***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,390 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Harry Dunne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gigemJTH12 said:

Ag_07 said:

I'm interested to see what the atmosphere is at the Trop. They don't get shlt for fans but at the same time this is a postseason game. Just curious to see the turnout there in TB.

And any word on how Correa's back held up on the grueling 2 hr flight?
if it was 1-1 it would be different.

Or if the game was at night.

But down 0-2 and midday....I dont see it being very good. Their fans sucks.
In '98 I was in Chicago for g3 of the Braves-Cubs NLDS. Braves had won the first 2 in ATL. It was a Saturday night game, former cub Greg Maddux at his peak vs ROY Kerry Wood who had struck out 20 Astros while pitching maybe the best game in history that year. Roiding Sammy Sosa putting up video game numbers.

Cubs had not been to the playoffs in 10 years and supposedly their fans are so great, right? Plus getting to see all of those guys in their prime & the Braves had not won a game at Wrigley all season.

A friend and I were able to get tickets half an hour before the game for under face value and the game was not a sellout. So if the Cubs after a 10 year playoff drought with a phenomenal pitching matchup can't sell out an 0-2 Saturday night game then there's not much hope for TB on a Monday at lunchtime.
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Farmer1906 said:

The Milkman said:

So Diaz and Straw havent seen the field or an at bat yet. Wonder if they'll get in today. Probably score dependent
Have you seen a scenario where it makes sense for them to get in?
yeah I thought Straw should have pinch ran on Saturday for Yuli.
In the 7th? I see your point, but its only the 7th and then you'd be sacrificing his D at first for the 8th and 9th and possibly another AB.

It worked out so that he scored anyway.
Mr.Ackar07
Farmer1906 said:

The Milkman said:

So Diaz and Straw havent seen the field or an at bat yet. Wonder if they'll get in today. Probably score dependent
Had Tucker reached in the bottom of the 8th on Saturday, I could have seen Diaz pinch-hitting for Maldonado, but that was as close as I've come to seeing the use for one of these guys.
astros4545
AG
I actually considered Marisnick batting for Tucker in the big 8th inning spot

Lefty was pitching, and you knew Marisnick was coming in for defense anyways
Harry Dunne
astros4545 said:

Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

Lefty was pitching, and you knew Marisnick was coming in for defense anyways
Then why not just start Jake? Tucker was playing because he's actually hit lefties well so far.

Farmer1906
AG
Harry Dunne said:

astros4545 said:

Speaking of Jake vs TED

I was wrong about the WAR.

Jake ended with 1.2/1.1
Ted was only 0.8/0.5

gigemJTH12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Farmer1906 said:

The Milkman said:

yeah I thought Straw should have pinch ran on Saturday for Yuli.
In the 7th? I see your point, but its only the 7th and then you'd be sacrificing his D at first for the 8th and 9th and possibly another AB.

It worked out so that he scored anyway.
yep definitely worked out.

Luckily it didnt end up mattering. I was just saying I would have used Straw there.
Beat40
I'm glad he didn't though. Yuli made a really nice stop to end the game.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm not in the loop, what is the pitching plan for game 4's going forward? I figured in the WS we would just rotate our top 3, all or nothing, but I don't think that's typical for ALDS and ALCS games.
Beat40
jr15aggie said:

I'm not in the loop, what is the pitching plan for game 4's going forward? I figured in the WS we would just rotate our top 3, all or nothing, but I don't think that's typical for ALDS and ALCS games.

It will either be Miley or Urquidy.

Let's just win today and not have to worry about it!
Deluxe
AG
Yuli is pretty fast
gigemJTH12
AG
Beat40 said:

I'm glad he didn't though. Yuli made a really nice stop to end the game.
Great point. That was a huge play. and Yuli's digging ability is so elite.

An underrated play was his dig on Correas play at the beginning.
Harry Dunne
Jake is a terrible hitter.

He does have pop and maybe in a situation where you're down big with 2 outs and you need an XBH and he's your best option, but I don't think I'd pinch hit him for Tucker under any circumstances. I'm not sure that I'd pinch hit him for anybody on the playoff roster, ever.
dshedd41
S
I have two tickets to the watch party today, who wants them?
Pm
Me if interested
Gig’em Aggies!
Deluxe
AG
Really hope we can get the job done today. A game like last year's game 3 blowout win in Cleveland would be perfect. It would be nice to not even have to think about using JV or Cole again this series and keep them rested up because we'll probably have to lean on them quite a bit in ALCS/WS (if we get that far).

Would be interesting to know what Hinch is telling JV behind the scenes about potential game 4 usage. I'd have to think he'd be available to finish things off if we have a lead in G4, then have Cole on full rest in game 5 if it doesn't work out. But I'd much much rather just have Greinke mow down the Rays, win today and not even have to worry about G4/G5.
wangus12
AG
Beat40 said:

jr15aggie said:

The correct answer. Although if it comes to game 4, I want Urquidy out there. Miley simply cannot be trusted at this point
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12 said:

Beat40 said:

jr15aggie said:

The correct answer. Although if it comes to game 4, I want Urquidy out there. Miley simply cannot be trusted at this point
it will depend on who gets used in the bullpen today. If Zack doesn't have it and can only go 4 then we might need to use Urquidy today for the 4-6 before we get to Smith, Harris, Pressly, and Osuna.
The Milkman
AG

For those interested
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think my time to first would be what most of those guy's sprint speeds are.
wangus12
AG
Pretty confident I could land in the top 5 there. Downside is that it would have to be on a walk, because I'm also confident I can't hit MLB pitching
Mr.Ackar07
wangus12 said:

Pretty confident I could land in the top 5 there. Downside is that it would have to be on a walk, because I'm also confident I can't hit MLB pitching
Just learn to crouch really low in your batting stance.
The Milkman
AG
Its also impressive to comparing someone who is blazing fast like Straw is still only less than 1 second faster to first than Maldonado. Just shows how fast everything moves that a single second is the difference in the fastest and the slowest.
Farmer1906
AG
The Milkman said:

Its also impressive to comparing someone who is blazing fast like Straw is still only less than 1 second faster to first than Maldonado. Just shows how fast everything moves that a single second is the difference in the fastest and the slowest.
1 second is a long time.

A 4.22 40 is elite WR/RB speed in the NFL. 5.22 is a slow offensive guard.
Bobcat-Ag
I don't want it to be a blowout win. A solid close win would be best. Having the experience of pressure in the playoffs will be good for the team as we continue on. There are a number of players on the team that have not experienced that and getting that feeling, especially with a positive outcome could be huge!
The Milkman
AG
Bobcat-Ag said:

I don't want it to be a blowout win. A solid close win would be best. Having the experience of pressure in the playoffs will be good for the team as we continue on. There are a number of players on the team that have not experienced that and getting that feeling, especially with a positive outcome could be huge!
I think I'll take a stress free win. They got plenty of a taste on Saturday night
gigemJTH12
AG
How do I watch on phone? Is it mlb at bat app? Not sure where to log in on this app
Farmer1906
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

How do I watch on phone? Is it mlb at bat app? Not sure where to log in on this app
FOX Sports App

You'll need to log in with your cable info.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Milkman said:

Bobcat-Ag said:

I think I'll take a stress free win. They got plenty of a taste on Saturday night
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Farmer1906 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

FOX Sports App

Not on Fox, on MLB network today.
bearkatag15
AG
Farmer1906
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

Farmer1906 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

FOX Sports App

Not on Fox, on MLB network today.
Damn. I thought all our games were Fox this year.

n_touch

2 Down, 9 to go
Frok
AG
bearkatag15 said:

"Free" preview

Assuming you make sure to put forth the effort to cancel the automatic payment that will schedule the moment you sign up
The Milkman
AG
No. You just go to the channel. You dont have to sign up to have the preview
First Page Last Page
Page 1238 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.