***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,847,130 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If we can split the next two, we should take this series in 6 with Verlander

Or we can just win it in 5 and have a stadium full of sad Yankees
Mathguy64
AG
It helps when your opponent refuses to catch a ball. They have 3 defensive misses so far.
turfman80
AG
Internet was down for 3 hours and I dont want to go back through the threads to see if this has been posted, but...

Yordan sucks. Sit his ass down and put someone, anyone, in the DH spot, and we come out ahead. That is all,
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
Philip J Fry
AG
tjholley16 said:

This.
SJEAg
AG
So if Nats sweep and we go 6 or 7, how many days off before WS start?
Harry Stone
AG
SJEAg said:

WS starts a week from today.
Bregxit
AG
SJEAg said:

Games 6 and 7 are Saturday and Sunday. WS game 1 is Tuesday.
Bobcat-Ag
Sounds a bit like the Astros.
threeanout
AG
ALCS game 6 is Saturday and game 7 is Sunday. World Series starts on Tuesday.
agproducer
AG
tjholley16 said:

This is my preference.
Philip J Fry
AG
PhatMack19 said:

7-0 Nats still batting bottom 1

MLB deserves showing this laugher during prime time.
threeanout
AG
Looks like Verlander will throw game 5.
jkag89
Fist Game for The Series is scheduled for next Tuesday. If the ALCS goes seven, it will be played on Sunday.
agsquirrel97
AG
turfman80 said:

Internet was down for 3 hours and I dont want to go back through the threads to see if this has been posted, but...

Yordan sucks. Sit his ass down and put someone, anyone, in the DH spot, and we come out ahead. That is all,
We are ahead.

Hinch has got this, he is way outperforming Boone
tjack16
AG
agsquirrel97
AG
jkag89 said:

Fist Game for The Series is scheduled for next Tuesday. If the ALCS goes seven, it will be played on Sunday.
edit to rephrase in a less presumptive way.

A starting pitcher who went today would have 6 days of rest before next Tuesday if they did not have to throw again this weekend. And a starting pitcher on this Friday would have full rest before next Wednesday.

What I did there, you see it.
Oyster DuPree
AG
turfman80 said:

Ice cold take 3 hours ago but thanks for posting
Ag_07
AG
turfman80 said:

Was your tv out too?

Because we came out ahead anyways.
Oyster DuPree
AG
Ag_07 said:

turfman80 said:

Was your tv out too?

He was watching game 3 of the ALDS
tjack16
AG
Ag_07
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

We are ahead.

Hinch has got this, he is way outperforming Boone

So much this

Boone is lost and grasping at straws constantly. He has no clue what he's doing.
astros4545
AG
That Hit and Run was an absolute stroke of genius with perfect execution
8T2
AggieDub25 said:

8T2 said:

AggieDub25 said:

Screw everyone in the media that says we are scared to play in NY
Who says that? This team isn't afraid of anyone. Nor should they be.

A lot of talking heads like to bring up we lost all 3 games up there in 2017. Mad Dog Russo has been banging the drum the loudest. Called this series over in 5. Then again, I hope he's onto something with that prediction.
Yes, that prediction is still in play.
Eso si, Que es
astros4545 said:

That Hit and Run was an absolute stroke of genius with perfect execution
It was. Altuve called his own number, in the post game interview he said he saw the steal sign and got a pitch he could drive and executed it flawlessly
JDUB08AG
AG
We have good players. We also have smart players. Our team is baseball intelligent. Wins you games like this. Altuve hit and run the springer waving Altuve to take third while he gets in a run down. That was HUGE.
strohag
AG
Yordan sucks? Would you like Tucker to play? He's been swinging at pitches so far above his head he's had to jump. Yordan is due. Short porch in right. You play him. It hasn't cost us a game yet. Game 1 nobody hit.
Canyon99
Yeats or Halfmann presiding?
Harry Stone
AG
i think i would almost prefer a rainout. grienke game 4, jv game 5, pen in 6, gc in 7. if it works out that way, you'd have the WS rotation with grienke in 1 and 5, jv 2 and 6, and gc 3 and 7.
turfman80
AG
Ag_07 said:

turfman80 said:

Was your tv out too?

My point was we come out ahead in productivity in that spot in the lineup. I know we won the game, but Yordans inability to do anything but strikeout and walk is a concern going forward. I would rather see someone else in the DH spot next game to get some kind of clutch performance with runners on base.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
LonghornDub
Ag_07 said:

I just wanna give a big shout out and thank you to one Gary Sanchez.

He's an awful catcher and the pass ball he allowed ended up being a difference maker.

That combined with his sub .100 postseason BA is doing wonders for the good guys!

Thanks AGAIN Gary!!! Love ya bud
The Yankees made McCann available to us because they decided to make Snchez their starter, and McCann was a big part of the Astros first world championship. Bless the Yankees rotten little hearts.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Mathguy64
AG
It took 3.5 games for a cards starting player to drive in a run. Woof.
LonghornDub
Harry Stone said:

i think i would almost prefer a rainout. grienke game 4, jv game 5, pen in 6, gc in 7. if it works out that way, you'd have the WS rotation with grienke in 1 and 5, jv 2 and 6, and gc 3 and 7.
Amen!
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Ag_07
AG
In my opinion Boone is out of sorts because I think he saw what the Ray's did to us and how successful their approach was and he all of a sudden tried to copy it

Only thing is that's what the Rays do and they're good at it. That's not what the Yankees do.

He's completely out of his element and it shows.
jkag89
turfman80 said:

Ag_07 said:

turfman80 said:

Was your tv out too?

My point was we come out ahead in productivity in that spot in the lineup. I know we won the game, but Yordans inability to do anything but strikeout and walk is a concern going forward. I would rather see someone else in the DH spot next game to get some kind of clutch performance with runners on base.
I guess you haven't noticed, but Yordan is not the only one that hasn't been exactly clutch.

I have no problem with moving him down in the lineup but it is simply insane to take him out of the lineup considering what he accomplished this season.
Marvin
AG
Didn't get selected for the WS ticket lotto. If any of you were selected but decide not to go, please send me a PM. I'll front the cash and pay for your time to sit in the queue.
First Page Last Page
Page 1493 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.