***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,114 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
bearkatag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DVC2010 said:

Season ticket holder presale was ridiculous. I couldn't get even a pair of seats anywhere lower than the 400-level.
So safe to say the 12pm presale will be SRO only?
BrokeAssAggie

TexAg91
AG
Yes. Corners in 400s were only seats available for $270 each.
jetch17
AG
not terrible if youre just looking to be in the building ... of course anything good will probably be $1k+ on secondary
Texaggie7nine
TexAg91 said:

Yes. Corners in 400s were only seats available for $270 each.
Well that sucks. I'm on the presale at 10. Was hoping for closer to middle 400.
7nine
Post removed:
by user
DVC2010
AG
It's possible that they are reserving some for later sessions. It's also possible that you could find individual seats in better parts of the park.
07ag
AG
DVC2010 said:

It's possible that they are reserving some for later sessions. It's also possible that you could find individual seats in better parts of the park.
pretty sure they also hold some back, trying to convince people to sign up for 2020 season tickets to guarantee world series tix
https://ts.la/eric59704
Marvin
AG
Anthony, you are my wife's hero... and mine!

* end of crypic message *

(and no Rule 1)

Nuke LaLoosh
AG
If anyone can somehow get any extra tickets anywhere to any game... let me know
gigemJTH12
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Well suited to deal with Yankee hecklers.

Well that .189 BA in 30 games there says otherwise.

But yes better suited than Tucker who looks like a deer in the headlights at home in MMP.

Guess it's all relative at this point.
would you believe me if I told you Reddick has our highest BA against Severino?

5-11
3 doubles

maybe theres something there.
I posted this before last game and it worked out.

today I am posting some stats from one of our guys vs Tanaka...

5-12
3 doubles

Robinson Chirinos. Take this information for whatever you would like.
Cromagnum
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Lots of Astros being accused of cheating/sign stealing on the radio today. This tweet had me rolling

tjack16
AG
third coast.. said:

They cut the amount of tickets allowed in half but sold out faster. That's crazy.
and I bet there will be a lot available for 500+ on stubhub in about 2 hours because people just want a quick turnaround
Farmer1906
AG
Frok said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Wind is going to be blowing hard out of the West. I am guessing we will see lots of runs tonight.

That means blowing out toward right field right?

Start all the lefties

Reddick, Tucker, and Brantly OF
Alvarez at DH
More Carlos us since he's a good Oppo hitter.

gigemJTH12
AG
yeah lets bench Springer for Tucker!
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Start all the lefties

Reddick, Tucker, and Brantly OF
Alvarez at DH
More Carlos us since he's a good Oppo hitter.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'd consider letting Reddick hit leadoff too since his bat is so hot.

Also, all of Altuve's HRs have been pull shots this postseason. Do we consider letting Diaz start at 2B today and go the other way?
Texaggie7nine
tjholley16 said:

third coast.. said:

They cut the amount of tickets allowed in half but sold out faster. That's crazy.
and I bet there will be a lot available for 500+ on stubhub in about 2 hours because people just want a quick turnaround
What sucks is looking at Stub hub inventory for WS and seeing so many 15+ tickets available together.
7nine
Shenaniganz
Those geniuses at ESiPN think the Yankees take this one...

Quote:

With the blustery conditions and Tanaka on the mound, the Yankees should have an advantage against Greinke, whom they have consistently hit throughout his career (5.05 ERA). If the wind is blowing out, it'll be a high-scoring game. Yankees 9, Astros 5 -- Rivera

Tanaka has been a brilliant big-game pitcher -- and Tanaka at Yankee Stadium takes excellence and amplifies it. Yankees 4, Astros 1 -- Jeff Passan
TMACsDaMan
It wouldn't surprise me if MLB bought half of the tickets prior to presale and gave half to their partner Stubhub
Post removed:
by user
agsquirrel97
AG
found 2 tickets in 432 row 4 for home game 1 on stub hub for $410 each plus fees.

I was fortunate enough to be given a ticket to Game 3 and Game 4 in 2017 (great seats both games), so I figure I am freerolling at this point. My wife has made it abundantly clear that she will be going to a WS game when the Astros return, with or without me.

Average ticket price in 400's is $550 - $800 right now, I believe they will drop significantly, but I don't see them dropping enough that I regret the $410 price.
bearkatag15
AG
third coast.. said:

Got a pair to all 4 home games. Total? $2500
What did availability look like? where are you seats roughly?
Cromagnum
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

third coast.. said:

What sucks is looking at Stub hub inventory for WS and seeing so many 15+ tickets available together.

Yep. Folks grabbing all they can for a profit with zero intention of ever going.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
third coast.. said:

Got a pair to all 4 home games. Total? $2500

Well hey there good buddy
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Frok said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Wind is going to be blowing hard out of the West. I am guessing we will see lots of runs tonight.

That means blowing out toward right field right?

I would think so, right and right center, but wind always swirls around in ball parks

Our lefties finna feast.
bearkatag15
AG
Cromagnum said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

third coast.. said:

Yep. Folks grabbing all they can for a profit with zero intention of ever going.
Are season ticket holders able to buy more than 2 to each game?
agsquirrel97
AG
Cromagnum said:

Texaggie7nine said:

tjholley16 said:

third coast.. said:

that is not the reason there are groups of 15+.

That is MLB selling ticket blocks to stub hub, individuals can not get blocks of seats like that.
Cynic
Can you take the world series ticket talk to the world series ticket thread?
gigemJTH12
AG
Cynic said:

tjack16
AG
is standing room only worth it? I've never tried it and since it's week night games I wouldn't be able to get to the stadium super early
Post removed:
by user
iBrad
AG
Jimbos Cow said:

Those geniuses at ESiPN think the Yankees take this one...

Quote:

With the blustery conditions and Tanaka on the mound, the Yankees should have an advantage against Greinke, whom they have consistently hit throughout his career (5.05 ERA). If the wind is blowing out, it'll be a high-scoring game. Yankees 9, Astros 5 -- Rivera

Tanaka has been a brilliant big-game pitcher -- and Tanaka at Yankee Stadium takes excellence and amplifies it. Yankees 4, Astros 1 -- Jeff Passan

Greinke has been in MLB for 16 years. His career ERA versus the Yankees is meaningless in this matchup. And very convenient of him to ignore Tanaka's career 6.62 ERA versus the Astros. If you're going to use regular season career stats, use them for both guys.
Post removed:
by user
bearkatag15
AG
tjholley16 said:

is standing room only worth it? I've never tried it and since it's week night games I wouldn't be able to get to the stadium super early
probably have to get there 3 hours early to claim a spot and then don't drink anything for the next 6-7 hours so you don't lose your spot when you have to go to the restroom.

also my buddy got SRO ticket for a game in '17. He never really got a good view of the field.
tjack16
AG
Cynic said:

what else would you like to discuss? We can go over the pitching debate for the 100th time in the last 48 hours .... or speculate on wind patterns some more?
First Page Last Page
Page 1509 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.