***** Official Houston Astros 2019 Season Thread *****

6,849,069 Views | 74452 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PSully97
Mr President Elect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marvin said:

Stacking their lineups? With what, the '27 Yankees??? The entire damn batting order rode him like a hobby horse for a month straight. Stacking a lineup... come on.

I get protecting your player and all, but that's crazy talk.
To be fair he usually got pulled before he got to face the 9 hitter... in the first inning!
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

RISP

League Avg

Astros

Being barely above league avg ain't good. Hitting with RISP has been our weakness
Barely above?

67 points in the OPS is barely above?
BMX Bandit
There is no doubt in my mind that AggieEE was yelling for springer to be dropped in the lineup for World Series in 2017
Ag_07
AG
Let it go. He's stuck on it

And as soon as a runner doesn't score from scoring position he'll come on here with the 'I told y'all we're awful with RISP' post.
AggiEE
BMX Bandit said:

There is no doubt in my mind that AggieEE was yelling for springer to be dropped in the lineup for World Series in 2017

I don't get too concerned about any particular player having a bad stretch (unless you're Reddout with a year long slump).
Farmer1906
AG
AggiEE said:

BMX Bandit said:

I don't get too concerned about any particular player having a bad stretch (unless you're Reddout with a year long slump).

*2 years
Deluxe
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AggiEE said:

BMX Bandit said:

*2 years
*2 years + 2017 playoff disaster

I hope he kills it this year though.
Ag_07
AG
How soon some of you forget

BigPuma
AG
i kinda want to see the nats beat the brewers and walk all over the dodgers. because **** the dodgers.
jkag89
AggiEE said:

Farmer1906 said:

RISP

League Avg

Astros

Being barely above league avg ain't good. Hitting with RISP has been our weakness
Being "barely" above average isn't bad either especially when you consider the 'Stros have the highest BA & OBP in MLB. In other words being "barely" above average in RISP combined with more opportunities is usually pretty good.
Deluxe
AG
Of course I remember that. Very big hit. But I also remember 5/49 against the Yankees and Dodgers. He wasn't a very productive player in the 2017 playoffs. Hopefully he will be this year.
rosco511
AG
I just hate it when the facts get in the way of an argument...
DVC2010
AG
BigPuma said:

i kinda want to see the nats beat the brewers and walk all over the dodgers. because **** the dodgers.

That's definitely my upset pick, and nothing would make me happier than seeing the Brewers sneak into the World Series; they are by far the weakest in the field.

That being said, the Astros and Dodgers are historically good, and a 2017 rematch should make for an epic World Series.
Harry Dunne
Farmer1906 said:

And you've got to start reading the posts before your before you repeat information.

I posted a few seconds after you did. Your post wasn't up when I started writing. It's not like you invented the wheel with that info and I needed it to make my point, which is EE posts a lot of stuff that contradicts the facts.

Anyway God forbid someone post redundant information on this forum. Nice job policing that.
DVC2010
AG
How good are the Astros?
Ben Lindbergh said:

But wins and losses don't always accurately reflect a team's true performance. Baseball Prospectus's archive of third-order records extends back to 1950, encompassing 70 seasons and 1,742 teams...The Astros and Dodgers rank first and third all time, respectively, in third-order winning percentage.
Bregxit
AG
Deluxe said:

Of course I remember that. Very big hit. But I also remember 5/49 against the Yankees and Dodgers. He wasn't a very productive player in the 2017 playoffs. Hopefully he will be this year.

Reddick batted .375 in the ALDS in 2017.

In the 2017 ALCS and WS the Astros batted .187 and .230 as a team respectively. It's not like the team was a bastion of production.
dshedd41
S
CFTXAG10
AG
I was wondering what Cletus McLame has been up to lately. Maybe with all those sour grapes he can open up a whinery in Waco with Chip and Joanne.
Deluxe
AG
Bregxit said:

Deluxe said:

In the 2017 ALCS and WS the Astros batted .187 and .230 as a team respectively. It's not like the team was a bastion of production.
Despite our disagreement on whether or not Josh Reddick was good in the 2017 playoffs, we can agree that we both hope he succeeds this year. If he stays focused on using all fields, slapping singles and turning the lineup over in the 9 hole, he'll be alright. If he goes back to "swing for the upper deck Reddick" mode like he does from time to time, he might be on the bench after a few games.
astros4545
AG
Jim Crane definitely tanked, he had zero hits on the whole season
Bregxit
AG
dshedd14 said:

I guess McLame forgot the part where the team was 56-106 during his last season as owner...but sure it was Crane that tanked it.
Bregxit
AG
Deluxe said:

Bregxit said:

Deluxe said:

Despite our disagreement on whether or not Josh Reddick was good in the 2017 playoffs, we can agree that we both hope he succeeds this year. If he stays focused on using all fields, slapping singles and turning the lineup over in the 9 hole, he'll be alright. If he goes back to "swing for the upper deck Reddick" mode like he does from time to time, he might be on the bench after a few games.

No disagreement here. I am saying the whole team outside of 2-3 guys each series was pretty stank-o-rific.
Prosperdick
AG
He'll always have his baylor toilet bowl stadium...
jkag89
dshedd14 said:

Maybe if Uncle Drayton didn't leave the team bereft of MLB ready talent maybe Crane would have had more options in building a quality ball-club.
expresswrittenconsent
Screw Drayton. He was terrible. Dude before him was worse. What was his name, mcmullen?
McInnis
AG
Yes, McMullen ran off Nolan Ryan. He was worse. Drayton started out OK. He signed Swindell and Draback to big contracts which both backfired. But his comments about A&M leaving the BDF soured me on him forever.
k20dub
AG

Bregman now the favorite.
astros4545
AG
I wonder if they got the line wrong and took it down

Bregman trout not available

But that line for CyYoung is correct
Faustus
https://deadspin.com/the-as-and-rays-deserve-better-than-fighting-for-the-ri-1838662275

Quote:

It is an accepted truth that the Houston Astros are planet-eaters, loaded beyond reason with all the things a baseball team needs to beat its foes stupid.
. . .
Charlie Conway
man if the Astros don't win it's gonna be a huge bummer
CFTXAG10
AG
Well that was fast. 2-0 Brew Crew.
Bregxit
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Well that was fast. 2-0 Brew Crew.

Grandal ambushed Scherzer.
bearkatag15
AG
Charlie Conway said:

man if the Astros don't win it's gonna be a huge bummer

Ag_07
AG
Nats choking...Now it's officially October
CFTXAG10
AG
Balls still juiced obviously
First Page Last Page
Page 1149 of 2128

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.