***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

3,712,509 Views | 74430 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by TexasRebel
safety guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So right now we have 3 pitchers who we have confidence in that can get batters out. That is not a recipe for playoff success when we cannot get clutch hits.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd have a very short leash with Urquidy tomorrow, and if he gets into trouble bring in JV to go as long as he can. The luxury we have knowing we have Cole on full rest in G5 at home if necessary.
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How do I subscribe to this podcast
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What in the hell was Hinch's strategy with the bullpen today?

Let's make sure the Rays get a look at multiple relievers? Make sure they see James and Smith after Miley??
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good grief. Can somebody come in and shut them down. The Rays aren't exactly a powerhouse lineup
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Willy Adams is having way too good of a series.
Wabs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buck Compton said:

What in the hell was Hinch's strategy with the bullpen today?

Let's make sure the Rays get a look at multiple relievers? Make sure they see James and Smith after Miley??
Horrible job by Hinch today
YellAg2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

Buck Compton said:

What in the hell was Hinch's strategy with the bullpen today?

Let's make sure the Rays get a look at multiple relievers? Make sure they see James and Smith after Miley??
Horrible job by Hinch today
To be fair, this has been Hinch's approach all season - relievers only getting one inning each. Which is what makes the Osuna 4-out save attempt on Saturday all the more confusing.
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A scoreless inning
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
At least the Cowboys suck so bad that DFW radio won't talk about the game
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it's as simple as getting guys in a game.

Miley, Rondon, Smith, James all haven't seen any action.

Do you really want their first appearance being in a tight Gm 4 after a long break or get them in now for an inning or two when it's looking we're gonna drop this one?

Miley won't be used again. Rondon, Smith, and James can still be used tomorrow if needed but still be behind JV, Pressly, Harris, Osuna.
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
X100

The people here every day have the most common sense

Shock
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think it's as simple as getting guys in a game.

Miley, Rondon, Smith, James all haven't seen any action.

Do you really want their first appearance being in a tight Gm 4 after a long break or get them in now for an inning or two when it's looking we're gonna drop this one?

Miley won't be used again. Rondon, Smith, and James can still be used tomorrow if needed but still be behind JV, Pressly, Harris, Osuna.
?
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We went out with a whimper. Really disappointing across the board. Gotta figure it out tomorrow.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think it is as simple as this. CFM does not lose elimination games. Guess who isn't pitching tomorrow.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I blame myself for today. Clearly my inability to post Rally Kate was the problem.

That and the whole "swing, HBP/dead ball" that put Tuve back on 2B and cost the second run at 3-1.
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

Don’t Care. Got Jimbo
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My favorite is 'Greinke is getting shelled' 'He's throwing meatballs' 'This is nothing but BP' followed by 'Why the hell is he being yanked?' 'What is Hinch doing?' 'Great burning BP arms now'
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thanks goodness Brantley got all those days off during the regular season...hitting a crisp 2 for 12 in the ALDS so far.

somebody tell him he doesn't play for Cleveland anymore.

in the 2018 ALDS...he went 2 for 12.

in the 2017 ALDS...he went 1 for 12
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

My favorite is 'Greinke is getting shelled' 'He's throwing meatballs' 'This is nothing but BP' followed by 'Why the hell is he being yanked?' 'What is Hinch doing?' 'Great burning BP arms now'
AggiEE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag12thman said:

Wabs said:

Is Smith going to finish this game? Why bring Miley out??
The error was taking Greinke out, IMO. He should have just been left in and gone 7 minimum.


Yup

We got totally Hiched, but our offense was deplorable too.

Was there a reason to pull Greinke in favor of Miley?? I know Greinke wasn't his sharpest but I'd still take that over recent Miley
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once the game was getting out of hand, it was time to have Miley burn innings with the hopes we could stay in the game. Then, it became a matter of getting the other guys some work.

We just have to take one of the next two and the Rays already burned through CFM.

Springer, Brantley and Correa need to get it going. I have a feeling one will have a break-through game tomorrow. It's not like Brantley to strikeout like that.

Some days, you just don't have it. Today was one of those days. We'll get 'em tomorrow.
mathguy86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got beat today. Sure. But they still had to throw guys at us from their pen and its literally Johnny Allstaff for them tomorrow. There are some small tidbits of good news. And their 7-8-9 guys wont do this again.
BCSGrubber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So you can leave Miley off the ALCS roster without anyone questioning it?
Ag12thman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiEE said:

Ag12thman said:

Wabs said:

Is Smith going to finish this game? Why bring Miley out??
The error was taking Greinke out, IMO. He should have just been left in and gone 7 minimum.


Yup

We got totally Hiched, but our offense was deplorable too.

Was there a reason to pull Greinke in favor of Miley?? I know Greinke wasn't his sharpest but I'd still take that over recent Miley
Was Hinch "testing" Miley for the ALCS roster? I can't imagine you'd do that in an important game like they ALL are at this point. But, if he was, I'd say he failed in a major way.
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

Buck Compton said:

What in the hell was Hinch's strategy with the bullpen today?

Let's make sure the Rays get a look at multiple relievers? Make sure they see James and Smith after Miley??
Horrible job by Hinch today
I'm sure Hinch went in with a strategy of having to scuffle in the 4th inning b/c Grienke was going to get shelled.

Rondon faced 1 batter. Smith Faced 2. I don't think that's enough to worry about their line up seeing them. James faced 5, so you might not even see him the rest of the series.

The bigger issue is the freaking guys at the plate. Springer, Brantley and Reddick/Tucker/Diaz are killing us.
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, just read JV to start game 4?
According to Julia. Guess we don't have much of a choice.
astros4545
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Wabs said:

Buck Compton said:

What in the hell was Hinch's strategy with the bullpen today?

Let's make sure the Rays get a look at multiple relievers? Make sure they see James and Smith after Miley??
Horrible job by Hinch today
I'm sure Hinch went in with a strategy of having to scuffle in the 4th inning b/c Grienke was going to get shelled.

Rondon faced 1 batter. Smith Faced 2. I don't think that's enough to worry about their line up seeing them. James faced 5, so you might not even see him the rest of the series.

The bigger issue is the freaking guys at the plate. Springer, Brantley and Reddick/Tucker/Diaz are killing us.


Tucker went 0fer again today

Just terrible swings today
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Overreaction
I'm looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. I'm just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.


H-Town 2017 WS Champions
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

My favorite is 'Greinke is getting shelled' 'He's throwing meatballs' 'This is nothing but BP' followed by 'Why the hell is he being yanked?' 'What is Hinch doing?' 'Great burning BP arms now'
Greinke was throwing meat balls, but the game was already gone with the way the offense was performing. I don't know if it is just that ****hole stadium where we always play terrible, or Morton being his usual self, but as soon as someone got on base, our approach was awful and the offense went down the ****ter.

Agree to disagree here, but I think you let him eat innings based on the complete lack of life from your offense.

Neither one was saving this game, so the point is moot. Team needs to let it roll off their back and find a way to play tomorrow. Maybe they can find a way to score some runs on a Tampa bullpen day.
Buck Compton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starting Verlander in Game 4 is a complete overreaction.

Hinch was so good during 2017, why is he messing with short rest, 4-out saves, and all this **** now??
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think JV starting has as much to do with the offense not scoring diddly than the pitching situation.

We can win a JV game scoring 3 runs.

JV even on short rest against their BP day...I like it.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
astros4545 said:

redline248 said:

Wabs said:

Buck Compton said:

What in the hell was Hinch's strategy with the bullpen today?

Let's make sure the Rays get a look at multiple relievers? Make sure they see James and Smith after Miley??
Horrible job by Hinch today
I'm sure Hinch went in with a strategy of having to scuffle in the 4th inning b/c Grienke was going to get shelled.

Rondon faced 1 batter. Smith Faced 2. I don't think that's enough to worry about their line up seeing them. James faced 5, so you might not even see him the rest of the series.

The bigger issue is the freaking guys at the plate. Springer, Brantley and Reddick/Tucker/Diaz are killing us.


Tucker went 0fer again today

Just terrible swings today
I'm aware he didn't play. He's still 0-fer in this series.
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Perfectly fine with JV starting Game 4. This Rays team is pesky, and other than a select few guys producing our offense has been smoke and mirrors to a degree thus far in this series (multiple bloop hits, etc). Their pitching staff is better than ours top to bottom. Have to match it with our best.