***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,605 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agcat said:

Not sure why but the Dodger loss last night made me feel better about tonight's game. I'm not sure if it's because the odds of both the favored Dodgers AND favored Astros going down to an underdog is less and maybe it increases our odds of winning this one tonight.

Or

If we do go down tonight at least we won't won't be the only favored club being labeled chokers.

Like I sad Dodgers losing last night had a strange calming effect. Not sure exactly why. Weird.

That Dodgers line was much smaller than ours. Probably won't make you feel any better, but just saying.
Ag_07
AG
We're not discussing lines
Wabs
AG
astros4545
AG
gigemJTH12
AG
4 hours.

clear the mechanism.

Ag_07
AG
astros4545 said:

BA-BA-BA-BOO-YAH!!!!!

aTm2004
AG
astros4545 said:

That dude is fresh from snorting a line off the hoot of a prostitute in EaDo.
cablinaggie
AG
WelchAg said:

Not saying I'm content with winning just 1 WS, but had we not won in 2017, I would be a wreck today.

I tell my kids this all the time: there are generations of fans that have lived and died and never saw their team win a WS. Red Sox fans until 2004, Cubs fans between 1908 and 2016, Indians fans under 70 years old, Rangers fans, Mariners fans, etc. They got to experience and enjoy something most Americans never do: their hometown team winning it all.

And then they go back to YouTube.
Farmer1906
AG
jakeaggie84
AG
On a hr ball that crosses the fence line, can you then mess with the outfielders glove if he reaches over??
Ag_07
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

On a hr ball that crosses the fence line, can you then mess with the outfielders glove if he reaches over??

Per the rules yes you can

Joe West says no

Fck Joe West
Mathguy64
AG
jakeaggie84 said:

Yes, unless fat ass Joe West is the umpire making the call. In which case he will rule from 200 feet away that the ball didn't get into the seats.
iBrad
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Spacing out the lefties also prevents TB from bringing in a lefty in the later innings to face Brantley, walk Bregman, and face Alvarez.
Teddy Perkins
AG
No West tonight.

irish pete ag06
AG
Just a reminder that tonight is 0.6% of an MLB regular season. That's so terrifying.
wangus12
AG
bearkatag15 said:

Wabs
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Just a reminder that tonight is 0.6% of an MLB regular season. That's so terrifying.
I'd take a win by .6 runs
astros4545
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

astros4545
AG
Jackal99
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

No West tonight.

He has a 7pm at the Golden Corral.
Farmer1906
AG
Jerry Meals Strike Zone (from 2018)

It looks like he doesn't call the high or inside strike for right-handed batters or low and inside for left-handed batters. Not the best news for COle, but it might help out Brantley & Alvarez.
Farmer1906
AG
Meals was also the chief when Ron Kulpa decided he can do whatever he wanted.
Farmer1906
AG
Edit: nevermind. Tweets below.
Mathguy64
AG
That heat map is definitely not something favoring a RH pitcher. At least its not random like West of Bucknor
Ag_07
AG
Farmer1906 said:

It looks like he doesn't call the high or inside strike for right-handed batters or low and inside for left-handed batters. Not the best news for COle, but it might help out Brantley & Alvarez.

Won't matter when they're all swinging and missing.

Teddy Perkins
AG

Correa says they want to be aggressive against the Rays' pitchers since they aren't walking many guys. Also says there isn't any pressure and his back feels good.
Farmer1906
AG

wangus12
AG
Guys. The ****knuckles on dfw radio think we're in trouble. Probably should just forfeit tonight
Farmer1906
AG
mathguy86 said:

That heat map is definitely not something favoring a RH pitcher. At least its not random like West of Bucknor
The R & L refers to the batter.
tjack16
AG
wangus12 said:

Guys. The ****knuckles on dfw radio think we're in trouble. Probably should just forfeit tonight
you should call in and ask what time the Rangers game is tonight because you don't want to miss it
Mathguy64
AG
Farmer1906 said:

mathguy86 said:

The R & L refers to the batter.
Then I'm reading it backwards. The low and away to RH batters favors Cole's slider.
MelvinUdall
I have to be honest with some of his swings last game, I can't imagine there isn't some back issues. Yes, he has fielded great, but some of the swings have looked like issues. I hope to eat my words.
ClickClack
AG
astros4545 said:

I grew up with him
dshedd41
S
Who's going tonight?
Gig’em Aggies!
bearkatag15
AG

Big time bet
First Page Last Page
Page 1320 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.