I got that fixed.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Alex Bregman
AG
Anybody know if we have home field advantage if we advance to the World Series?
Farmer1906
AG
Peter Dinklage said:

Anybody know if we have home field advantage if we advance to the World Series?
What's the tiebreaker? Hinch rested too many starters.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
willie wonka said:

I somehow accidentally took AggiEE off of ignore. Glad I got that fixed.
Thanks for reminding me of that function!
n_touch
some games yes, some games no
Oyster DuPree
AG
third coast.. said:

Who do you think people would buy more tickets to see, Tucker or Reddick?
Texaggie7nine
WOO!
7nine
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Forgiven_Ag said:

The real question is would Tyler White be having as bad a post season as Yordan
Very hard question... from a production standpoint, probably identical, but we would have had zero expectations for him anyways... so it's a push.

I don't wish him Ill will but I am so grateful I don't have to watch his stupid gyro swing with his front shoulder completely opening up every AB.
First Page Last Page
Page 1512 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.