***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,839,064 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Deluxe said:

Farmer1906 said:

Start all the lefties

Reddick, Tucker, and Brantly OF
Alvarez at DH
More Carlos us since he's a good Oppo hitter.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd consider letting Reddick hit leadoff too since his bat is so hot.

Also, all of Altuve's HRs have been pull shots this postseason. Do we consider letting Diaz start at 2B today and go the other way?
Not only do we consider it, but its done.

Diaz in

Boom!
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
tjholley16 said:

is standing room only worth it? I've never tried it and since it's week night games I wouldn't be able to get to the stadium super early

Make sure to go with a friend, get there early
Take turns going to bathroom and getting beers while the other saves your spot.

It's kinda a pain but much better views than 4th deck if you can handle it
CFTXAG10
AG
DVC2010 said:

Season ticket holder presale was ridiculous. I couldn't get even a pair of seats anywhere lower than the 400-level.
I was in right at 9am and a couple of games "best available" was 400 level obstructed view
BrokeAssAggie
tjholley16 said:

Cynic said:

Can you take the world series ticket talk to the world series ticket thread?

what else would you like to discuss? We can go over the pitching debate for the 100th time in the last 48 hours .... or speculate on wind patterns some more?
Let's discuss Kate Upton and Amy Crawford

tjack16
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

DVC2010 said:

Season ticket holder presale was ridiculous. I couldn't get even a pair of seats anywhere lower than the 400-level.
I was in right at 9am and a couple of games "best available" was 400 level obstructed view
I wonder why they don't just let season ticket holders get their normal seats? If they don't claim them, then they go on sale to the public.
Bulldog73
AG
I'm rooting like hell for us tonight, but it's gonna be a really tough one. Not only did Tanaka shut us down last time, but his home/road splits suggest that he'll be even better tonight. Of course, it's the playoffs and we've "stolen all of their signs", but this is a tough one. It's why I half heartedly said yesterday I might just make this the bullpen game.
tjack16
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

tjholley16 said:

Cynic said:

Can you take the world series ticket talk to the world series ticket thread?

what else would you like to discuss? We can go over the pitching debate for the 100th time in the last 48 hours .... or speculate on wind patterns some more?
Let's discuss Kate Upton and Amy Crawford

best 1-2 punch in the game

My vote is Amy
DVC2010
AG
tjholley16 said:

is standing room only worth it? I've never tried it and since it's week night games I wouldn't be able to get to the stadium super early

It's great during the regular season.
DVC2010
AG
tjholley16 said:

CFTXAG10 said:

DVC2010 said:

I wonder why they don't just let season ticket holders get their normal seats? If they don't claim them, then they go on sale to the public.

They do. Season ticket holders also get to buy additional seats.
Deluxe
AG
Great minds think alike! Unfortunately #hinched will probably overthink these obvious changes and keep the lineup mostly the same as game 3.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
third coast.. said:

tjholley16 said:

I love SRO. can get a decent spot and great views. Much better than upper deck seats imo
Me too and it's a cholo party most of the time
Big Al 1992
AG
That's why this game is huge. Win tonight, Astros will go to the World Series. No way Jankees win 3 in a row - 2 of those are JV and Cole.

Don't win - rest of series is a toss up.

Let's go!!!!!!
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Wow, StubHub has a $137 service fee on 1 ticket priced at $550. That's just stupid!

I'm willing to pay $550 for 1 ticket, if I have to, but I'm not paying a $137 service fee.
07ag
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

tjholley16 said:

Make sure to go with a friend, get there early
Take turns going to bathroom and getting beers while the other saves your spot.

It's kinda a pain but much better views than 4th deck if you can handle it
this, get there when the gates open, stake out a spot, go with a friend, or do a good job making new friends,, did sro for 2017 alcs game 7 and had a good time
https://ts.la/eric59704
Marvin
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

That's why this game is huge. Win tonight, Astros will go to the World Series. No way Jankees win 3 in a row - 2 of those are JV and Cole.

Don't win - rest of series is a toss up.

Let's go!!!!!!

Totally agree. If Greinke comes through........
spadilly
S
And I just got the "unfortunately you were not selected for the WS presale" email from the Astros.
Marvin
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Wow, StubHub has a $137 service fee on 1 ticket priced at $550. That's just stupid!

I'm willing to pay $550 for 1 ticket, if I have to, but I'm not paying a $137 service fee.

Would you pay $700 with no service fee?
Post removed:
by user
crowman2010
AG
For which game?
Mr.Bond
AG
spadilly said:

And I just got the "unfortunately you were not selected for the WS presale" email from the Astros.

Same here. I kind of figured when I heard other people getting emails 2 days ago that I wasn't selected
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

agsquirrel97
AG
DVC2010 said:

tjholley16 said:

I had SRO tickets in 2018. During ALDS we were first in and sat in stools in front of Torchy's bar. Great seats but 7 hours I was there ran up an expensive bar tab but it was fun. During ALCS they had removed those stools and you could only stand, so we ended up standing for 7 hours by the bar (3 hours pregame and 4-hour game). I told my wife never again during playoffs when you must arrive very early or not see the field at all.

Plus, I hate being hovered over, and people continue to encroach on you due to the very limited decent SRO spots.

Best SRO spots - Torchy's deck and outfield stairs area, stairs by bullpen until they run you off, gas pump, St. Arnolds left field area behind section 105/Crawford boxes.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
Marvin said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Not for 400 level seats. But that's beside the point. What added service are they offering for this ticket to justify a $137 service fee when I only get charged a $10 service fee for regular games?

I"m not *****ing about the ticket prices, it's the outrageous service fees that StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc.. charge.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
crowman2010 said:

For which game?
Game 1
crowman2010
AG
Shoot me an email. I got 1 for game 1 in sec 104
Crowag2010 at Yahoo
jetch17
AG
Marvin said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

not for an early game, but yes for a seat in a potential title clinch.
Marvin
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

DVC2010 said:

tjholley16 said:

I had SRO tickets in 2018. During ALDS we were first in and sat in stools in front of Torchy's bar. Great seats but 7 hours I was there ran up an expensive bar tab but it was fun. During ALCS they had removed those stools and you could only stand, so we ended up standing for 7 hours by the bar (3 hours pregame and 4-hour game). I told my wife never again during playoffs when you must arrive very early or not see the field at all.

Plus, I hate being hovered over, and people continue to encroach on you due to the very limited decent SRO spots.

Best SRO spots - Torchy's deck and outfield stairs area, stairs by bullpen until they run you off, gas pump, St. Arnolds left field area behind section 105/Crawford boxes.

Best spot in the ALCS so far for me has been on the main concourse in the 123-125 area. Stand just to the right of the cameras, past the column. You can't see the scoreboard because of the overhang, but the view is otherwise perfect. My only issue was losing track of the count on occasion. I had to pull up the box score and follow along on my phone.
Eso si, Que es
third coast.. said:

yep. the amount of the service fee being tied to the price of the ticket is so gd stupid.
Someone already said we can't talk politics here, and yet you are complaining about a progressive tax system!!!!

watch out!
Marvin
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

Marvin said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Not for 400 level seats. But that's beside the point. What added service are they offering for this ticket to justify a $137 service fee when I only get charged a $10 service fee for regular games?

I"m not *****ing about the ticket prices, it's the outrageous service fees that StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc.. charge.

I hear ya. I had trouble swallowing the fees to watch the ALDS and they weren't that high.
Marvin
AG
Marvin said:

agsquirrel97 said:

DVC2010 said:

tjholley16 said:

Best spot in the ALCS so far for me has been on the main concourse in the 123-125 area. Stand just to the right of the cameras, past the column. You can't see the scoreboard because of the overhang, but the view is otherwise perfect. My only issue was losing track of the count on occasion. I had to pull up the box score and follow along on my phone.

Plus, that's a lucky spot- I watched Correa walk it off from there!
DVC2010
AG
Marvin said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

Marvin said:

Aggie Pharmer said:

I hear ya. I had trouble swallowing the fees to watch the ALDS and they weren't that high.

On top of all that, they are double-dipping. They take a cut from the seller too.
Aggie Pharmer
AG
crowman2010 said:

Crowag2010 at Yahoo
Done and Thanks
Marvin
AG
Aggie Pharmer said:

crowman2010 said:

Crowag2010 at Yahoo
Done and Thanks

A lot of good Ags on here, publicized and not.
First Page Last Page
Page 1510 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.