***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,848,452 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the AL, the two clear best teams are the Yankees and Astros, and both are slight favorites to get the sweep on Monday.

In the NL, it looks like the two best teams might be the Dodgers and Nationals. Tied 1-1 and today's game 3 is a tossup according to Vegas. (Dodgers -105)
wangus12
AG
Ags #1 said:

Why???
To help pay for Cole next year
Charlie Conway
Beat40 said:

gigemJTH12 said:

AustinAg2K said:

Osuna can't handle the playoffs. He was garbage last year against Boston, and he was garbage tonight.

I'm no the biggest Osuna fan obvi, but that's on Hinch. Shoulda went Harris after the 8th. No more multiple innings for osuna. Glad we won while learning that.

It's also like we forget the Kenny G experience. Kenny G out there is giving the game away after the first two hits. At least Osuna still battled and competed. A couple of small things go his way and he's out of it.

Again, he still didn't get the job done, but I don't think it's as bad as it's being made out to be.

Giles would've melted down on national TV and choked himself on the way back to the locker room
titanmaster_race
BMX Bandit said:

I'd put TB after Dodgers & Nats rotation.

But TB MUCH better than anyone we could/will face in AL

TB probably has the best bullpen of anyone, except perhaps the Yankees. Nats bullpen is atrocious, Dodgers bullpen is one of their weaknesses.
astros4545
AG
I have never lost a home playoff game I have attended

(Wood has been knocked on)

13-0

Feel free to buy me World Series tickets y'all
YNWA_AG
AG
I was 8-0 during the regular season last year. Went to all the Red Sox games last year...
BCSGrubber
AG
ALCS ticket lottery emails are out. I was selected this round
Mr.Bond
AG
Selected too. Wasn't for ALDS
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Farmer1906
AG
astros4545 said:

13-0

I think I am 5-1 since 2015. It gets a little foggier before that. I think I went 3-1 or 2-2 in 04-05 (I was there for Pujols-Lidge). We couldnt afford late 90s tickets.
bearkatag15
AG
I'm 2-2 on presale selection.
Bregxit
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Same!
gougler08
AG
Bregxit said:

Mr.Bond said:

Same!

+1
AustinCountyAg
I got selected too. First time ever finally. Can someone explain the process for choosing tickets on Tuesday? Are u limited to certain game(s) and seating areas?
tjack16
AG
I got selected. Anybody have any idea on face value prices for ALCS? Normally they release all the prices beforehand
Bregxit
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I got selected too. First time ever finally. Can someone explain the process for choosing tickets on Tuesday? Are u limited to certain game(s) and seating areas?

You'll get a code Tuesday morning. You log into the ticket system and experience the frustrating queue times. You pick up to four tickets per home game and can get whatever is available.
dshedd41
S
Ditto. Can't wait!

oh some off day reading material if anyone is interested:
http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/justin-verlander-gerrit-cole-houston-astros/
Gig’em Aggies!
jopatura
AG
Bregxit said:

AustinCountyAg said:

You'll get a code Tuesday morning. You log into the ticket system and experience the frustrating queue times. You pick up to four tickets per home game and can get whatever is available.

Can I give my mom the presale info and can she log in with her own account? I got picked, she didn't, and of course purchase time is the one date & time this week I have a meeting I can't reschedule.
Bregxit
AG
jopatura said:

Bregxit said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Can I give my mom the presale info and can she log in with her own account? I got picked, she didn't, and of course purchase time is the one date & time this week I have a meeting I can't reschedule.

I think the code is tied to your MLB account but I can't confirm that.
Farmer1906
AG
Selected!
agdaddy04
AG
astros4545 said:

13-0

2017 was my year to be undefeated, I think it was 21 games or something that year. Hopefully yours continues!
dshedd41
S
http://www.reddit.com/r/Astros/comments/ddz6he/stats_from_coles_historic_15k_g2/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Gig’em Aggies!
dshedd41
S
This will never get old
Gig’em Aggies!
spadilly
S
W
AG
thinking back to last night's game...that's why the Rays were the preferred opponent.

the 'stros were very vulnerable in the 8th & 9th innings, but Tampa just didn't have the firepower at the plate to make the Astros pay. Oakland with Semien, Chapman, and Olson might have fared better
DVC2010
AG
W said:

thinking back to last night's game...that's why the Rays were the preferred opponent.

the 'stros were very vulnerable in the 8th & 9th innings, but Tampa just didn't have the firepower at the plate to make the Astros pay. Oakland with Semien, Chapman, and Olson might have fared better

Oakland might have been down eight runs at that point.
Ag_07
AG
Not really apples and oranges.

Snell is a Cy Young winner and I'm not even sure who the As #2 starter is.

I think we'd have been up by way more than just 3.

dshedd41
S
Gig’em Aggies!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Tampa's pitching is very underrated. They have last years Cy Young and CFM, plus a good bull pen. They are a couple bats away from being a top contender
Max Power
AG
That was probably the longest 9 inning game I've watched, drained. Cole was a BAMF yesterday, he brought it, he's on a new level this season. Hinch should not have put Osuna out there in the 8th, he should know better, don't do that with your closer. Harris saved us, good man. After games 1 and 2 Greinke has seen Verlander and Cole at their best, they are setting the bar high, want him to bring it for game 3.

Ump at home called a fairly odd strike zone last night. We need to settle down and take more pitches, not enough walks. Tucker is way too amped, swinging at everything, he's young in a big moment. Lots to learn from last night.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Tampa's pitching is very underrated. They have last years Cy Young and CFM, plus a good bull pen. They are a couple bats away from being a top contender

Weren't they the #1 in team era in the AL? That says a lot especially with all the injuries they had
Big Al 1992
AG
Waiting on Spadilly gif...
BCSGrubber
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Waiting on Spadilly gif...

Look up

^
|
|
Marvin
AG
Not selected, again. I'm o'fer the last two years. I gotta be hitting a statistical improbability at this point.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
aggiederelict
Went last night with my lotto tickets and will be going Saturday night as I won again. Last night was crazy. Cole was so locked in. Took my son to his first playoff game. Loved it.
Bregxit
AG
I hate not knowing the times of the games yet for the ALCS. It seems like those would be set already regardless of who is playing who. I'm going to be buying tickets not knowing if I can even go to games 1 or 2 (assuming the Astros finish off the Rays...I am not being presumptive baseball gods; pleas don't smite our team!).
First Page Last Page
Page 1233 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.