***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,341 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i'm thinking more about lineup changes. Need to give Diaz or Jake a chance
Mr President Elect
AG
I'm a fan of Kevin Cash. Not afraid to to tip his cap, good vibes. Has a good team if they could spend some money.
Farmer1906
AG
I just read/skimmed 1300 posts to catch up. Well ducking done everyone. Minor mid game meltdown. But overall great stuff all around. The Kate pics were fantastic.

Reload for Saturday. **** NY!
Ag12thman
AG
dshedd41 said:

My voice is ****ing gone but what a great game to see in person to win the division!
Man - awesome that you got to be there. The crowd was incredible (loud) on both radio and TV. Job well done to you and everyone else who was there with you.
Cromagnum
AG
If the Ray's were so worried about us stealing signs, it's not like Cole wasn't pitching the entire game and still destroyed their ass.
bearkatag15
AG
SVP on sportscenter just broke down how Glasnow was tipping his pitches. If it was a fastball, his glove would start above the his number and if it was a breaking ball his hands would start below.
Farmer1906
AG
Cole could have said "hey here comes a 4 seamer" and they wouldn't have done ***** He was ****ing great.
bearkatag15
AG
MAT
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Cole could have said "hey here comes a 4 seamer" and they wouldn't have done ***** He was ****ing great.

Exactly. After seeing him for almost 8 innings/117 pitches in game 2, they knew exactly what Cole had and couldn't do anything about it. They on the other hand were changing pitchers as often as 3 times in one inning. Now whose the man?
Silent For Too Long
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah. "I'm gonna paint the corner with 99, good luck."
halfastros81
AG
Cole was great tonight and most of the season.

Tampa Bay is no joke. They are very good. They will be a problem for yrs to come. The front office has seemingly taken a very prudent approach and Cash is a very good on field game manager.

The Astros got where they are by great scouting and competent management of same. Tampa looks to be following that model.

bearkatag15
AG
spadilly
S
Minute Maid was rocking tonight. That was a blast.
979ag
AG
Hahahahahahahaha 3-0 now baby. Let me know if anyone ever has an extra ticket they want to gift in dire need of an Astros playoff win.

S/o to the future rub for the tix
EagleAg19
So I had to miss the entire game and just now saw the score. Needless to say, I haven't been this freaking happy in a while.

WE'RE STILL IN THIS ***** LET'S GO

ALSO I LOVE YOU GERRIT COLE
TyHolden
AG
What was the deal with the ****ing tipping of the pitches? Was it happening?
shhopkins
AG
AJ "I'll play them tomorrow if they want to play"
AgDoc03
AG
1-0 in the playoffs. Happy to come back from North Carolina for additional games if anyone has tickets
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Gig-Em2003
AG
Yes. Definitely tipping. If he held his glove above the Rays on his jersey pre-pitch it was a fastball. If he held it close to the bottom of the Rays logo it was a curveball. Astros knew it, and as the inning went on you could see the players talking to each other to confirm that their theory was right. MLB Network has a great breakdown on it. Not cheating.

I love this team.
Buck Compton
AG
What a great game 5. Terrific baseball, and how we expected the entire series to go. Guess we really just can't hit in that ****hole stadium.

I banned myself from posting during the game (actually, my wife did when she told me what a miserable SOB I posted like online during a game - apologies for game 3). But very excited for Saturday. Seems like most of the pressure is actually weirdly on the Yankees. If you don't get Greinke, then you have both Verlander and Cole on full rest to try to get your win.

Looking back, nothing but respect for the Rays. They're going to be a thorn in our side until some of these guys' salaries increase. Easy to say that as the victors, but several guys there I'd want on my team. Can't say that for the Yanks.

InnerCityAg
halfastros81 said:

Cole was great tonight and most of the season.

Tampa Bay is no joke. They are very good. They will be a problem for yrs to come. The front office has seemingly taken a very prudent approach and Cash is a very good on field game manager.

The Astros got where they are by great scouting and competent management of same. Tampa looks to be following that model.

Too bad their fan base sucks hind teet.
HTXAG19
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Gerrit fkn Cole.

What a game.

Going back a few pages and will comment on posts randomly for a while till I fall asleep... stay tuned.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
Kashchei said:

Frok said:

I've had a knot in my stomach since Monday and now it is gone. I think I take this a bit too seriously

I don't understand people who don't take sports seriously... I literally cannot relate with them.
BMX Bandit
It's a miracle Astros won. Major changes didn't happen in the lineup
BMX Bandit
Loved seeing Osuna get some confidence back
JohnnyTexAg1995
ClickClack said:

MOVED TO NEW ENGLAND IN APRIL. I'M GOING TO GAME 5 IN NY. NEVER BEEN TO NY. I'LL REPRESENT EVEN IF I DIE.

I love right across the river in Jersey and will be there game 4! It's not a plesant place for visitors just a heads up!
ontheedge
BMX Bandit said:

It's a miracle Astros won. Major changes didn't happen in the lineup
How would you change it?

Probably a good thing AJ Hinch is manager.
gigemJTH12
AG
you must be new here
Shenaniganz
Here's my thoughts for starting pitching:
G1 Greinke
G2 Urquidy
G3 JV
G4 Cole
G5 Greinke
G6 JV (maybe?)
G7 Cole

This series is going 7 games without a doubt in my mind. But I think the Yankees steal one in Houston (probably Game 2) .
crowman2010
AG
Jimbos Cow said:

Here's my thoughts for starting pitching:
G1 Greinke
G2 JV
G3 Cole
G4 Urquidy
G5 Greinke
G6 JV
G7 Cole

This series is going 7 games without a doubt in my mind. But I think the Yankees steal one in Houston (probably Game 2) .
FIFY
gigemJTH12
AG
I keep seeing people say JV pitches game 2. But thats on Sunday. so 4 days rest. I wonder if that will be cause for concern.
iBrad
AG
That's a normal five days rest.
Mathguy64
AG
Thats normal rest.
titanmaster_race
gigemJTH12 said:

I keep seeing people say JV pitches game 2. But thats on Sunday. so 4 days rest. I wonder if that will be cause for concern.

That's normal. When you have a 5 man rotation during the season, each guy pitches every 5th day, which is 4 days of rest.

Now maybe that's a cause for concern to only get normal rest after pitching on short rest? Idk
First Page Last Page
Page 1360 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.