***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,727,191 Views | 74431 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by PSully97
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We thrive on seeing the pitcher the second or third time around - hammering them. Can't do it with this Ray pitching by committee.
Just an Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Way too early to panic. Just need to get some low pitch count innings and, my super secret way to get back in this game .... GET SOME FREAKING BASE RUNNERS!!!.

*gasping*
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Verlander needs to come out
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And the golf clinic continues. Teeing off.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hinch just taking notes while Rome is burning
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hinch never lets someone sit in their stink, but I can imagine he will do it to Verlander
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got called out for saying a couple months ago that I was scared to death of our offensive dry spells over long periods.

And here we are. These guys are all bailing out and not at all focused against mediocre pitching. This same song and dance more of than not led to a loss all year. And the cherry on top is that pitching isn't here to save the day.

Offense better learn how to play with pride real soon, or they're going to be sitting on their couches in 3 days.

Lineup of death? More like lineup of sleep apnea.
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This right here boils down to who does AJ trust over this version of JV. The answer is not many, apparently.
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Hinch never lets someone sit in their stink, but I can imagine he will do it to Verlander


Doesn't have a choice. You've already locked in short rest pitching...double screwed if you have to turn to the pen early too.
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was that our first play at first ?
Aston 91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

TXAG14 said:

God this offense is trash. 3 runs will be enough to win this one.


Down 3-0? You're not mathguy, are you?
Consider the Stros not winning and see how the math works out.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just because its been awhile...

Hinch needs to get his ass up off the bench and get ejected.
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This rays team isn't even that good
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Same on my comment about lacking mental toughness. The four guys that have it are coming up next inning. Let's get them there without another run and turn this thing!
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:



Lineup of death? More like lineup of sleep apnea.
Kashchei
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suburban cowboy said:

This rays team isn't even that good


My thoughts exactly. If they advance they're going to get swept by the Yanks
cap-n-jack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What was that about?
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suburban cowboy said:

This rays team isn't even that good


Um...They won 96 games
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure we've hit the ball off of every part of the bat except the barrel.
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

I got called out for saying a couple months ago that I was scared to death of our offensive dry spells over long periods.

And here we are. These guys are all bailing out and not at all focused against mediocre pitching. This same song and dance more of than not led to a loss all year. And the cherry on top is that pitching isn't here to save the day.

Offense better learn how to play with pride real soon, or they're going to be sitting on their couches in 3 days.

Lineup of death? More like lineup of sleep apnea.


Mediocre pitching? Tampa had the second best staff in the majors this year!
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suburban cowboy said:

This rays team isn't even that good


No, but they've locked onto our pitching because we never change our approach. It's why the Athletics whooped our ass in the second half. They know our strategy, and they know we won't adapt. We just hope to beat them whether they know it or not.
mwm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A.J. Pierswhateverhisnameis has a very punchable face. He's a terd.
linkdude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only the best team ERA in the league
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bregxit said:

mazag08 said:

I got called out for saying a couple months ago that I was scared to death of our offensive dry spells over long periods.

And here we are. These guys are all bailing out and not at all focused against mediocre pitching. This same song and dance more of than not led to a loss all year. And the cherry on top is that pitching isn't here to save the day.

Offense better learn how to play with pride real soon, or they're going to be sitting on their couches in 3 days.

Lineup of death? More like lineup of sleep apnea.


Mediocre pitching? Tampa had the second best staff in the majors this year!


Not on the hill tonight. This is the definition of mediocre
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
suburban cowboy said:

This rays team isn't even that good
Wanna know how I know you dont watch baseball.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a UUUUUGE K
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mazag08 said:

Bregxit said:

mazag08 said:

I got called out for saying a couple months ago that I was scared to death of our offensive dry spells over long periods.

And here we are. These guys are all bailing out and not at all focused against mediocre pitching. This same song and dance more of than not led to a loss all year. And the cherry on top is that pitching isn't here to save the day.

Offense better learn how to play with pride real soon, or they're going to be sitting on their couches in 3 days.

Lineup of death? More like lineup of sleep apnea.


Mediocre pitching? Tampa had the second best staff in the majors this year!


Not on the hill tonight. This is the definition of mediocre
The team with the lowest ERA and best bullpen in baseball is mediocre all of a sudden?
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Could that be the break we need?
C4D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That strike three call was a big call for the Stros. Big.
MosesHallRAB04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's an APB out for the Astros offense
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok not letting that run score is a major victory
Marvin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aston 91 said:

Marvin said:

TXAG14 said:

God this offense is trash. 3 runs will be enough to win this one.


Down 3-0? You're not mathguy, are you?
Consider the Stros not winning and see how the math works out.


Um, ok... I guess.
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JV battling. Time for the offense to do so as well.
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BAT'S AWAKEN
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have to get it started here. It can all turn around in the blink of an eye if we show even a pulse at the plate. I believe in these guys, despite my negative rants.